Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DB:FC Ignition heading to PS4, PS3, and PS Vita in Japan on 17/12/2015

Default DB:FC Ignition heading to PS4, PS3, and PS Vita in Japan on 17/12/2015

It was announced this week that Ignition will be published for PS4, PS3, and PS Vita in Japan on the 17th of December 2015.

Fantastic east-west timing.

Nope.

btw, is that stage in the screen-shot from wonderland wars? is it new?
    NISA does what sega don't.

Called it in the other thread.
    I don't think it was that late of a localization, they can pick this up later next year. Please still buy this in English.

Well, there goes any incentive to even bother buying the US version. Way to go SEGA, way to really screw up the localization efforts. Guess I'll just wait for the PS4 version of Ignition to come out since I already have the JP version of vanilla (both PS3 & PSVita).

By that time, I'll have Koihime Enbu,Blade Arcus, & finally get my hands on Nitro+ Blasterz ~Heroine Infinite Duel~. Actually, when Nitro+ Blasterz comes out, I think I'll be playing that more than Ignition. We'll see.....regardless though, SEGA USA really messed it up this time.

So as it stands, SEGA HAS NOW MADE A PAY WALL TO MAKE US GO THROUGH IN ORDER TO GET IGNITION TO THE WEST. So SEGA, if by any chance you make a profit from this, are you gonna make us wait a whole 11 months just to get this version as well? You guys really need to stop shooting yourselves in the foot with this FUBAR localization practice.
    Last edited by MikuruX; 09-07-2015 at 01:04 PM.

You would have bought a third copy of the game if this wasn't announced?
    I mean c'mon, you set yourself up there.

But I can see why you would pass on English copy, you at least supported Sega.

It's really hard to justify releasing this late a game on a region and having the enhanced version, including ps4 port, the next month released in another region. First, unless "story mode" has a totally different script, it will provably be the same game only with some additions in therms of localization, so I hope they don't go "if this sells well we will release ignition", second is the fact the game does not even have a retail release in some places.

They should have anticipated this and release ignition globally in the first place.
    Last edited by suketodara; 09-07-2015 at 01:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuronoa View Post
    You would have bought a third copy of the game if this wasn't announced?
    I mean c'mon, you set yourself up there.

But I can see why you would pass on English copy, you at least supported Sega.
    Not really. Since my schedule is filled as is, I don't have money to throw at SEGA in masses like this:

- Anime Weekend Atlanta (Sept 24 - 27 - $600+)(There goes most of my money)
    - CEOtaku Fighting Tournament (Oct 17 - 18 - $200+)(More of my money gone)
    - Koihime Enbu (Releases Nov 26 - $89)
    - Blade Arcus (Tony Fan Box Edition - $101)(Nov 26)
    - Nitro+ Blasterz ~Infinite Heroine Duel~(Ebiten Limited Edition - $101)(Dec 6)
    - Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax: Ignition (Dec 26)

Yeah, I don't have money to throw for another copy of a game that is now the outdated version.

Quote Originally Posted by suketodara View Post
    It's really hard to justify releasing this late a game on a region and having the enhanced version, including ps4 port, the next month released in another region. First, unless "story mode" has a totally different script, it will provably be the same game only with some additions in therms of localization, so I hope they don't go "if this sells well we will release ignition", second is the fact the game does not even have a retail release in some places.

They should have anticipated this and release ignition globally in the first place.
    Yeah, I can understand if SEGA had French-Bread add a lot more stuff to the game but there isn't much of a chance of that happening. The only thing I can see being changed is that we're getting more dream matches now with Emi, Tatsuya, & Quasar's routes and their arcade mode endings. Outside of that, I don't see anything else different from the vanilla version that makes getting the western release worth getting now.
    Last edited by MikuruX; 09-07-2015 at 01:31 PM.

Organizing the events here,

Japanese version of Original came out November 2014.
    English release announced in January 2015.
    Ignition for Arcade announced back in May 2015.
    We are getting Original October 6 in North America.

It almost sounds like everything from localization and home version of Ignition was announced too soon.
    Last edited by Kuronoa; 09-07-2015 at 05:58 PM.

I'll just import this. I'd much rather have it for PS4.

The only saving grace this has is that it's released on PS4, in fact, it's hard to understand how are they releasing the first one with no PS4 version, not that I'm against it since I don't own a PS4 but own both PS3 and Vita. In any case ignition home version feels like it's announced too soon, the few additions don't seem to justify a new release... other than the PS4 port.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast