Page 7145 of 7145 FirstFirst ... 6145664570457095713571417142714371447145
Results 71,441 to 71,449 of 71449

Thread: Your Random Thoughts of the Day Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by the Ys guy View Post
    Okay I have a real question. Apparently in one of my little discussions it was voted 95% that everyone love firemen more than cops. Does anyone think this is true?
    Cops solicit, give people tickets, and can be a general nuisance in areas with little crime (basically being revenuers), so it's no wonder that people would prefer firemen, they only show up when needed.
    McBragg'd, noun: A state in which a user argued incessantly over an idea in an unpleasable manner, often resulting in contempt and/or drama.
    The super villain, Dr. Eggman, discovers a powerful Ragnium element in Ragna Rock island which can fuel his robots and make them faster than Sonic.

the Grand Universal Space Station, Helix Nebula

Okay I have a real question. Apparently in one of my little discussions it was voted 95% that everyone love firemen more than cops. Does anyone think this is true?
    Well think of it like this:
    How much more likely is a fireman gonna put you in prison by mistake instead of say... saving you from dangers like... a fire?

Might update.
    PSN: The_120cxx
    deviantART

Quote Originally Posted by TinkererTails View Post
    You shouldn't have to thank someone for listening. :O
    I can't talk about this sort of family problem at work. At least not yet. My colleagues aren't that close. So most of the time, I can only rant online.
    I'm taking measures to apply for a better job next year, though. Hopefully I'll work in a different environment, where people work as a team.

You're a kind person, btw. <3
    Ore wa Sonikku za hejjihoggu!

Quote Originally Posted by Saberyoko View Post
    Whats...summer...vactation? *pants
    Omochao:
    Summer vacation is a vacation that takes place in the summer!
    "Your adventuring days are coming to an end!"
    -Shadow the Hedgehog, 2001

Quote Originally Posted by the 120cxx View Post
    You know, it seems like I can only make essays super easily when the topic is something I'm actually passionate about instead of whatever a teacher throws my way that week.

Anyone else feel the same?
    Yes, I definitely feel that way.
    "Your adventuring days are coming to an end!"
    -Shadow the Hedgehog, 2001

Southwest Ohio (school year), Chicago (breaks)

Not everyone, but if you mean that 95% of the population views firemen more favorably, I would believe that. There is a significant segment of the population that sees police forces as the successor to the institution of slavery, a way for the government to justify continuing to keep black men in custody.

I don't believe that's true, although racism is certainly alive and well among cops (most of it subconscious), but the cops are undeniably associated with force and violence, which tends to scare people even in the context of fighting crime. All firemen do is save you from fires, so it's easier to see them as a force of benevolence.

In a house that's in a city that's in a state that's in a country that's in a continent somewheres.

It never fails. Scroll down to the comments section of any video featuring a female video game character in any capacity, and the top comments are always going to be...that kind of comment. It's honestly sickening me a little at this point.

My dog is so cool, he's got four legs.

Quote Originally Posted by CHAnga View Post
    It never fails. Scroll down to the comments section of any video featuring a female video game character in any capacity, and the top comments are always going to be...that kind of comment. It's honestly sickening me a little at this point.
    Where?! What context?!

*one search later*

Well, I looked at the Uncharted: Lost Legacy video.. wow, that didn't take long.

"It's a shame you have to sit on something that pretty."

Huh.
    Last edited by Rapido Azule; Yesterday at 09:33 PM.

Page 7145 of 7145 FirstFirst ... 6145664570457095713571417142714371447145