Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: is there an english patch for the pc version?

Default is there an english patch for the pc version?

topic.

i am dloading PSO2 for pc right now from the official jp pso2 site. and was wondering if there were any english patches out yet.

English patch has been out since Closed Beta, you will need to google for the patch because posting any links for such things here on the official forum isnt allowed, I dont make the rules and the mods will remove the links or post
    "The game is still delayed. SEGA is currently working on bringing PSO2 to the West and will update as soon as we know more." -Sega.

1. Stop your download
    2. Google what Seigi said
    3. Follow some simple steps and enjoy pso2 in English.
    NISA does what sega don't.

it is simple to one degree, but not easy when signing up for the jp sega id stuff, and having to do the japanese captcha thing, i had a friend helping me get setup cuz the guide had issues that i was following.

i can say that i feel really shafted now by sega not releasing this in english! even though the patch isnt perfect english translations and some is still in japanese, the main stuff is in english, i get the gameplay mechanics of most of it due to playing the PSU and PSO games way back when, though there were a few finer details i had to have help with.

the game is stunning, very amazing graphics, very amazing detailed levels. now if only i could figure out how to reduce lagging when in the ship lobbies, all those avatars really slow down the frame rate. would reducing the frame rate to 30 on the patch launcher help? or is it an avatar thing more than a graphic thing, that needs the reducing of detailed avatars drawn?

i love the music of pso2, feels a ton like pso, ambient and relaxing and easy to fall asleep to. however the mechanics are not the same as the earlier games. i understand a good part from having played pso and psu, but pso2 is its own animal the way they make you complete orders from NPCs to actually help level you up, and having to have them ready to go when you do missions so you can complete 2-3 of them at a time sometimes.

if/when sega ever does release this over here, the game is gonna be 2-3 yrs behind, even though i know they can give us the current content via patches, and the console/vita versions currently released come with the ep3 stuff, i am sure lots of people would have liked to start in when some of the missions started in japan, i know that the jp servers were only a little ahead of the english servers for psu, but some of the pso2 events are already long gone. *sigh*
    Last edited by bolty28; 09-15-2015 at 02:31 PM.

when reading a blurb on PS Nova, it stated that it is set in the same game world as PSO2 is, but the game, being by tri-ace is an offline RPG with adhoc capabilities for the vita. i havent gotten far into pso2, but the storyline of nova mentioned fighting giant monsters with weakspots all over their body. i saw the opening movie of pso2 prior to the title screen, that monster was HUGE in the fmv! my question is do the monsters get that big in both pso2 and ps nova? even though ps nova is set in the pso2 world, you dont need to play pso2 right? it is it's own story line completely separate from the online game? i wasnt too happy with the 2 PSU psp titles in that they were following the psu storyline from the ps2 and pc, and even though they were kinda contained (especially psp2), you still didnt know who people were if you hadnt met them in the previous games. and i really am hoping if sega releases nova here, but not pso2, i wont be completely lost.

In PSO2 you are an ARKS, in PSNova you are an ARKS, different missions, different planets, same "world". Both games have their amount of huge monsters.

You can lower the amount of detailed players in graphic options in-game, that will help your framerate in the lobby.

as a fyi, US/EU PSU fell back behind in about 1yr 1/2 worth of content, maybe 2yrs. We got shafted pretty hard when it came to content when the Admins tried to play damage control and say that new weapons that we didnt have the skin info for were "Unique" while others defended the "Uniqueness" of the weapons. Pretty pathetic time
    "The game is still delayed. SEGA is currently working on bringing PSO2 to the West and will update as soon as we know more." -Sega.

Framerate issues are a sign of "selective client" - result of really bad coding related to game's netcode (framerate issues related to netcode = genius, SEGA). It's really annoying, but you can work around it.

If you just rebooted your system, start the game, do some minor stuff, then quit and start again. That 2nd start drops FPS issues to minimum.

If you can't afford restarting system over and over, you can restart the game over and over. Just watch at amount of screen freeze as you select ship and log in.

does nova play like the online game at all or are the mechanics a little different being a more traditional RPG? knowing how sega puts out the missions and then the harder versions of the missions can be played once you reach a higher level, is this a similar setup in Nova? or does it go a completely different direction? i heard there is adhoc capabilities.

Plays the same, two exclusive weapons, as well as lacking some weapons from pso2, some skills tweaked, run speed was also changed and then changed back in pso2 to make it faster.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast