Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question in regards to fusing and leveling skills up.

Default Question in regards to fusing and leveling skills up.

The wiki is pretty plain and lacks in detailed information is why I ask here, and being new, my gold reserves/space to horde & experimenting are limited at the moment.

So if I have a monster I wish to gain rank ups in a skill, the wiki implies I fuse them with monsters of similar skills to succeed in my task.

First off, do you need more then 1 monster to get a 100% skill up? Or does each one add a % of success?

Also, if say I leveled up a monster's skill to 5-of-10 , and then acquire a SR+ with the same skill - can I fuse my 5-of-10 into the SR+ to get him up to a higher skill level?

To further my curiosity, let's say I have a monster of 6/10 in a skill, and then evolve it, does it default to 1 if it gains a new skill, or will it have a slight boost in skill level from its previous form? +Does it take into account any stats(skill levels) of the monsters being used in the evolving process?

1. Well you are suppose to have the same chance whether you have 1 or you have 5 monsters for fusing. Each monster that gets fused into your monster has its own chance to get a skill level up to the fusee. That is why some people can get their monsters to go up 2 to 5 levels at a time. The only factor here is luck. You need a lot of it when going for skill levels.

2. The only thing that happens when you fuse that SR into your SR+ is that it may go up 1 skill level.

3. When you evolve a monster that has a higher skill level it stays with it. Unless its jumping rarities. A R+ dragon with a skill level 10 will have a skill level of 1 when it evolves to an SR. A R dragon with a skill level of 10 will have a skill level of 10 when it evolves to a R+.

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    1. Well you are suppose to have the same chance whether you have 1 or you have 5 monsters for fusing. Each monster that gets fused into your monster has its own chance to get a skill level up to the fusee. That is why some people can get their monsters to go up 2 to 5 levels at a time. The only factor here is luck. You need a lot of it when going for skill levels.
    Seems like many people assume this but checking out the version history of 1.2.18, it says "improved chance of leveling up a skill when you fuse multiple same skill monsters or skill souls."
    DC ID: 2288-3774-3593. Always have 1-2 spots open for active, high level players with useful leaders.
    Leaders: Meteor, Mermaid Princess, Yamato, Ziz, Black Hole, Hippolyta, Typhon, Anubis, Apocalyse

I have mentioned that before but I was told it wasn't true.

Told by who?
    DC ID: 2288-3774-3593. Always have 1-2 spots open for active, high level players with useful leaders.
    Leaders: Meteor, Mermaid Princess, Yamato, Ziz, Black Hole, Hippolyta, Typhon, Anubis, Apocalyse

Quote Originally Posted by UltraX View Post
    Told by who?
    I will have to sit down and actually find it.

I also think we should make it clear, when you say "similar" skill, a monster will only have a chance to raise its skill level if you use as fusion material one or more monsters with the exact same skill. You can't use, say, a monster or skill soul with Team Massive Concentration to try to improve a Nether Jackal's Team Ultimate Concentration, or Left Coin Wall to increase Double Coin Wall. Has to be an exact match. Also, only the skill of the base monster matters when you are performing an evolution; when I won a level 60 skill 5 Nether Jackal, I already had a level 27 skill 7 Nether Jackal; if I had evolved using the level 60 monster, my Anubis would've been roughly level 58, but with skill 5; instead I evolved using the skill 7 and ended up with a level 21 (I think) Anubis with skill 7. For me at that time it was less of a cost to have to add that much experience to my Anubis than to make up for the missing skill levels.

I find that going from 1-3 or so is usually pretty easy, and after that it's very time consuming and random to get higher skill levels. Experience level of the material monster doesn't matter, and the skill level of the material only matters in terms of giving you a better chance to increase by 1 skill level. Those who've committed to raising monsters from skill 1-10 often report using roughly 100-150 skill souls (of skill level 5 or 10) as materials to do so.

Raising skill levels can be very unpredictable and often frustrating in this game. Good luck in raising the skills of your monsters!
    Dragon Coins game ID: 9593-2044-6597

Interesting, from the results i got when leveling skills i assumed leveling more than 1 level at once was impossible. Glad to know it isn't.

I've personally gone 1-4 in a single fusion using 5 skill souls, and I think it was Wahamut that recently had the most amazing luck of going 7-10 all at once on one of his monsters. Might be thinking of Magog.
    Dragon Coins game ID: 9593-2044-6597

Perhaps each individual soul gets an increase in the level up chance if you fuse many at once.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast