Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Successor to Castlevania up on Kickstarter.

Oh, I can totally get behind this .

Quote Originally Posted by BlazeFromRush View Post
    No fun allowed on Sega Forums, it seems.
    Nope. Never.
    [Fight me or something:]
    XBL: SveedishFeesh PSN: SveedishFish NNID: SveedishFish Steam: SveedishFish Skype: SveedishFish

I'm apprehensive of kickstarter successors after the whole Mighty No. 9 debacle. (Terrible Community Manager behavior, game looking way worse than what was promised. Etc)

I'll have to see it to believe it. Not just a concept.

http://www.techinsider.io/steam-trad...acking-2015-12
    PE CEE MASTERRACE!
    Most ignored User on Sega Forums
    The cold slap of reality

IGA is trustworthy

Inafune is a scammer who is terrible at making video games and managed to scam megaman fans (who are not very bright people) into thinking he's a "Hero" who left capcom or something stupid megaman fans like to believe lol

Mighty No. 9 looked fine last time I saw it, like a Mega Man game with a few twists.

But this isn't really about that, it's about not Castlevania.

Hmmm...Has new stretch goals for speed run mode and boss rush. I'm looking forward to the game overall, but don't find myself too excited for the thought of those additions.
    One final day -- let's make it count!

8-bit level added to the stretch goals.

Not sure how I feel about that, is it just going to be the environment, or will everything (enemies, characters, weapons) be converted to 8-bit temporarily?

It's getting pretty far down there, wonder how far it will need to go before they consider Wii-u?

Most of the stretch goals been pretty bad or uninteresting, at least to me.
    Signatures sucks, especially signature images. Which is why I have them off, so I never see the blasted things.

Classic mode added to stretch goals.

Not sure what that means, Classic implies an older method, but considering that this is technically a new franchise, they have nothing to revert back to.

Right now my best guess is that it would be a general Classic mode, like limited story elements (otherwise known as arcade mode). But who knows? It would be weird if they converted it into a non-exploration type mode that just goes through the levels with no possibility of backtracking.

Edit: Now that I look at the updates, it was the second thing I proposed, making it like a traditional sidescroller with high difficulty. Sounds pretty cool to me.
    Last edited by CommanderMcBragg; 05-15-2015 at 05:30 PM.

After passing the 2.5 million goal, some extra tracks possible, and more importantly we get a look into the "basement" of the stretch goals. Of those we can see, one is the largest castle IGA has ever created, and the other seems to be a Wii-U goal, sitting at 2.75 mil and 3 mil respectively.

Oh and you can get a wallpaper for desktop and mobile now.
    McBragg'd, noun: A state in which a user argued incessantly over an idea in an unpleasable manner, often resulting in contempt and/or drama.
    The super villain, Dr. Eggman, discovers a powerful Ragnium element in Ragna Rock island which can fuel his robots and make them faster than Sonic.

Quote Originally Posted by Elsa_La_Conti View Post
    I'm apprehensive of kickstarter successors after the whole Mighty No. 9 debacle. (Terrible Community Manager behavior, game looking way worse than what was promised. Etc)

I'll have to see it to believe it. Not just a concept.
    That's not really the norm. Both Pillars of Eternity and Wasteland 2 have both turned out fantastic, and we're getting Torment: Tides of Numenera later this year. Mighty No. 9 is more of an exception.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast