Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Strategy: Monster Sets

Lightbulb Strategy: Monster Sets

I wanted to start up some Strategy Comparisons via Monster Sets. These sets may be aligned along Elemental Type, Race Type, Skills/Leadership skills, etc. In some cases they may be theoretical, until someone can play test them.

Please feel free to post your own using the following format:

Name: (You Create it, You Name it!)
    Monster Name
    Element
    Race
    Skill
    L. Skill
    Rarity
    (Ally Monster) - - - - -
    How to Play it: (Describe the optimal way to play it, i.e. order of skills clicked, which rounds to use etc)
    Requirements: (Rainbow Chest, Dragon's Road, Bonus Monster, etc)

Here are some I've worked up:

Name: Heaven's Bestiary
    Monster Name
    Element
    Race
    Skill
    L. Skill
    Rarity
    Ziz Light Beast Lullaby Beast Inferno SR+
    XVIII Moon Light Beast End Pusher N/A SR+
    Koryu Light Beast All Focus N/A SR+
    Tezcatlipoca Light Beast Light Chain N/A SR+
    (Ally Monster) - - - -
    How to Play it: Use Lullaby skill to put all monsters to sleep, Followed by using All Focus skill to store up attacks, spam as many coins onto the platform and stage as you can, at about the 5 second mark left of All Focus, use End Pusher and Light Chain. When All Focus ends, you'll unleash an absolute FURY of attack.
    Requirements: Featured Chest, Rainbow Chest, Urgent Mission

Name: Death Blow
    Monster Name
    Element
    Race
    Skill
    L. Skill
    Rarity
    N/A N/A N/A All Counter * SR/SR+
    N/A N/A N/A Explosion * SR/SR+
    N/A N/A N/A All High Power * SR/SR+
    N/A N/A N/A All Storm * SR/SR+
    (Ally Monster) - - ** -
    How to Play it: This works disastrously well against multiple enemies (Final w/ 3 Bosses especially). Trigger All High Power, All Storm and All Counter at the same time, immediately followed by Explosion (shorter timer so it should go last). Spam coins to trigger Enemy monster attacks. Continue spamming coins to keep triggering monster attacks as long as you have health to sustain getting hit. This strategy can result in 90+ hit combos and does not rely on getting coins across the bottom of the stage as all of your attacks are triggered by All Counter & Explosion.
    Note *: There are lots of creatures to select from for these skills, so you may have a wide variety of Leadership Skills to choose from, I recommend something that increases damage for the majority of your Race types, for example Hero's Blaze if you have mostly minions selected.
    Note **: If you are missing one of the 4 core skills, use your Allies to fill in the last slot, otherwise choose a heal skill ability to recover some of your lost health during monster attacks or something with Beast Tamer if you want to have all 3 monsters attack at the same time (the 25 coins don't hurt either).
    Requirements: Featured Chest, Rainbow Chest, Friend Chest

Name: Divine Daze
    Monster Name
    Element
    Race
    Skill
    L. Skill
    Rarity
    Peter Pan Light Celestial Stun Celestial Initiative SR+
    Athena Light Celestial All Storm N/A SR+
    Chaos Null Celestial All High Power N/A SR+
    * * Celestial * N/A SR+
    (Ally Monster) - - - -
    How to Play it: While the skills of these can be played with a variety of monsters, this selection focuses on the Celestial race and Light/Null Elements for consistent damage. The Celestial Initiative Leadership skill will effectively wipe out any first round monsters (with appropriate monster levels of course) with its 12 attacks (15 if your ally is also Celestial). Saving the second half of the strategy for the Final round, you use the All Storm and All High Power skills followed by Stun (this works best on single enemy Boss monsters). After starting your Stun skill, 3 or 4 finger spam coins on the screen as much as possible, you'll end up with 30-50 hit combos that will wipe out the Final Boss.
    Note *: You can use any good Celestial monster here, I'd recommend sticking with the Light/Shadow/Null elements.
    Requirements: Featured Chest, Rainbow Chest, Friend Chest, Bonus Monsters (Grand Void as an alternate)

Obviously there are lots more Strategies out there, but these are 3 that I've played with and enjoy. I hope to see other contributions!

I've seen a crazy team comp that beats urgent missions on level 104 without any help of friends.
    Trigger Stop + divine pusher + (walls on both sides), start spamming and trigger Tough Love + All Storm/All Berserker while you keep spamming. Tough Love gives you nearly infinite amounts of heal coins while they can can NOT be shoved off the edges - result is your combometer stacks up to several hundreds.

Quote Originally Posted by Taiyou View Post
    I've seen a crazy team comp that beats urgent missions on level 104 without any help of friends.
    Trigger Stop + divine pusher + (walls on both sides), start spamming and trigger Tough Love + All Storm/All Berserker while you keep spamming. Tough Love gives you nearly infinite amounts of heal coins while they can can NOT be shoved off the edges - result is your combometer stacks up to several hundreds.
    I would love to have something with Great Wall. Hopefully they'll come to the chests soon.

Here are some possible replacements for that strategy, because let's face it... Very few people have that exact combination!

Replace Divine Pusher and Great Wall with E Wall and W Wall. It wouldn't be as effective, but it could work.

Replace Tough Love with One Man's Loss or Drain. With these, the walls probably aren't as necessary, either. Having only one wall would be better than none, but even none should still work to some extent.

Replace Stop with Stun. (Only works for 1 enemy, though.)

Replace All Storm/All Berserker with anything that grants increased damage. If you replaced Divine Pusher before, you'll probably want Combo God here.

Of course, all of this requires that you actually get skill boxes on all the monsters.

My girlfriend is currently running a team comp consisting of Radiant Dragon, Tezcatlipoca, Wyvern, Grand Void and usually fills the friend slot with a Divine Pusher(Celestial Lion). It has a pretty good synergy, Grand Void buffs not only Tezcatlipoca's Attacks but also his Light Chain. Any coin that falls into Radiant Dragon or Tez' lets the whole team (except for Grand Void) attack twice. It actually works with any pusher, but Celestial Lion fits best. Side note: She's a Free Player.
    Last edited by Taiyou; 06-25-2014 at 08:29 AM.

Name: Beast OCK (Short for One Combo Kill)
    Monster Name
    Element
    Race
    Skill
    L. Skill
    Rarity
    Pazuzu Fire Beast All Storm N/A SR+
    Behemoth Wood Beast All High Power Iron Beast SR+
    Bermuda Water Beast All Counter N/A SR+
    Mrs. Claus Fire Minion Cheer Up N/A SR+
    Typhon (Ally Monster) Shadow Beast Divine Pusher Beast Assist SR+
    How to Play it: This combo can be typically used in any level with its high variety of elements. It excels in killing bosses in one blow, especially urgent mission bosses. Typhon gives you skill cubes from the start so what you do is push a skill cube to your Cheer Up monster without touching the others. You then pop everything but Cheer Up, make the boss attack till you are 1 hit from dying, pop Cheer Up, by then the coins should have pushed most of the skill cubes to your monsters which already used theirs and you can keep the combo going that way. This sequence is typically executed very fast and if you screw up well, it stops and then your screwed.
    Requirements: Featured Chest, Rainbow Chest and a friend with Typhon

Notes: This setup could be improved in 2 ways:
    1: Having a Light Cheer Up monster. (None exist as of yet) preferrably beast.
    2: having the same setup of one element, unachievable as of yet.

Note #2: I actually have this setup and tried it. The only difference is I have Simoom and not Pazuzu and Hydragoras instead of Bermuda. I killed a lvl 36 Koryu (105k) in one shot with it, most of my monsters were like lvl 1 or some were 10. I also did 113k to sonicmega's lvl 98 Koryu

If you have suggestions feel free to comment on it.

My favorite set right now is what I call my "Beautiful People" set:

Tzitzimitl - Leader Skill drops 10 coins per celestial. Entire team is celestial, guaranteeing a flooded start.
    Konohana Sakuya - Takeover takes care of pesky skill users and deals some damage while pulling coins from bosses.
    XX Judgement - Shakedown gains coins when nearby (neighboring) allies gain coins. With 1 charge, this means super fast combo increases.
    Peter Pan - Stun lets you flood the field any time there's only 1 enemy.

Celestials are good picks for the ally, as are pretty much anything that buffs celestials or adds power to the team.

This team makes Dragon Road a piece of cake. I've not had a chance to try it against a release event, though.

all storm/ all high power / explosion / all counter... oh yea bye enemies

I've been playing with Coin Share and Explosion lately. This is a brutal combination. It should be combined with your 2 highest attack monsters. The strategy is simple: Flood the board with coins, activate both Coin Share and Explosion just as the first coins are dropping in.

With Explosion at level 6 (10 seconds) and Coin Share at level 1 (also 10 seconds), you'll probably kill 2 rounds of monsters, and might even get 3. Chances are that if they're in the center, they'll also get skill cubes and you can continue them.

I used this on 9-1-* and blew everything away. Peter Pan and Alwida sat there, used only for their pure attack power.

If you use this on levels that you find easy, you can kiss those gems goodbye. They're going to just roll down the ridiculous pile of coins and right off the sides before you can even consider trying to corral them.

Best part? Free players can enjoy this, too. Alwida, Grand Void, Uroboros, and Druk. (Or their unevolved versions, of course.) Absolutely brutal.

(I used Strength and Pirate King Fever, but that's not the point.)

Sorry, where do free players get that Uroboros monster from?
    Free player with some amazing luck! Add me!
    Dragon Coins ID: 3926-0505-7330

Quote Originally Posted by CH4OS View Post
    Sorry, where do free players get that Uroboros monster from?
    Chapter 8 and 10, last mission in each, provide Moebius Ring. They evolve to Uroboros.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast