Page 2 of 514 FirstFirst 1234561252102502 ... LastLast

Thread: "Sonic Boom" Episode Discussion Thread

Eggman has such m4d ski11z on that board, finally an interpretation of him that doesn't rely solely on mechs.

The show was good. I'm pleased.

Eggman was hilarious and is portrayed perfectly.
    Sonic's character is perfect. He comes off as a little stern/harsh truly but cares for Tails. I want to see how Sonic interacts with other characters other than Tails. Like Sonic and Knuckles, Sonic and Amy, Sticks, etc.
    I liked Sonic and Tails chemistry and Tails actually did something. He helped Sonic when he needed it. He didn't act like a pansy and manned up. Good job, Tails.
    Amy was funny and I enjoyed how she was portrayed as a peacemaker.
    Knuckles was not too dumb in this episode. I'll like to see an episode focused on Knuckles soon.

So far I only question why Sonic and Tails were not freezing after going in ice cold water. Also the show did feel a bit rushed due to the time constraint. (11 mins)
    Last edited by PandaChao~; 11-08-2014 at 05:59 AM.
    http://forums.sega.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=163480&dateline=14877  30777
    STOP SPREADING FAKE REVIEWS ON SONIC!

Senior Member Crystal Chaotix 3's Avatar

I'm still stuck on that scene where Sonic just hugged Tails like that.

I'm honestly not sure if I've ever seen that before.

Favorite Characters: 1st Place: Eggman, 2nd Place: Charmy, 3rd Place: Vector, 4th Place: Omega, 5th Place: Tails, 6th Place: Sonic, 7th Place: Rouge

Would be nice if RoL, SC and the tv show were really connected and Amy had some character development through this time, learning to be more peaceful and understanding towards her partners, because her behaviour in the comics is as of a . I like her much more in the tv show than in the comics.

Quote Originally Posted by MDNSonic View Post
    Waiting for the intro to be uploaded on YouTube...
    It's a short one, but without spoiling it, something unexpected happens.
    JP owner since 2004, Natural Born Sonic Fan.
    www.youtube.com/user/sonicsuperstarprince/ & www.supericee.deviantart.com

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal Chaotix 3 View Post
    I'm still stuck on that scene where Sonic just hugged Tails like that.

I'm honestly not sure if I've ever seen that before.
    In anything official? Certainly not since Sonic SatAM. Or, well, the Archie comics I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by shdowhunt60 View Post
    In anything official? Certainly not since Sonic SatAM. Or, well, the Archie comics I guess.
    Nope. Drawing a blank.

Another side-note, I loved the way Sonic's voice sounded specifically in the show here. I don't know what the voice directors for the games are doing but they need to direct the voice actors to act like this more often.

Favorite Characters: 1st Place: Eggman, 2nd Place: Charmy, 3rd Place: Vector, 4th Place: Omega, 5th Place: Tails, 6th Place: Sonic, 7th Place: Rouge

Southwest Ohio (school year), Chicago (breaks)

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal Chaotix 3 View Post
    Nope. Drawing a blank.

Another side-note, I loved the way Sonic's voice sounded specifically in the show here. I don't know what the voice directors for the games are doing but they need to direct the voice actors to act like this more often.
    It's less rollicking in tone and explicitly RCS-behind-a-mic than RCS' usual work with him. The impression is added to by the fact that Sonic's dialogue here generally isn't quite as cocky as in the RCS-era games - there's some of it, but not quite at the "we beat you every time" level.

Quote Originally Posted by Plastic Raven View Post
    It's less rollicking in tone and explicitly RCS-behind-a-mic than RCS' usual work with him. The impression is added to by the fact that Sonic's dialogue here generally isn't quite as cocky as in the RCS-era games - there's some of it, but not quite at the "we beat you every time" level.
    Well whatever it is, the acting combined with how his character is in this one episode already has me liking him more then Game Sonic at the moment.

Thing that bothers me though, is that Tails never reciprocates those feelings. He just does everything, "because it's his job as a sidekick".

Page 2 of 514 FirstFirst 1234561252102502 ... LastLast