Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Limited Launch Edition Availability Question

Default Limited Launch Edition Availability Question

Will the "Limited Launch Edition" be available from all of the retailers and e-tailers currently taking pre-orders, or is availability of this edition limited to only select stores?
    WELCOME TO THE NEXT LEVEL --- SEGA
    PSO Archive -- http://www.segaforums.com/hosted/psoarchive/

PS0 Friend Code: 1935 0767 4544

<crickets>

Five days later... Apparently my question was a tad bit mind numbing. Seriously, does anyone know the answer I seek?

Seriously!? Two weeks later, and still no response?

The reason I'm asking is that GameStop is promoting on their website that if purchased from them you receive a "GameStop Exclusive". Problem is, they don't disclose what and I have now asked at two different GameStop stores about this and not even management knows the details as to what said "Exclusive" is. It does rather seem to imply that the Launch Edition with the soundtrack might be exclusive to them, though that seems to still be a mystery since there is no information about the launch edition even existing on the officail website, nor the Sega website, nor on this the official message board.

If you don't get a response it's because no one knows. You expect a response from sega? sorry, but no currently representatives fly by those forums since they fired most community managers when they moved from San Francisco to south Cali. Try asking on twitter, maybe.
    NISA does what sega don't.

No Twitter account here, waste of time, don;t mess with MySpace and Facebook either, just pointless sites for people to lazy to operate their own websites. Perhaps there will be some information provided closer to release date.

But yeah, I noticed my old go to people who worked as forum moderators are no longer around, but yet Cochran is still about, go figure. And your signature is so true. Heck, even Marvelous (aka XSeed) does what Sega don't anymore, NISA just does a better job on the marketing, packaging, and limited edition bonuses. Although I can't complain as Marvelous is exceptionally easy to communicate with directly on their forums, truly both of said companies have studied the market and are in tune with what we the consumers want.

Dare say that's one of the attractions of Dengeki Bunko, a "Launch Edition". I simply can't remember the last time Sega ever has done something like this before.... Oh right, Phantasy Star Universe (PC, PS2, X360), pre-order bonus was a soundtrack selection CD. Really though, I do hope this alleged launch edition is a sign of things to come from their new found involvement with Atlus. Hopefully Atlus will pull Sega back up and not Sega drag Atlus down, that would make me rather sad if things were to play out that way.

Cochrane is not a sega employee, he is a volunteer as many other forum moderators, so don't expect him to be able to answer those kind of questions. Sam Mullen is active regarding this game on twitter, and he is the localization producer, goes to fairs, gives interviews etc, I'll bet that's your only chance.
    NISA does what sega don't.

Your best bet is to check with your retailer. I see Gamestop and Amazon are both selling the limited edition, at least. What I find rather obnoxious is that Sega is actively marketing the CD as a "North-American exclusive". While that's accurate because of the simple fact that the EU isn't getting a retail release, I don't think it's necessary to use that in your marketing material. If anything, it only highlights how poorly Sega handles their EU releases, and I don't think that's something Sega should be proud about.

The soundtrack isn't much of an incentive to even call this a "limited edition". When they decide to do something like the Limited Edition or ebiten Limited Edition of Nitro+ Blasterz ~Infinite Heroine Duel~, call me.

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/det...e=GAME-0014652

Up your game, SEGA of America. At least SEGA of Japan is doing it right with Blade Arcus and its "Tony's Premium Fan Box Edition":

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/det...e=GAME-0014782

I know that it's available from Amazon and Gamestop. Sorry can't be of much help.

Amazingly, Sega no longer has any information concerning this game on the main website... Seriously, only four weeks away from the street date and can no longer find it even mentioned outside of the forum, c-r-a-z-y.

Doing my own investigation into this a little further, Amazon is specifying that they will have the "Standard Edition", while Best Buy is specifying they are offering the "Launch Edition". GameStop is also offering the Launch Edition, but also lists that they have a "GameStop Exclusive" which I can only guess is the terrible customer service which seems uniquely uniform at all of their locations everywhere. So will definitely be pre-ordering my copy from Best Buy and avoiding receiving a non-new, opened and gutted, copy of the game.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast