Thread: New Player starting soon, questions

Default New Player starting soon, questions

So I'm going to be a new player soon. I never really thought this game would be released here as SEGA hasn't really been top of their game for a while now. You can kind of taste it in the air, lol.

Here's the thing. I'm coming into this with no knowledge past the first few missions. So I haven't the slightest clue which ship I should join, which class is worth my time, whether or not I should invest any money into this, etc. I am also without any friends remotely interested in playing, so I am going to be hoping to find friends who are actually interested in playing with a soon to be level 1. A level 1 with no weapons, no meseta, and basically no experience.

I know about the fan-made english patch and I'm thinking I'll install that.

So here's some questions:

1. What's the state of the English community? Is it friendly and helpful, or is it comprised mostly of arrogant "I'm better than you" 'tards.
    2. Which ship should I join?
    3. I'm more into action gameplay, so I'm leaning towards a hunter. Race suggestions (for late game scaling)?
    4. Any tips/suggestions/things you wish you knew the first time around?

Naturally this also means I'm looking for some new friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralin View Post
    So I'm going to be a new player soon. I never really thought this game would be released here as SEGA hasn't really been top of their game for a while now. You can kind of taste it in the air, lol.

Here's the thing. I'm coming into this with no knowledge past the first few missions. So I haven't the slightest clue which ship I should join, which class is worth my time, whether or not I should invest any money into this, etc. I am also without any friends remotely interested in playing, so I am going to be hoping to find friends who are actually interested in playing with a soon to be level 1. A level 1 with no weapons, no meseta, and basically no experience.

I know about the fan-made english patch and I'm thinking I'll install that.

So here's some questions:

1. What's the state of the English community? Is it friendly and helpful, or is it comprised mostly of arrogant "I'm better than you" 'tards.
    2. Which ship should I join?
    3. I'm more into action gameplay, so I'm leaning towards a hunter. Race suggestions (for late game scaling)?
    4. Any tips/suggestions/things you wish you knew the first time around?

Naturally this also means I'm looking for some new friends.
    1. It's mostly people who afk and play fashion (aka Block01/20 people), you have people who play the game as well but they dont go to those blocks to do so. You'll find friendly people and you'll find the people who are (like me kinda) trying to get others to improve gear, skill etc give advice to others (if others would take it and not got offended from it). It's I guess in a sense an ok community, could always be better. I say look for a team as well if you need people to play with or help, I recommend a team that plays together and not one that has 100 people but only a very small handful play together and just socializes only.

2. If your looking for people to communicate in your language then Ship 02 is your best choice. Unless your on your way to learning JP or have friends playing on another ship then the others would make a nice choice.

3. Hunter class is used mostly as a sub but some main it. Recommend Fighter/Hunter or Braver/Hunter, Bouncer/Hunter if you want too since HU is still best sub for melee classes. Race doesnt matter since the gains arent massive but either Male Cast or Duman's (M or F your pick)

4. Lots of stuff when I first started heh

i'd rather not type out a paragraph but if your looking for someone to play with, help out with stuff, PM your in game name or Skype if your willing to talk over a mic (way easier than typing everything out). I have a few low characters I wouldnt mind using to help you out, its really easy to level up in this game as well.

Anyways let message me whenever I'm open tomorrow afternoon to help out, thread is going to be moved though since it wasnt in the JP section (just how they have it going here).
    "The game is still delayed. SEGA is currently working on bringing PSO2 to the West and will update as soon as we know more." -Sega.

1. You can find really good people, but the hangout place (B-001 on Ship2) is full of jerks. PSO-World and Reddit people would help you if you have any questions. It's also better to apply for a team.

2. Ship 2 if you have no reason to join any other one.

3. This game is all about action, not just Hunter. Pick any race/gender for your character that you like, and then try every class you want - you can change them freely.

4. Skill trees and mags costing real money is something you should be aware of from the very start. Don't run some "special" builds just because you want to be special - what works and what doesn't has been researched and proved by the community. If you intentionally gimping yourself, you are disrespecting players you play with, and the nature of the game makes you play with a lot of random people.

That said, it's not wrong to go as something Te/Ra, but it's wrong to bring it everywhere. Learn the game mechanics by using basic class combos (Hu/Fi, Bo/Hu, Br/Hu...), then move to advanced ones (Ra/Hu, Fo/Te, Gu/Ra, Te/Br... and Fi/anything). Only once you figure out how skill trees and weapons actually work, you can start experimenting with Te/Ra, Fo/Gu.

Basically, this comes down to one thing: be a good teammate.

P.S.: You don't stay at lv1 forever. Jump into first EQ - you get lv15 in a matter of minutes. PSO2 is very generous with EXP, but don't let it distract you. You have to be able to kill (at least) all Free Field bosses solo on each difficulty to follow the standard form your level. The game is actually easy, but a lot of people are simply lazy.