Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: PSO2 coming to PS4 in 2016

The game still faces the same problem: profitability.

Localization is still a huge barrier for Sega, and no, SEA translation is not 100% proper for an English native audience, release content had some quality (provably the translation meant for west), everything after that was barely acceptable by... an asian country that understands English, not to mention SEA still has less than half the content of Japanese server, story related, localization is still an issue. Ad to that the profitability of the server, if the f2p model will work or not, all those doubts are still there.

Then of course I do believe this port increases the slim chances of the game being finally released west, only for the fact that the console base is huge, and its catalogue is kind of lacking right now (also that PSU PC western server flopped in less than a month, traditionally this game has been a console game in the west)
    NISA does what sega don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Meta77 View Post
    Why is it a slim chance. Like the fanbase at sonicstadium are saying and I agree bringing a gamer to console is a show of signs of localization. Plus the ps4 user base is much greater here
    Refer to Suketodora's post, basically what I was going to say. Also use the xbox360 PSU as a model (i mean its pretty much bound to happen again, if it happens) with content being behind or ever catching up in some way (even a month behind in content).
    "The game is still delayed. SEGA is currently working on bringing PSO2 to the West and will update as soon as we know more." -Sega.

Japanese team treating PSU360 as a second rated version didn't impact the game's popularity on the console, much. I know for a fact that most players only knew about the game, in the game, they didn't play the game on the forums but on the console, so they were barely affected if an update took an extra month at first, or never came at the end, in fact I used to send messages about updates to a huge list of contacts that "subscribed" to a specific gamertag created just for that purpose.

The situation is different now, the extra coding will only be needed to insert new translations to the already released content in the Japanese version, but translations also take time, and I doubt the Japanese team would care to delay the Japanese release of a mission just to release it globally at the same time. Also, at the time, the more important delays where client updates, in which microsoft was also at fault, not only they charged the developer, it also took weeks to validate, and we also saw how in some cases sega screwed in coding it and had to rework it an revalidate it again.
    Last edited by suketodara; 08-17-2015 at 12:04 AM.
    NISA does what sega don't.

Quote Originally Posted by suketodara View Post
    Japanese team treating PSU360 as a second rated version didn't impact the game's popularity on the console, much. I know for a fact that most players only knew about the game, in the game, they didn't play the game on the forums but on the console, so they were barely affected if an update took an extra month at first, or never came at the end, in fact I used to send messages about updates to a huge list of contacts that "subscribed" to a specific gamertag created just for that purpose.

The situation is different now, the extra coding will only be needed to insert new translations to the already released content in the Japanese version, but translations also take time, and I doubt the Japanese team would care to delay the Japanese release of a mission just to release it globally at the same time. Also, at the time, the more important delays where client updates, in which microsoft was also at fault, not only they charged the developer, it also took weeks to validate, and we also saw how in some cases sega screwed in coding it and had to rework it an revalidate it again.
    Sorry to knock you off your soap box but you could have taken all the PSU console players added em up and even inflated their numbers with Spider Solitaire Online and it still woulda been half of the PC players. Why? All the advertising from Japan to America was targeted and shown everyone that had at once point had a valid EMail to play any PSO game. Think all about all the Blue Burst players alone that went to PSU on the PC.
    "You ever think Einstein, walked around thinking, people are dumb***t's?"

"I dunno.. Probably. It explains why he made that bomb."

Quote Originally Posted by NodMan View Post
    Sorry to knock you off your soap box but you could have taken all the PSU console players added em up and even inflated their numbers with Spider Solitaire Online and it still woulda been half of the PC players. Why? All the advertising from Japan to America was targeted and shown everyone that had at once point had a valid EMail to play any PSO game. Think all about all the Blue Burst players alone that went to PSU on the PC.
    I want to believe this if the those servers didnt shutdown so fast
    "The game is still delayed. SEGA is currently working on bringing PSO2 to the West and will update as soon as we know more." -Sega.

Because it was way easier and cheaper (Microsoft fronted half the bill under the contract) to host a Console server than a computer one lol. Mostly because of them being less unreliable to da hacks.
    "You ever think Einstein, walked around thinking, people are dumb***t's?"

"I dunno.. Probably. It explains why he made that bomb."

Thanks. Now put it on Xbox One.

the Grand Universal Space Station, Helix Nebula

Can it come out in English? Please come out in English!

Might update.
    PSN: The_120cxx
    deviantART

Why would they put it on xboxone. The thing barely sales 350 units a month in japan.
    Single. Always looking for a sonic fangirl to talk to.
    Been a Sega fan since the start of the 90s !
    SEGA!

Quote Originally Posted by meta77 View Post
    why would they put it on xboxone. The thing barely sales 350 units a month in japan.
    cuz psu waz da beast gaem evar, eet haz 2 hapin oar i dunt cure!!!!!!!!!!!111!!!1!1!!!!11111!!111!!
    Quote Originally Posted by the 120cxx View Post
    Can it come out in English? Please come out in English!
    Refer to my post on the first page

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast