Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How to Prioritize Monster Choice

Yeah tpot, based on the time of our replies I suspect we were both replying at the same time. I was disagreeing with the guy who said rainbow was good. I'll add though that, most terribly, I don't have ArcJaguar myself, and this fact haunts my dreams.

If we're offering early tips, I had early success focusing on skills that raised coin pusher speed and distance because it dropped more down the centre...but beast tamer was a big upgrade (and I have friends with celestial lion who have divine pusher, which is nice).

Edit: am I a free player? I guess not...but I only dropped $10 or something to support the devs, and I use a light prince I got from a rainbow chest, but the really important monsters in my group are grand void, SR dragon, and R+ dragon.
    Last edited by Arinoch; 07-09-2014 at 07:43 PM.

So when I started out I did mostly single element teams, and focused on getting the monsters up in level. I kept a lvl 25 C+ until I transitioned to my current all-dragon team. I tried to make sure that they had compatible skills and was really happy when I got the bonus to my starter R ponicorn so it could turn into a unicorn. I also kept the left and right wall shadow/light monsters until I could get the fire/water ones up to U+ and higher in level.

Next I started doing the dragon road missions, and once I could beat the top level, I pushed to get an R Light dragon. I used the bonus R light dragon from a mission to get the R+ light dragon that I still have. I struggled for a while when I kept that dragon at L20 planning to evolve, but I then realized I wanted the beast tamer skill, so I just started leveling it up, which really helped.

I'm now working on collecting the urgent monsters (all but Ahriman, I joined the game after that one), and leveling/evolving the dragons. Current team is L35 R+Shadow, L45 R+Light, L20 SR Light, and either a L20 Fire or Wood depending on the monsters in the mission.

The biggest skill improvement I learned was clever dropping of coins to collect the gems without needing the wall creatures, but I was about 4 weeks in before I started getting ok at that, and I'm now at the point where I expect to collect a little over 4 gems on average while running the missions at high speed.

I've been playing for a while now (right around the Alwida event), but in no way do I consider myself a veteran. In fact, I feel just recently I am finally starting to understand the flow of events and the monsters in general and finding this forum and the Dragon Coins wiki helped a lot with that too.

After reading about some people's luck with the friendship chest, I actually feel really lucky now with my pulls. I got 1 SR from the freebie chest when you start the game and have pulled 3 SR's since then from the friendship chest. Two of the SR were even the same, so I found myself with a very powerful Gilgamesh very early in the game.

One monster that I think helps a lot for beginners is anything with Coin Shower. I have an R+ with Celestial Shower and it helps so much during the Urgent Mission monsters (especially for full assault strikes). Those extra 30-40 coins can really get the combos started early.

I think I'm going to try and make some kind of all Minion team preferably at 2 charge to take advantage of Alwida's skill too. I know a lot of people on here give Joker a hard time but I like the artwork, it's a 2-charge minion, and I don't see myself making an SR+ shadow dragon anytime soon haha. The only problem with being a free player is even if you get an SR miraculously through a chest, chances of getting the second one to make an SR+ are slim to none. I've come to terms with that and decided to just start leveling my Hearthdear and Centurion instead of keeping them at lvl 20 waiting for their partners.

Exactly as much as we talk about the SR we earn from events being weak in comparison to dragons, it really is a huge accomplishment to get a sr+ dragon other than the light one.

Quote Originally Posted by Tpot11 View Post
    Exactly as much as we talk about the SR we earn from events being weak in comparison to dragons, it really is a huge accomplishment to get a sr+ dragon other than the light one.
    But the light one feels so good.

I prefer teams with all the same race. In my case I have all celestial with celestial blaze which increases everyone's attack.
    skills takeover/mirror attack/ heal fever/ divine heal. I prefer protectors to strength. Maybe if they make more enemy skills like "all in or go home" I'll change my team up

So does anyone keep U+ monsters for their skills/leadership?

I only keep the 5 monsters that have walls. All the rest I fuse or sell with something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    I only keep the 5 monsters that have walls. All the rest I fuse or sell with something else.
    I agree, and now that I have double coin wall, I'm finding there is very little use for the side wall monsters. (not exactly the same, but serves the same purpose of keeping the gems on the board, for me)

Quote Originally Posted by solodan View Post
    I agree, and now that I have double coin wall, I'm finding there is very little use for the side wall monsters. (not exactly the same, but serves the same purpose of keeping the gems on the board, for me)
    Well yes. As a matter of fact I do keep a bunch of monsters just for their skill.
    I am still using Titan, an arguably weak C+ just so I can place a wall on the side to make sure the coins drop into the Radiant Dragon next to it.
    http://karleko.deviantart.com/art/Dr...team-473220106 (I do not know how to embed pictures.)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast