Thread: My New Fighting Technique Is Unstoppable

Default My New Fighting Technique Is Unstoppable

After a recent tweak to my Urgent Mission team, I think I've come up with a group that can take out any urgent mission boss, any color, of any level that I could possibly spawn during the 3-day events. It requires some pretty specific abilities, but I figured I'd share it in case anyone has had difficulty killing bosses and needs a hand for when they get tougher.

The basic formula is Double Coin Walls + Piston Pusher + Share the Wealth. I've posted about this before in a thread about "El Combo". Essentially, if the coin share monster is in the first or fifth position, a well-timed activation of Piston Pusher will sweep most of one wall into that monster's portrait, triggering a massive combo. Using Checkmate, Sole Searcher, and Hydra, I got combos of more than 130 against the toughest UMs I could spawn. After a lucky pull on the shadow Feature Chest, I've subbed in Stygia as my Double Coin Wall monster, which means higher damage but a slightly lower combo count.

The tweak that I feel gives me a reasonable claim that I will never see a boss or attack wave that can survive the combo is adding in Pandora as my fourth monster. Activating her Climbing Count Attack skill means that I can potentially push a monster's attack count into three figures if it actually survives the primary combo. I figure that basically makes it unbeatable so long as I don't screw up the sequence of skill activation.

In an urgent mission, the layout of skill cubes means that it's pretty easy to be sure you can get a cube to each monster, except for sometimes the middle one - that's the spot I have vacant for an ally. The ally choice doesn't matter a lot - I beat a level 30something UM recently with an ally that was a level 6 Don Quixote. That said, a Mounting Pressure monster can give you more breathing room to carefully set up the combo.

I actually use this team for arena and story missions now as well; other than Pandora, the individual skills are often able to overcome an attack round without requiring use of the whole combo, and if I have all or most of the skills ready in the last round, it basically can take out anything. One thing I really appreciate is that the combo is not really dependent on your monster level - my 57 Pandora is the only monster in the group higher than level 26 or so.

I have to say, I really wish I did have a chance to put this team to the test against some really hard monsters. I would love to see what it would take for a single boss or attack round to survive a fully armed and fully operational battlestation of a team.
    Dragon Coins game ID: 9593-2044-6597

Always awesome to see someone else put the full power of a Pandora into effect, she's awesome in setups like this.

You've probably figured this out, but if you get the Comet Fish swap it out for the Stygia and enjoy watching your total damage go up by an insane amount.

I run a very similar team but where it fails is against confusion bombs. Confusion bombs are the great equalizer of everything i think.

I have a new UM team ready to test out,mit's

anodensia, Tinkerbell, prophet, comet fish, friend

tink and comet Fish are the easiest to get cubes to, that allows me to double stun, if ando gets a cube the sheer amount of attacks will push up the attack count, and if prophet also get his the attack count will be even higher
    current avatar: the devouer of space and time (grand void recolour)
    larger vversion
    urm, I'll just put my dragon coins game ID here: 8380 4477 8558

Sounds like a good time. Do you have any Piston Pusher monsters? If so, I might consider using that instead of Anesidora, just for getting through the fight faster, but either way I doubt you'll find any UM boss you can't defeat short of one of the level 100+ specials Conundrum sometimes throws out towards the end of an event.

Quote Originally Posted by Beriah View Post
    Sounds like a good time. Do you have any Piston Pusher monsters? If so, I might consider using that instead of Anesidora, just for getting through the fight faster, but either way I doubt you'll find any UM boss you can't defeat short of one of the level 100+ specials Conundrum sometimes throws out towards the end of an event.
    No piston pushers but two prophets.
    current avatar: the devouer of space and time (grand void recolour)
    larger vversion
    urm, I'll just put my dragon coins game ID here: 8380 4477 8558

I think this is the best and most efficient team over all for me. I rarely loose when playing with the team listed below from left to right:

Hercules (skill level 8 ) had to put an extra space there or the 8 would be replaced with an emoji
    Cinderella (skill level 7)
    Pharaoh (skill level 10)
    Apocalypse (skill level 10) *leader*
    Ally slot

I really love using this team with a team cleave monster as an ally. I posted the skill levels of my monsters because I'm unsure about how well of a team they'd be if their skills were all level 1.

Another team I have really good chances with is:

Hera (skill level 4)
    Cinderella (skill level 7)
    Nether Jackal (skill level 10)
    Apocalypse or Kaguya (both skill level 10) *leader*

I love using Hera's skill to flood the stage with heal coins while the other skills are active. Hera helped me avoid trouble towers and ejector enemy skills this week. I didn't even have to use Kaguya's skill every time, but I did it anyway lol. There were some times I swapped Apocalypse for Kaguya and set her as my leader because she's actually way more useful than I thought she'd be. Her leader skill is great too. My fiends aren't up to par yet for Mad Hatter's leader skill to do the kind of damage I'm used to seeing. The initiative leader skill is better than braveheart in my opinion. If an initiative leader skill is used with the right team of monsters, you won't even need a comeback cube. You're actually probably not going to lose enough HP for a comback cube to drop anyway..unless you fumble in round 2 and 4 during story expansions missions. I've noticed that those two rounds tend to be the most difficult. A mirror attack skill is absolutely wonderful against ejector enemy skills

I want XIV Temperance and a second Nether Jackal to make Anubis, so I can make my first seriously damaging celestial team. I feel like that will get everything handled. The team I'm looking forward to making from left to right is:

Hera (skill level 4)
    Athena (skill level 9 even though I currently only have 1 Noctua)
    Anubis (skill level 10 even though I currenlty only have 1 Nether Jackal)
    Kaguya (skill level 10) *leader*
    Ally slot (preferably A Bao A Qu)

I also do well on Dragon's Road missions using this team from left to right:

Ally slot (preferably Typhon)
    Baron (skill level 3)
    Fiend Judge (skill level 2)
    Apocalypse (skill level 10)
    Stygia (skill level 6) *leader*

I set Stygia as the leader because of her fiend evolution leader skill. I need all 5 of those seconds more often than not...now that I think about it, it seems like those 5 seconds are shorter than a skill level 1 Cthulhu. I know it's not but I assume that because differences between the skills, it makes it appear that way.

My UM mission team that takes out anything is listed below from left to right:
    Ziz (skill level 7)
    Baron (skill level 3)
    Arcjaguar (skill level 6) - I want a second one to make Tezcatlipoca
    Typhon (skill level 3) *leader*
    Ally slot (preferably a friend with Ziz, Typhon, Baron, or Little Mermaid/Mermaid Princess)

If a friend has Tyhon set as their leader, I switch mine to Ziz. If friend has Ziz, Baron, or Little Mermaid/Mermaid princess as their leader, I make Typhon the leader. I honestly prefer beast inferno over beast dance.

A second UM team I have good results with listed below from left to right:
    Apocalypse (skill level 10)
    Baron, Typhon, or Cinderella (skill levels 3,3, and 7)
    Pharaoh (skill level 10)
    Stygia (skill level 6
    Ally slot (preferably a share the wealth skill)

I also use my main team I listed in the beginning of this post and always win. What are your thoughts about this? Would you use any of these teams? If so, which one? Would you swap out anyone? If so, who?
    Last edited by M.O.B=ME; 11-26-2014 at 05:51 AM.
    Game ID is 1563-2764-5875

My team is actually quite similar to your UM team, and ever since I made a couple of changes to it, it works very well, despite me being quite the new user (it's been about 4 weeks since I've started).

Cyclotaur / Golden Raptor / Friend / Tezcatlipoca / Prognosticator

Is what I currently have. I obviously want to evolve my monsters (rip hopes and dreams), but oh well. This used to be a problem, but now I have a looot of friends with either Druk/Radiant Dragon, Celestial Lion/Baron, or Prophet/Apocalypse so I use them on a consistent basis, and if there's a Baron, I'll swap Cyclotaur out for my Secret Door.

Start off by setting up the skill cubes, then light up Golden Raptor and go ham with the coins. Timing it with the pusher (for when it just starts pushing out, leaving room on top of it) I can get maybe around 160 or so coins on the stage before the team starts hitting (tip: set the phone on a table or your leg or something, use both hands' index and middle fingers, two at a time at as ridiculous a pace as possible, I think mine's close to 1080 bpm). Start off the combo skills and Piston Pusher, activate Possess to just keep going, and the UM boss is dead just like that.

Update Edit:

Current Team is now
    Typhon / Golden Raptor / Tezcatlipoca / Friend / Precious
    for higher damage and another Light Link.
    If there is an ally Baron/Celestial Lion, swap out Typhon for Pharaoh for maximum damage.
    Last edited by Mystletaynn; 01-13-2015 at 01:20 PM.

My current team for this event is Lavender Dragon / Stygia / Ally / Baron / Hydra. Lavender Dragon just because it's my hardest hitting green monster, and the rest is enacting "El Combo". The main virtue of using Double Coin Wall as my coin generator vs. something I don't have like Sleeping Powder is that I generally collect all or nearly all of the Hero Coins from each UM, which adds up over the course of the weekend. For Joker I tried a few permutations, but the best was Longinus / A Bao A Qu / Ally / Baron / Tezcatlipoca; honestly that team would also be able to demolish Alwida, or any UM boss, up to a very high level; it's not really necessary for me to fiddle around with, but it passes the time.