Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Skill Timer/Mechanics Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Garru View Post
    Fighting in the Arena reminded me of these more 'advanced' tidbits: not useful to a beginner, but somebody just starting missions where enemies use skills and are real jerks about it...

You can counter enemy skills by activating your own skills. If they damage buff themselves, you can use (whatever it's called now) Charm to reduce it and after Charm has worn off, they won't be buffed anymore!

Particularly useful: Haste will counter Attack Cost increase, All Haste will do so for the whole team. ANY of the three Combo skills will counteract both Go Big or Go Home (immune to attacks lower than a 5hit combo (maybe 6 and above do damage?) And whatever the one's called that makes them immune to 10+ combo hits. Again, these don't come back. Mounting Pressure counteracts QuickDraw (enemy attack count decreases by 1 each attack he makes) which arguably isn't a very fearful skill, but it resets the monster to his default attack count after attacking.
    Adding the enemy skills each ability cancels out would be SO Useful! I had no idea the Combo extender abilities actually cancel the "Must get higher than X combo", cause it's not too hard to get an R Wood/Fire/Water dragon on your team. I think it would be useful to compile a list for beginners (and even veterans) to help design their offensive team a bit better for these. Like Big Coin being used to counter mini-coin. That ability has very little use outside of cancelling that ability, but it's SO worth it compared to dropping hundreds of tiny coins. Just as much, the pusher abilities (including Fast pusher you get from the 3 starters) is good to use if there's a Floppy pusher enemy.
    Last edited by KaoNinjaratzu; 09-04-2014 at 04:48 PM.
    I'm Kao Ninjaratzu, the wolf god of Starmaninja!
    The character in my avatar was created and drawn by me.

Quote Originally Posted by sonicmega View Post
    1) When you say counteract, do you mean it just neutralizes the skill, or that the user's skill takes FULL effect. IE, if you use Haste after an enemy increases your attack cost, do you go back to NORMAL attack cost or do you still get -1 (as if you used it without any prior debuff)

2) By Combo Skills, do you mean Combo Master/Combo God, etc?
    I can confirm it does set your charge to 1 less than the ORIGINAL cost, then it goes back to the original cost, meaning it completely cancels the charge increase.

So say you have a monster with 3 charge and you get hit by the ability. Now you have 4 charge. Then you use Haste and now you have 2 charge until it wears off, which then you have 3 charge again. It doesn't matter how much charge you accumilate. Haste will get rid of it entirely.

and yes, that's what he means by the Combo skills I presume. I think any of the ones that extend or hold the combo should work presumably.

Quote Originally Posted by KaoNinjaratzu View Post
    I can confirm it does set your charge to 1 less than the ORIGINAL cost, then it goes back to the original cost, meaning it completely cancels the charge increase.

So say you have a monster with 3 charge and you get hit by the ability. Now you have 4 charge. Then you use Haste and now you have 2 charge until it wears off, which then you have 3 charge again. It doesn't matter how much charge you accumilate. Haste will get rid of it entirely.

and yes, that's what he means by the Combo skills I presume. I think any of the ones that extend or hold the combo should work presumably.
    I'm curious what he means by counteracting it though; like, does using Combo ____ NULLIFY the Go Big shield? If so, that's a huge effect; otherwise, it's no different than saying "Combo ____ makes it easier to get above 5 combo".
    Dragon Coins ID: 1422-3432-1968

Free-to-Play player with a Pay-to-Win strategy!

Quote Originally Posted by sonicmega View Post
    I'm curious what he means by counteracting it though; like, does using Combo ____ NULLIFY the Go Big shield? If so, that's a huge effect; otherwise, it's no different than saying "Combo ____ makes it easier to get above 5 combo".
    I feel like he means it nullifies it, but I don't have a way to test it (despite my luck with running into them. I do have a Tarasque so I can test if I"m "lucky"). It does make sense if it did nullify it, but it's hard to tell with abilities that only affect enemies. After all, While combo X does make it easier to get higher comboes, it'd still not be very useful if you don't have the coins to get the combo in 10 seconds.

Sorry/ you get the full effect of your skill activation - in the case of Combo God for instance you ignore the "only combo +/- x does damage," And your combo won't end during the skill duration, along with the combo damage boost.

When combo god wears off the enemy skill no longer aplies to my knowledge. They may or may not be able to re-apply it, if it works like other skills they can't.

Applies to ANY of the 3 combo skills.

You get the full effect of Charm, Power up, etc as well, it REPLACES the negative effect with a positive one. And vice versa, so be careful.

Edit: guess I'll post all of the ones I can think of. Skill names not guaranteed to be accurate.

Enemies use "All Element" on your team sometimes. This will replace YOUR skills that change element, and likewise is replaced by any "change element" skill you use, if it's the single version it of course only applies to that monster. You revert to your normal element afterwards.

Power/High Power (old name) is replaced by the enemies using Charm (old name- attack down skill) and vice versa. You also can use Charm to remove THEIR High Power or vice versa. Unconfirmed: Escalate (attack for friends and foes).
    Note: even though they don't have an oragne up arrow, "Color Boost" will replace/ be replaced by this effect as well, for any monster of the matching color(s) at the time of activation: meaning you can use "all light" followed by ",light boost", and it'll work on your non-light-base monsters - and Light Boost would do no good, even on a team of full Light-base monsters if they've been turned into some other element.

IIRC Concentration (crit buff) is replaced by/replaces enemy Crit Immunity.

Big Silver (old name) is replaced by/replaces Small Silver (,old name)

Any of the Pusher extension skills are replaced by/replace Floppy Pusher (pusher length Nerf) since this is basically the only combo I can test: it does definitely. Turbo pusher (speed only) makes it go a little further, which seems strange, but doesnot replace floppy.

Possess (and probably Paralyze) un-lock your lock on feature if an enemy has used Vanguard to lock you into attacking it. Only if you activate it AFTER. Otherwise you'll still be able to Possess/Paralyze, but just the monster you're locked on. This particular counter is unintiutive, and upon reflection might be a bug.

"Immovable walls" should replace/be replaced by the enemy versions of that type of wall. I,.e. If the enemy does double coin wall in the middle, and you use yours, it should fall after the 5 sec have elapsed. Edit: confirmed by Kao

Speculative:
    The heal coin buff SHOULD be replaced by/replace "Heal Coin effectiveness halved."

Flank attack (old name? Coins that fall off the edge deal damage) SHOULD replace/be replaced by the enemy version of this skill.

You can test these yourself by running your own arena but sadly my repertoire is lacking and I've only the means to test a few personslly.

Edit2: (High) Charm has been renamed (Massive) Curse. Activating either if an enemy is using "Escalate" removes the positive effect from both teams, but (of course) does not Curse you.
    Last edited by Garru; 09-06-2014 at 06:49 AM.

I tested the coin wall/tower thing. Yes, teh enemy placed coins DO fall instantly if you place your own coin walls. Sadly, the "World shake" ability does destroy the walls you set up on the sides, so that ability is one that literally counters you!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12