Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Name Changes - no longer available. (Edited title)

Clumsyorchid - In b4 lock Julian's Avatar

Default Name Changes - no longer available. (Edited title)

Hello Everyone,

Today we roll out a long requested feature: name changes for users across the forums! We have a few restrictions in place to keep name changes from being regular activities, we still want people to pick names they plan to stick with and grow within our community.

Name changes are open to anyone who has been a registered member for at least 2 years. Once a name has been changed, it cannot be changed again for another two years.

How it works
    To change your name, you'll need head to to the 'contact us' link at the bottom of every page and include:

1. Your current user name:
    2. A link to your profile:
    3. The name you would like change to:
    4. The email address associated with your account:

If a name is not available, we'll reply over email to work out an alternative. Please be sure the email you enter to the form is accurate!

Names will be changed manually and performed the week of the request. This is something I'll do manually, so it could be longer if we're at shows like PAX, E3, Comic-con, etc. It's a flexible process and I've blocked out time to be sure we can do it during each week.

We welcome questions or comments, let us know if anything is unclear. Thanks!
    Last edited by cochrane; 08-08-2016 at 11:06 PM.

http://blogs.sega.com/usa/

@SEGA does what @Nintendon't

Banned

Banned

Oh great, I have only been here for one year. Looks like I have to deal with another year with Goldtex.
    Last edited by Goldtex; 10-20-2014 at 07:33 PM.

I think the rules can be a little less strict, let anyone with at least 6 months membership have the ability to change their name. The people more likely to want a name change are those that didn't have it for two years. Also, make it two changes per two years rather than just one. This can be considered a backup plan in case the name change doesn't work out and they wish to go back to their previous name.

Queen of the SEGA Forum
    YouTube|Tumblr|WebM Script

Banned

I really have been waiting for this and I don't want to be stuck with this name since I never really cared about Knuckles and my interest in Sanic has mostly diminished. But I already know people would probably dislike it if I changed my name and I can't think of something to stick with that I'd like. Maybe I'll just request a change based on my current internet alias.

Wow. That is a really nice thing for you to do, Clumsy. I think the limits you set in place are fair, especially since you are changing the names manually yourself.

The limit seems a bit unfair imo. You should let a couple of changers per year and let newer users change their name (They could be inactive due to them hating their name for example).

Thank you very much, Clumsyorchid ^^

It makes me so happy to just edit the HTML and look at my to-be username xD

Personally, I think that the limits are fair for serious username changes.

Recent fav house: Zzyzx (Sergey Shemet Remix) Recent fav trance: Beside You (Startail Remix)
    Can the eel come out to play?

Clumsyorchid - In b4 lock Julian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cyron Tanryoku View Post
    I think the rules can be a little less strict, let anyone with at least 6 months membership have the ability to change their name. The people more likely to want a name change are those that didn't have it for two years. Also, make it two changes per two years rather than just one. This can be considered a backup plan in case the name change doesn't work out and they wish to go back to their previous name.
    We want people to pick names that they'll stick with. We want a user's name to be an identifier for who they are, what they post, and make it easy for others to interact with them forum wide. We want people to recognize each other, to build deep relationships, and to do that, we need names to be semi-permanent.

This new change provides an opportunity for people who have been here for a while and maybe outgrown their original name to have an option to change. We do not want name changes to be as easy as updating an Avatar, or a signature, or font color. All of these are personal identifiers, but the name should stay as constant as reasonably possible.

http://blogs.sega.com/usa/

@SEGA does what @Nintendon't

Around the corner, and I've got a pie to throw at your face when you come around!

Hey Clumsy, did you get the message I sent through the "Contact Us" page where I made a name change request?
    This forum is Sega's Complaint Department: Whine at your own risk.
    http://supersonication.deviantart.co...venture-Lyrics

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast