Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Skill Timer/Mechanics Guide

Default Skill Timer/Mechanics Guide

This thread is intended to serve as a "hub" for people to check when they want to (re)confirm a skill's Starting Timer, as well as any special mechanics that can be important to memorize when it comes to maximizing the skill's effects. An example of this would be Mirror Reflect, where it only reflects if activated BEFORE the enemy begins its attack (so activating it after they're already about to strike will not prevent that damage).

I will update this first post continuously as people submit, so that newcomers can just check the original post and Ctrl + F their desired skill.

SKILL LIST:

Cheer Up
    Base Time: 10 seconds
    Special Mechanics:
    - Healing is activated at time of attack hit; skill can be activated after 'attack windup' has begun

Light Chain
    Special Mechanics:
    - can be activated by Coin Share'd charge; if Coin Share user is Light-type, they will also be affected by the resulting Light Chain

Coin Walls
    Base Time: N/A (instant skill)
    Special Mechanics:
    - Counters + 'breaks' enemy Immovable Tower skills on activation

Combo Master/God
    Base Time: 5 seconds
    Special Mechanics:
    - Nullifies any Combo-based shield skills (Go Big or Go Home, etc.)

Counter/Team Counter
    Special Mechanics:
    - Will Counter enemies who are already preparing to strike when activated
    - Only activates on damage (will not combo with Counter-blow/Possess)
    - All strikes from Team Counter count at the same exact time (Skills that nullify below 5 combo will take all 5 hits if not activated yet)

Massive Concentration/Team Massive Concentration:
    Special Mechanics:
    - Crit RNG is decided upon impact of attack; the skill can be activated right before attacks hit, or run out before the same

Mounting Pressure
    Base Time: N/A (instant skill)
    Special Mechanics:
    - Sets attack count of all enemies onscreen to 25, regardless of remaining counts
    - attack count returns to normal after the enemy attacks once
    - Skill can be applied as soon as enemy is visible onscreen; their attack count does not have to be visible
    - 1 coin added to skill effect per level

IN GENERAL, ANY SKILLS THAT CONFLICT EACH OTHER'S EFFECTS WILL USE THE EFFECTS OF ONLY THE MOST RECENT SKILL USED, CANCELLING THE OTHER'S ENTIRELY.
    Last edited by sonicmega; 09-05-2014 at 11:50 AM.
    Dragon Coins ID: 1422-3432-1968

Free-to-Play player with a Pay-to-Win strategy!

Team counter only triggers when you actually take damage. Mixing team counter with counter blow (formerly mirror attack) or possess (formerly take over) does not work.

Quote Originally Posted by SiRB View Post
    Team counter only triggers when you actually take damage. Mixing team counter with counter blow (formerly mirror attack) or possess (formerly take over) does not work.

Updated the post to reflect that.

Cheer up will heal if activated after the coins have dropped already. It heals at the exact point damage is dealt from an attack.

I do need to test if cheer up heals you even after you run out of health. Cause apparently if you kill the enemy and die at the same time, you get the victory as long as it was the final enemy.

Also, One man's loss (or whatever the ones are that drop coins after every attack) WILL drop at least 1 coin every time that monster attacks, regardless of how often the monster drops coins.
    I'm Kao Ninjaratzu, the wolf god of Starmaninja!
    The character in my avatar was created and drawn by me.

Quote Originally Posted by KaoNinjaratzu View Post
    Cheer up will heal if activated after the coins have dropped already. It heals at the exact point damage is dealt from an attack.

I do need to test if cheer up heals you even after you run out of health. Cause apparently if you kill the enemy and die at the same time, you get the victory as long as it was the final enemy.

Also, One man's loss (or whatever the ones are that drop coins after every attack) WILL drop at least 1 coin every time that monster attacks, regardless of how often the monster drops coins.
    What's the base timer on Cheer up?

Quote Originally Posted by sonicmega View Post
    What's the base timer on Cheer up?
    10 seconds
    I'm Kao Ninjaratzu, the wolf god of Starmaninja!
    The character in my avatar was created and drawn by me.

Basically anything that modifies attack damage is calculated when the number appears. Not when the monsters begin their attack. This applies to element changes, combo bonuses, crit chance, everything that I've seen. You can activate them JUST prior to a big wave of attacks landing if it comes as a surprise to you and be fine, or run out of time just before it and lose out.

Edit: for clarity, flash&smash attack,etc, give you an extra, weaker attack. As such it's calculated when you get the coin(s) and mostly useful for racking up combos.

Mounting Pressure increases enemy attack counts TO 25. This means if one was about to attack at a count of 1, you get 24 more coins to drop. If he's got buddies with attack counts that weren't aligned, you still only get 24 more - and they'll be synced ready for the next attack. Then it's back to normal.

When you level it up the coin count increases by 1 per level.
    Last edited by Garru; 09-03-2014 at 05:41 PM.

Everyone's notes are included/updated thusfar.

Fighting in the Arena reminded me of these more 'advanced' tidbits: not useful to a beginner, but somebody just starting missions where enemies use skills and are real jerks about it...

You can counter enemy skills by activating your own skills. If they damage buff themselves, you can use (whatever it's called now) Charm to reduce it and after Charm has worn off, they won't be buffed anymore!

Particularly useful: Haste will counter Attack Cost increase, All Haste will do so for the whole team. ANY of the three Combo skills will counteract both Go Big or Go Home (immune to attacks lower than a 5hit combo (maybe 6 and above do damage?) And whatever the one's called that makes them immune to 10+ combo hits. Again, these don't come back. Mounting Pressure counteracts QuickDraw (enemy attack count decreases by 1 each attack he makes) which arguably isn't a very fearful skill, but it resets the monster to his default attack count after attacking.

Edit: right, and I dislike the skill name change. Still getting used to it if you couldn't tell.
    Last edited by Garru; 09-04-2014 at 05:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Garru View Post
    Fighting in the Arena reminded me of these more 'advanced' tidbits: not useful to a beginner, but somebody just starting missions where enemies use skills and are real jerks about it...

You can counter enemy skills by activating your own skills. If they damage buff themselves, you can use (whatever it's called now) Charm to reduce it and after Charm has worn off, they won't be buffed anymore!

Particularly useful: Haste will counter Attack Cost increase, All Haste will do so for the whole team. ANY of the three Combo skills will counteract both Go Big or Go Home (immune to attacks lower than a 5hit combo (maybe 6 and above do damage?) And whatever the one's called that makes them immune to 10+ combo hits. Again, these don't come back. Mounting Pressure counteracts QuickDraw (enemy attack count decreases by 1 each attack he makes) which arguably isn't a very fearful skill, but it resets the monster to his default attack count after attacking.
    1) When you say counteract, do you mean it just neutralizes the skill, or that the user's skill takes FULL effect. IE, if you use Haste after an enemy increases your attack cost, do you go back to NORMAL attack cost or do you still get -1 (as if you used it without any prior debuff)

2) By Combo Skills, do you mean Combo Master/Combo God, etc?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast