Thread: Offline dragon coins idea

Default Offline dragon coins idea

Warning! Long post ahead!

DISCLAIMER!: i am not part of SEGA staff, I am mearly a fan of dragon coins who wishes to put forward his ideas on how this game could be reworked and continue without a server or with minimal usage of a server,

With that out of the way, let me begin, so dragon coins is closeing it's server, and I was thinking why not make it run without one? I thought this was impossible shortly after as the game would need to change, a lot, but Then I thought long and hard about how a server-less version could work, and will dicuss the mechanics one by one:

---------
    Missions:

Story missions would have to be internally logged on an encrypted file in the games files rather than to a server. They could still fuction exactly the same though (sadly I have no coding skills so I can't show you what I mean)

Story expantion missions, dragon's road missions, urgent missions: these would need a re-work, the way I see them is this: the game would read what day it is on your device and then return data that day, for example, the game detects it is monday on your device, it then returns the data, in the special missions:

Monday dragon's road

Monday urgent mission: Ahriman

Monday story expansion: wildfire bogs

Now, dragons road can stay as it is, it would just need to be encoded into a file in the game itself, rather than on a server,

Now, urgent missions, let me go into more detail on how each they could work, courage would probably need to be removed, instead, each mission could only be attempted once per hour with the game internally logging the time on your device when you attempt the mission, to compensate for that, a difficulty slider could be added as well as the difficulty naturally going up as you attempt the mission each day higher difficulty = more hero coins,

Now the hero coins, they maybe still could be deleted when the devices's clock reaches midnight (to deter cheating via date manipulation) , but their fuction could also be expanded a little, in addition to being able to draw from hero chests (which rotate each day with the mission, so Monday, you would be able to get fusion material for Ahriman, again the game would check what day the device is set to and then return the appropriate list) the price per draw, I am not sure, it could stay the same as the extra things you can spend hero coins on will compensate for higher rewards,

There could be a hero shop that sells tickets for each urgent mission, when you buy and redeem a ticket, it changes the mission and chest for 24 hours, foe example, let's say it's Tuesday, but you want more Arhiman monsters, you buy an Ahriman ticket for X hero coins and redeem it, this causes the UM and hero chest to be replaced with Ahriman's mission and chest for the rest of the day, another possibility is, for a high price, buying specific R monsters for evolving into the SR and SR+ Monster

Sadly, the arena would have to go but maybe it could be replaced by an event that takes place Saturday and Sunday (exactly what, I do not yet know, possibly and endless mission where you must get as far as possible earning more silver, gold and maybe rainbow coins and monsters along the way)

Chests:

The friend chest, as there are no more friend coins (no server means the friend system would have to go unfortunately), would need to be replaced with... Say a silver chest that uses the silver coins you collect in missions (read the rest and why I have put this will become apparent) , the price would be somewhere between 500 and 1,000 silver coins, it would contain just about every common and Uncommon monster, plus Rare and Super rare monsters that rotate daily (again, using the devices's date and time settings)

The hero chest, as I stated before, would rotate daily in accordance to the daily mission,

The battle coin chest would sadly, cease to be, replacing it could be the gold chest, this chest would have no C or C+ monsters avalible but have U monsters, it also would have more Rares and Super rares in (but still have a low drop rate,) again, it would cost between 500 and 1,000 gold coins to draw from,

The rainbow and featured chest are fine as they are, they would just have to rotate daily/weekly/ monthly via files containg encrypted code for reading the date and time settings on your device, rainbow coins prices may change depending in how the rainbow coins would work, speaking of those...

Rainbow coins:

Now, if the DEV team still wants in app purchases (and I am sure they do want these present) they will need possibly a small, possibly low maintinece server for this, however, if the game has to be strictly all offline, then what I propose for rainbow coins is they would drop rarely from monsters, maybe each monster only drops one rainbow coin. They then must be pushed into your prize area like every other coin to collect them,

For the shop items, featured chest and rainbow chest, if the DEV's don't mind a small server for In app purchases, then the prices would stay the same,

However if there were no IAPs because there was no server available for them, then RC prices may need to change based on the rate they are earned. Finally, of in app purchases are removed, then the app itself will cost money to download and play
    ---------

So these are my ideas so far, I'm not perfect so there are obvious flaws that I would like to bring to your attention:

1. This would most likely require a seperate app to be made from the ground up and we would lose all our current progress,

Yes, this is a massive flaw, plus if there is no server for IAPS available then the new app will have to cost money, (though I would gladly pay money for a well made offline version of dragon coins) however we would also have to start from scratch as all the old data would be lost from the old server, (while I would not mind having to start over, I can see why some people would be upset,)

2. Cheaters: because a lot of events are based on your date and time settings, it will be very easy for someone to cheat the system by altering the date and time on their device, only solutions I can come up with are:

A.Putting a price tag on the app itself, this will deter cheating as people will not get the proper value for money if they cheated,

B. Have the app lock the player out or delete their save data if they access the app earlier than when they last accessed it,

Let me clarify this, say someone plays on the 8th of September and runs out of stamina, they set the date forward to the 9th, open the app to regain their stamina then put the date back on the 8th, what I propose is the first time they do this, they get a warning about cheating, but any time after this, the app locks them out with a 'please wait until *time and date* screen' this could be done by having the app itself memorise what time the player closed the app, then running a check if the app has been opened before or after that time, if it was opened before the time it was last closed, a script would run to eather warn the user about cheating or lock them out the app until the time they last acess the app has been reached

---------

And that's all I have folks, please let me know what you think eaither on this thread or via PM

(Please do not suggest new entirely features like trading though, this is strictly reworking features already present in the game in an offline format, however constructive criticisms and suggestions on what I should change are appreciated

and try to take this seriously as who knows, it might happen with enough support, but if people troll here, it is even less likely to happen)
    Last edited by Hyperfairy777; 07-21-2015 at 12:17 PM.
    current avatar: the devouer of space and time (grand void recolour)
    larger vversion
    urm, I'll just put my dragon coins game ID here: 8380 4477 8558

Reserved so I can keep track of suggestions, alterations and other tweaks
    larger vversion

i'll post here if i make any progress. So far so good

Quote Originally Posted by dugo View Post
    i'll post here if i make any progress. So far so good

I just hope hope other fourmers will support us
    larger vversion

About half way through reading your post

I like it so far

Quote Originally Posted by SaltySonic View Post
    About half way through reading your post

I like it so far
    thanks i appreciate your support
    larger vversion

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperfairy777 View Post
    thanks i appreciate your support
    You got it man!

I like the idea you put out about "having to pay for the app as this will deter cheaters" and you also have my support for this evolving idea as I can not stand a cheater.

I like the idea. Please do this! Also I agree with segasfan. I'd rather pay than playing with cheaters...