Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SEGA Forums - Consolidation / Archive Update

Clumsyorchid - In b4 lock Julian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Amaury View Post
    Guess I'll provide some feedback.

• Customer Support could be renamed to Forum Support & Feedback
    • The Lounge could be moved under Everything SEGA under Customer Support
      - Having one category (Off Topic) for one forum just seems odd.

Also, I have a couple of questions:
    • I see that the Games category is sorted by alphabetical order, so then shouldn't The House of the Dead be below Super Monkey Ball?
    • Why does a Phantasy Star Universe archive already exist?
    Customer Support forum is an old throwback for when we didn't have a centralized support tool like we do now. Any official support should go through our main channels, but this forum still is a good spot for people look for user to user support. I don't want to rename it, because when people visit the site and have a problem, they should go to the Customer Support forum. Whereas I think you want it changed to be a Feedback area because that's how you use it. Make sense?

For the lounge, functionally and organizationally, you are correct - the Lounge should sit in the SEGA bucket. However, the Lounge is a very different community than any of the General SEGA forums, over time they've developed their own space and that space should be respected. Sure, it doesn't make sense, but it works, and that's what matters most to me .

I'm sure someone made a mistake on the creation of the HOTD board and no one noticed / cared enough to change it. Things happen, we're people, we make mistakes.

PSU has an archive already because when the game closed we shuffled off a few of the forums into the archive. Active forums with a need stayed open for a time to be determined that I just determined in this thread .

http://blogs.sega.com/usa/

@SEGA does what @Nintendon't

Quote Originally Posted by Clumsyorchid View Post
    Customer Support forum is an old throwback for when we didn't have a centralized support tool like we do now. Any official support should go through our main channels, but this forum still is a good spot for people look for user to user support. I don't want to rename it, because when people visit the site and have a problem, they should go to the Customer Support forum. Whereas I think you want it changed to be a Feedback area because that's how you use it. Make sense?
    Not at all, actually. It would be both a support and feedback area, which is why I suggested a rename to Forum Support & Feedback. Alternatively, maybe SEGA Support? I don't know, for some reason customer sounds odd to me because I don't exactly feel -- and I'm sure some others feel the same -- like a "customer."

But yes, it makes perfect sense, so if you'd rather leave it as is, I can respect that.

For the lounge, functionally and organizationally, you are correct - the Lounge should sit in the SEGA bucket. However, the Lounge is a very different community than any of the General SEGA forums, over time they've developed their own space and that space should be respected. Sure, it doesn't make sense, but it works, and that's what matters most to me .
    Could always maybe add more forums to Off Topic. Maybe something like:
    • Forum Games (Word Game, Ban the User Above, etc.)
    • Personal Projects (like my Video Game Projects thread)

Just a thought, though.

I'm sure someone made a mistake on the creation of the HOTD board and no one noticed / cared enough to change it. Things happen, we're people, we make mistakes.
    Actually, now that I think about it, I think that's correct. If I recall, prepositions, such as "the," aren't counted when ordering things alphabetically. It's sort of how when looking at an online TV schedule, for example, you'll see something like The Looney Tunes Show listed as Looney Tunes Show, The.

PSU has an archive already because when the game closed we shuffled off a few of the forums into the archive. Active forums with a need stayed open for a time to be determined that I just determined in this thread .
    Huh. Because I can vaguely remember it existing before even the PC / PS2 servers shut down.
    YouTube Channel

I am regularly active on KH-Vids: https://kh-vids.net/members/3091/

Quote Originally Posted by Gri View Post
    After second thought, "General gaming" would be more fitting. Here's example of thread not related to any platform:
    http://forums.sega.com/showthread.ph...le-Protagonist
    Or this one
    http://forums.sega.com/showthread.ph...e-quot-Ubisoft
    Ah, totally get it. I'm not sure we need a whole new forum for this discussion. Yes, it would make more sense functionally, but I'm less inclined to have a general discussion forum when topics appear to still draw in good conversation, and conversation from people who favor different platforms.

In a perfect world, we'd have one Gaming forum. In this perfect world, people would appreciate and celebrate the differences in consoles or platforms. They'd join in spirited discussions without name calling or trolling. And so on.

It's my experience that a single forum doesn't work as well, so we group them by Plaform.

Quote Originally Posted by Amaury View Post
    Not at all, actually. It would be both a support and feedback area, which is why I suggested a rename to Forum Support & Feedback. Alternatively, maybe SEGA Support? I don't know, for some reason customer sounds odd to me because I don't exactly feel -- and I'm sure some others feel the same -- like a "customer."

But yes, it makes perfect sense, so if you'd rather leave it as is, I can respect that.

Could always maybe add more forums to Off Topic. Maybe something like:
    • Forum Games (Word Game, Ban the User Above, etc.)
    • Personal Projects (like my Video Game Projects thread)

Just a thought, though.

Actually, now that I think about it, I think that's correct. If I recall, prepositions, such as "the," aren't counted when ordering things alphabetically. It's sort of how when looking at an online TV schedule, for example, you'll see something like The Looney Tunes Show listed as Looney Tunes Show, The.

Huh. Because I can vaguely remember it existing before even the PC / PS2 servers shut down.
    1. Cool - we're keeping it Customer Support, we can agree to disagree.

2. I feel like the Lounge already serves the needs for games or projects, that's what the forum is for.

3. Could be, I didn't set this one up.

4. Possibly, it's been several years, I don't remember.

1. Cool - we're keeping it Customer Support, we can agree to disagree.
    I agree with you, actually. I was just making a comment.

2. I feel like the Lounge already serves the needs for games or projects, that's what the forum is for.
    Okey-doke.
    YouTube Channel

I am regularly active on KH-Vids: https://kh-vids.net/members/3091/

Yay, that was the idea I suggested.

This should make the forums a bit tidier and easier to navigate now.
    STYLE: ❎
    GRACE: ❎
    FUNNY FACE: ✅

Senior Member ~TheSuperTailsFan~'s Avatar
    Like and Subscribe for a used $10 Gift Card

Thanks ClumsyOrchid. The forums did need to be slimmed down a bit. It will make it easier to go from one place to another.
    PSN: ST97- | Twitter | MAL | My Steam |
    PM me if you want the Link for Sega Discord Chat
    Quote Originally Posted by Yee
    All people do is live the same day over and over with no ambition.

Banned

Rhythm Thief isn't getting archived? Sequel confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by KnucklesTheEchinda View Post
    Rhythm Thief isn't getting archived? Sequel confirmed.
    Hmm, it might actually be moved too. We did release a new mobile version of the game, but there's not a whole lot of chatter in there to keep it open. An active forum is not an indicator of game production. Hashtag.

Banned

Hmm, it might actually be moved too. We did release a new mobile version of the game, but there's not a whole lot of chatter in there to keep it open. An active forum is not an indicator of game production. Hashtag.
    Daaaaaang. Oh well.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast