Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Future of the Series [ideas, expectations, reality]

I love the idea of the Tojo Clan origins. But what would it be in the west? Yakuza Minus?

Yakuza Origins will fit i think.
    But now we even have the subtitle unchanged in the west. RGG Kiwami=Yakuza Kiwami.

oh i'd love some Battles Without Honor & Humanity type of Origins game, hell yeah!

i'd also be okay with an Akiyama & co title, i think

A pre-prequal with Kiryuzs father would be cool. Always wondered what the guy who gave Kiryu such freakish genetics would look like and why Kazama had to kill him.
    Also a sequel with Haruto grown up following Kiryu's footstep would be interesting as well, with Kiryu as a cameo character teaching him how to fight. But that would probably require Haruka and Yuta to be out of the picture.

I would love to see a RGG/Yakuza game where they kept the same characters we loved but their roles were reversed. For instance:

Saejima is the current chairman of the Tojo Clan. A sudden conflict erupts within the clan when a member of the Daigo Family, led by Daigo Dojima, kills a Tojo lieutenant and a police officer in cold blood.

Detective Kazuma Kiryu known in the force as "The Dragon of Justice" is involved directly with the underworld. When his best friend and partner, Nishikiyama and his wife Yumi get killed during a drive-by orchestrated by the Tojo Clan, he steps in for revenge. But when Kiryu's superiorities, Lieutenant Kazama Shintaro and Lieutenant Osamu Kashiwagi, forbid him to clash against the yakuza, he resigns his position and walks the path along the streets of Kamurocho as a civilian. One day, he meets a young woman named Haruka who happens to have some relation to Nishikiyama.

Akira Nishikiyama is Kiryu's childhood friend and partner in the Tokyo Police Force. Lieutenant Kazama Shintaro protected the two when they were children in the midst of a gang war that killed hundreds of civilians including both Nishikiyama and Kiryu's parents. Growing up in an orphanage, the two became good friends and aspired to join the force following Kazama's footsteps. When Nishikiyama receives an urgent call, he will face an ultimate betrayal...

Majima "The Mad Dog of Osaka" is a loan shark with a unique set of tricks underneath his eye patch who uses maniacal brute force for debtors who don't pay. He was once part of the same Tokyo Police Force as Kiryu and the two remained rivals/friends for years until he was accused of corruption for letting illegal immigrants enter Japan for a hefty price. After leaving the force, he became Osaka's most dangerous loan shark. One day, Majima meets a man named Ryuji Goda, a man on the run who needs 10 billion yen.

Date Makoto - a once revered, legendary yakuza turned washed up delinquent, is a man with family issues. His daughter, Saya and his ex-wife left him after his gambling obsession and petty crimes were no longer tolerated. He roams the streets heckling passersby and civilians for money and booze. He often visits a bar, Serena and has become fond of the proprietress. One day, Date has a run-in with Kiryu. With his experience in the yakuza, Date becomes a valuable asset to Kiryu and the two form a bond of friendship.

Akiyama is a senior member of the Tojo Clan known for his mysterious yet intimidating ways of keeping rivalled gangs fearful of the Tojo Clan. Fast, agile and known for his suave persona, he mostly deals with the financial side of the organization. During an inauguration, a member of the Tojo Clan is assassinated and he gets involved with the internal Tojo conflict involving the Daigo Family.

Shinji Tanaka is Kiryu's subordinate officer. He was formerly a street thug shaking down civilians until he had a run-in with Kiryu who inspired him to join the line of justice and work for the good of the city. Unbeknownst to Kazama and Kashiwagi, he secretly helps Kiryu by providing clues to get close to the criminal underworld.

Haruka's role could be similar to Y1/RGG1 where she holds the key to the main plot of the story.

Dunno, but I'd love to see a spin off where they kept all the characters with their roles changed.
    Last edited by Yakuza_Ark92; 01-27-2017 at 03:21 AM.
    Interview with Video Game composer/ Co Creator of Video Games Live Tommy Tallarico, *NEW* Yakuza (Ryu Ga Gotoku) Locations Tour 2016 (Uploaded weekly), Weekly Video Game Music on the Radio & many more on:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/TheElecPlay92

we need NEW GAME not that kind of remasters, please

^now that Kiwami 2 is official i'm okay with this

Quote Originally Posted by MarduKA View Post
    we need NEW GAME not that kind of remasters, please
    I'm totally ok with more Kiwamis to come.
    Yakuza 1,2,3 deserve it.
    As for Yakuza 4 it deserves a remaster with completely rewritten story! XD
    I can't stress it enough...rubber bullets, all bad guys betray each other, Daigo a villain, etc.

About a new game...NEW CAST.
    Sure certain key figures shall reappear. But no more pre- or interquels.
    The new protagonist looks good to me.
    I might be wrong but he appears to be a neat mix between Majima and Kiryu.
    And perhaps he'll be as much of an impact to the Yakuza series as Niko Bellic or Trevor Philips were to GTA.
    No slate white clean handsome generic heroes.

honestly...yeah, i mean i really enjoyed Shinada & Tanimura both, and neither are fan favorites. ive got enough faith in this team to try out a whole new cast & make something fleshed-out & enjoyable!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12