Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Server Error?

So i've been going back and forth with one of the tech guys.
    Started out with hopeful optimism...end up disappointed.

Seems as though they don't know what the problem is and kind of passed the buck over to my cell phone service provider, saying that the game runs on high data usage and my cell service is probably not letting it run properly.

I highly doubt that it's my cell service, since the game worked perfectly fine for the first three weeks of running the game (via Data on my phone) and at most was using 3-4 MB of data for 3-4 hours of play.

None of my other games on my cell phone have issues accessing the internet and connecting via Data, just seems to be DCs.

The tech guy's suggestion of just connecting to Wifi to play, isn't exactly realistic. You can't always be connected to a Wifi signal.

Speaking as a software developer (I don't work for Sega, or on Dragon Coins), I can't see what else they could possibly do. If it works for you on wifi and not cellular, and it works for everyone else on cellular, I can't see what else it could be other than your cellular company, or some settings on your phone that make things different when going through cellular. There comes a time when a developer just has to say, "I don't know, and I can't figure out why this doesn't work for just 1 person."

If I was determined to play this game, I'd set up the ability to recover the account (you should do this even if you don't follow this plan) and then start trying things like uninstalling and reinstalling, wiping the phone and starting from scratch, and going to the Genius Bar and asking them what else it could be. I see you've done at least some of that already, though.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'switching to ipad'. Do you mean you physically switched devices, and it still happens? The only common thread there would be the cellular service!

Have you tried more extreme things like switching languages or locale information? Canada shouldn't be a problem, but I know that locale info can cause problems sometimes.

I see others saying "same for me" here, but the only one that gave any info is having a different problem, since they're using WiFi, not cellular, and it works fine for the OP on WiFi.

Anyhow, my point is that there's no point in being mad at the DC devs for something they have no way of replicating and diagnosing. If you can give them more information, you may give them enough to finally find it. But without that, they're pretty much SOL.

I've spoken with my Cell phone provider, and they have confirmed with me that they've had thousands of reports of this same error from iOS users, and have been in contact with with SEGA and the Dev team for DCs.

They noted to me that SEGA and DCs has says that the server which supports games played through Cellular Data instead of Wireless Broadband is down. SEGA and DCs stated that "they are building an app update for IOS users soon".

Not to beat a dead horse any longer, could we kindly get confirmation that this is actually the case?

Thanks all.

Quote Originally Posted by specs0309 View Post
    They noted to me that SEGA and DCs has says that the server which supports games played through Cellular Data instead of Wireless Broadband is down. SEGA and DCs stated that "they are building an app update for IOS users soon".
    They said what? That doesn't make sense. It's the same internet. There's no need for a different server for cellular users.

It sounds to me like your ISP lied to get you off the phone. They're probably sick of the complaints and figure they can direct the anger away from themselves long enough to fix the problem or have it go away on its own.

Now I need to convince my fiancee to install it on her iPhone and see if it works for us on cell data. I'm betting it works fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuukaze View Post
    They said what? That doesn't make sense. It's the same internet. There's no need for a different server for cellular users.

It sounds to me like your ISP lied to get you off the phone. They're probably sick of the complaints and figure they can direct the anger away from themselves long enough to fix the problem or have it go away on its own.

Now I need to convince my fiancee to install it on her iPhone and see if it works for us on cell data. I'm betting it works fine.
    Gonna have to agree with Ryuu on the fact the ISP might have lied, they like to put the blame on others, it'S never their fault and never their infrastructure who suck . It might not even be carrier related but route related though, maybe the route taken from your carrier towers to the sega servers might have a faulty node where the traffic is dropped and nobody knows about. If it's only iOS users, then it might be software or OS related. I know I'm fine with a Nexus 5 on Virgin Mobile in Quebec.

Did something happened to the server? I'm getting error -1000 after doing an arena battle. It was around 2am PDT when this occured.
    Dragon Coins ID: 0030-7279-6311

Getting it right now, haven't been able to do anything for about half an hour. Same error message as yours.

Default Error 1000

Quote Originally Posted by Wahamut View Post
    Did something happened to the server? I'm getting error -1000 after doing an arena battle. It was around 2am PDT when this occured.
    Same thing actually since 2 hours.
    Error 1000
    Are servers down?

Quote Originally Posted by ivan12345 View Post
    Same thing actually since 2 hours.
    Error 1000
    Are servers down?
    I believe they are down. I've received error message that says Sorry, a server error occured 1000 and the server is experiencing unexpected downtime 1001. Sucks, wanted to play more before bed but I guess I'll go to sleep earlier tonight.

On the one hand, I passed out somewhere around 11 pm PDT so I don't know how long ago this happened (IE how long people had access to Arena while I wasn't gaining points).

On the other hand... FREE SLEEP!
    Dragon Coins ID: 1422-3432-1968

Free-to-Play player with a Pay-to-Win strategy!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast