Thread: Could Ignition characters be added to the base game?

Default Could Ignition characters be added to the base game?

One of the things I hate the most about western delays, is that when you are about to finally get the game (or nintendo handheld), Japan announces a new version, with more and better content. And that's what Ignition seems to be, an updated version of the arcade with extra characters, and I wish that, for once, they added the new content as an update or DLC, instead of a new retail release (a practise that has made me, many times, avoid some fighting titles).

NISA does what sega don't.

Unfortunately, no, their not going to be able to add the 2 characters into the vanilla version of DBFC. It sucks but it is what it is. This is just how French-Bread (the developers) work. Look at Under Night In-Birth EXE: Late[st] and you'll see what I mean.

In all honesty, SEGA does make some of the WORST decisions when it comes to releasing games in the NA/EU regions. How in the world are you going to release this game 2 months after DBFC: Ignition hits the arcades!? When this comes out, the only people who will mostly be caring about it are the fans of the light novels & anime. Those who got it for the fighting will already be looking at Ignition. I will never understand this but SEGA is not alone in doing this kind of stuff.

Oh and by the way, there is another character coming. This time, someone is being promoted from support character to a part of the playable cast.
    Last edited by MikuruX; 08-18-2015 at 03:53 AM.

Yeah this is a problem with most fighting games, I'm not competitive enough to want the most updated version of the game if they are selling it at full or even half price, but I also want the version with most content, and many times I just wait before buying certain games (Street Fighter, MVC, GG, BB...).

At least SNK made them look like different games every year in the 90s... even if each GG/BB has its story the game is almost the same + balance and some extra character/stage. Steam has 2 BB games while Japanese arcades already have the 4th one announced, I'll just wait xd (if they had released Chronophantasma Extend before announcing Central Fiction I would have provably bought it, now I don't care at all).

But things are changing, Killer Instinct (started poorly but now it's ok) and Street Fighter 5, only one retail version + online updates, are the way to go. In fact Sega updated Virtua Fighter 5 arcades online too.

I have a feeling this is going to be a PS4 port. Enough excuses (improved here and there, rebalancing, new characters, new home version modes).

Here is something interesting you may find regarding Ignition,
    Link

Well, it's interesting to know they have translated pre-fight dialogues, adding subtitles where the Japanese version didn't have them, I can certainly appreciate that.

Regarding ignition it's exactly as they commented, often Japanese announces don't give a **** if it will impact negatively western releases, but this could be solved by... localizing faster :P I remember when certain Dreamcast games came multilanguage in their Japanese version... because localization was carried during production... not as if it was made by a complete different company...

Just a heads up, next character & support character has been announced.

- Shiba Tatsuya has been added into the roster as a playable character
    - Shiba Miyuki has been added into the roster as a support character

That's right people. These two can now either be played as main or support but you can't pick two of the same character. If you pick Tatsuya, you can't pick him as support.....the same goes for Miyuki.

http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/110/1110477/

Onii-sama!