Thread: Fightin Climax at Anime Expo 2015

Producer of Ninja Arts, Herder of Cats NullPointer's Avatar

Default Fightin Climax at Anime Expo 2015

Hello everyone,

I want to make sure everyone is aware that Anime Expo is hosting a Dengeki Bunko: Fighting Climax tournament this year. You can find more information about it on their e-gaming page below:

http://www.anime-expo.org/e-gaming/

It's currently scheduled for Saturday, July 4th.

Whether we will have the English version or the Japanese version available is still TBD. At the moment, I am planning on being there, so if you see me, say hi!
    Sam Mullen, Localization Producer (aka NullPointer)

Quick question, will the characters speak english in this version? Because I found a video where one of the characters spoke perfect english, and I already imported the game before the game was announced here.

Producer of Ninja Arts, Herder of Cats NullPointer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlueAdeptRogue View Post
    Quick question, will the characters speak english in this version? Because I found a video where one of the characters spoke perfect english, and I already imported the game before the game was announced here.
    The international version features English text and subtitles for most of the game voices (some exceptions for in-battle voices). All voice dialog is in the original Japanese.
    Sam Mullen, Localization Producer (aka NullPointer)

So subs no dubs? Eh I'm fine with that.
    Now Playing: A random game on a console or PC
    PSN ID: NeoSkyte
    Nintendo Network ID: NeoSkyte
    3DS FC: 3995-6511-8618 ID: NeoSkyte

Why can't you dub the voices in the game instead if it being text only? I want to hear the voice actors from various media reprise their roles in the game.

This is an English speaking country, and I think you should have both the option of English and Japanese audio. I think these days in video games and anime, many English voice actors are being put out of business. I want this game to not just appeal to otakus, but al fans of fighting games including Mortal Combat. So can you Please take my request, and if not now, can you add them in later as a DLC?

Anime is dubbed all around the world, you can't have all dubs, so if you have just one, better be the original one, since it's the one most people, in many different countries, will recognize the most.
    NISA does what sega don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceshotx7@yahoo.com View Post
    Why can't you dub the voices in the game instead if it being text only? I want to hear the voice actors from various media reprise their roles in the game.

This is an English speaking country, and I think you should have both the option of English and Japanese audio. I think these days in video games and anime, many English voice actors are being put out of business. I want this game to not just appeal to otakus, but al fans of fighting games including Mortal Combat. So can you Please take my request, and if not now, can you add them in later as a DLC?
    Because being such a niche product the cost of dubbing in English may not be worth the cost. Plus some franchises in the game, as far as I know, have yet to be dubbed into English anyway.

Oh, and do you think you should be giving your email address as your username?

Majority of the people who wanted the game don't care enough for the English dub to begin with and honestly, I'm glad they decided not to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by NullPointer View Post
    The international version features English text and subtitles for most of the game voices (some exceptions for in-battle voices). All voice dialog is in the original Japanese.
    I wish all 2D fighters had that, luckily, back then, someone would make a "character quotes faq" in gamefaqs and allow people to enjoy lol

BUT THIS IS MUCH BETTER

NISA does what sega don't.

^Yep, that's really better, text box on top of character, lol. X3