Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: SEGA Forums - Consolidation / Archive Update

Clumsyorchid - In b4 lock Julian's Avatar

Default SEGA Forums - Consolidation / Archive Update

On May 7th, we'll be making a few changes to the layout of the SEGA forums and wanted all to be aware. We'll be consolidating our forums a bit by archiving some forums and consolidating a few others. Our goal is to streamline conversations into key areas based on activity level inside the forum.

For game forums that are not very active, we're hoping discussions will take place on our SEGA General forum. For Sonic discussions on past titles, we also would like these to take place in the Sonic games section.

Merge
    SEGA Digital -> General SEGA Discussion
    Sonic Generations -> Sonic Games
    Mario & Sonic London -> Sonic Games
    Sonic Colors -> Sonic Games
    Sonic 4 Ep 2 -> Sonic Games

Archive:
    Alien
    Binary Domain
    Crush 3D
    Gods rule
    Hell Yea!
    House of the Dead: Overkill
    Nights into Dreams
    Rise of Nightmares
    Shinobi
    Samurai Bloodshow
    Super Monkey Ball
    Phantasy Star Universe
    Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown
    Virtua Tennis

Remove / Update:
    Dr Who - Remove
    Aliens - Link to Alien: Isolation forum (http://forums.alienisolation.com)

We welcome feedback and discussion.

Thanks,
    - Julian @ SEGA

http://blogs.sega.com/usa/

@SEGA does what @Nintendon't

For already-existing active discussions, such as this, will they be moved?
    YouTube Channel

I am regularly active on KH-Vids: https://kh-vids.net/members/3091/

Well, I'm glad Valkyria and Yakuza stay alive. I guess.

Merging means moving all the topics from one forum to the other? I kind of feel all classic franchises should be moved to general instead of frozen in the archive (HOTD, Monkey Ball, VF...)
    NISA does what sega don't.

It's going to be sad seeing the NiGHTS forum go into the archive, but it's understandable. There just isn't much to discuss about the game despite how awesome the game is, and so the forum is dead.

Overall I think the changes look good, will definitely make things less cluttered. Oh, and the company of heroes 2 test forum seems kinda redundant when no one can access it and there is a link to the CoH2 forums. Unless you guys are still using that forum, of course.

Is it possible to make the Archive collapsed by default? I mean it's not a big deal to me since I already have it collapsed, but I'm thinking it would just make things look cleaner to someone who doesn't normally visit the forum, especially with all the extra forums that are about to be added to it. Just a thought.

Thank you for communicating and sharing your plans with us when you could easily just make the changes without saying anything.
    Last edited by Space Cat; 04-23-2014 at 08:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadiWulf View Post
    It's going to be sad seeing the NiGHTS forum go into the archive, but it's understandable. There just isn't much to discuss about the game despite how awesome the game is, and so the forum is dead.
    Yea, ultimately we want to keep discussions open and active, so if there's ever a time when you want to discuss NiGHTS, the General SEGA forum will be a great destination. With more active people, it will receive more active conversation.

Overall I think the changes look good, will definitely make things less cluttered. Oh, and the company of heroes 2 test forum seems kinda redundant when no one can access it and there is a link to the CoH2 forums. Unless you guys are still using that forum, of course.
    The COH2 test forum is for an initiative they are running, it will get used. Their forum uses VB5, which removed the password function on forums, so we're helping out without VB4 forum. In time it may fold back into the official forums, depending on what solutions we can come up with.

Is it possible to make the Archive collapsed by default? I mean it's not a big deal to me since I already have it collapsed, but I'm thinking it would just make things look cleaner to someone who doesn't normally visit the forum, especially with all the extra forums that are about to be added to it. Just a thought.
    Yes, I agree 100%. Its on my list of changes.

Thank you for communicating and sharing your plans with us when you could easily just make the changes without saying anything.
    Absolutely, thanks for replying!

Quote Originally Posted by suketodara View Post
    Well, I'm glad Valkyria and Yakuza stay alive. I guess.
    Both of these boards are still pretty active, so it's important to me that we keep them up and running and support the people who post there.

Quote Originally Posted by suketodara View Post
    Merging means moving all the topics from one forum to the other? I kind of feel all classic franchises should be moved to general instead of frozen in the archive (HOTD, Monkey Ball, VF...)
    It's possible we might actually just close the Sonic forums and archive them, instead of merging. Thanks for flagging! I think moving all conversations is a bit much, as most aren't going to ever be revisited. It's good to have a record of them and if you want to revisit, a new topic is the better option.

That said, if there any topics you think should be moved over, feel free to post them here and we can evaluate. The PSU Players association thread is a really good example of something we should keep active in a forum yet to be decided.

I think there should be also "Multiplatform gaming" section. Sometimes it's confusing where to discuss multiplatform games.

FUN IS INFINITE.

Sonic Advance trilogy, Sonic Unleashed, Sonic Colors and Sonic Boom Fire & Ice should be on PC.

Quote Originally Posted by Gri View Post
    I think there should be also "Multiplatform gaming" section. Sometimes it's confusing where to discuss multiplatform games.
    Can you give me some example threads where this is or isn't happening? I'll be honest, I think the platform boards already serve this purpose since people are pretty divided in how they discuss games. The few games that are multiplatform could be discussed in an existing forum, but I'm willing to look into it.

Guess I'll provide some feedback.

• Customer Support could be renamed to Forum Support & Feedback
    • The Lounge could be moved under Everything SEGA under Customer Support
      - Having one category (Off Topic) for one forum just seems odd.

Also, I have a couple of questions:
    • I see that the Games category is sorted by alphabetical order, so then shouldn't The House of the Dead be below Super Monkey Ball?
    • Why does a Phantasy Star Universe archive already exist?
    YouTube Channel

I am regularly active on KH-Vids: https://kh-vids.net/members/3091/

Quote Originally Posted by Clumsyorchid View Post
    Can you give me some example threads where this is or isn't happening? I'll be honest, I think the platform boards already serve this purpose since people are pretty divided in how they discuss games. The few games that are multiplatform could be discussed in an existing forum, but I'm willing to look into it.
    After second thought, "General gaming" would be more fitting. Here's example of thread not related to any platform:
    http://forums.sega.com/showthread.ph...le-Protagonist
    Or this one
    http://forums.sega.com/showthread.ph...e-quot-Ubisoft

FUN IS INFINITE.

Sonic Advance trilogy, Sonic Unleashed, Sonic Colors and Sonic Boom Fire & Ice should be on PC.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast