Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Why there SHOULD be MORE Sonic Characters in the Next One

We need more Sonic characters and more non-Sonic characters.

FUN IS INFINITE.

Sonic Advance trilogy, Sonic Unleashed, Sonic Colors and Sonic Boom Fire & Ice should be on PC.

Quote Originally Posted by Reichskommissar View Post
    I'm not saying they aren't fun, just that the racing genre is at this point already over-represented in the series. Half of the games in the series are racing games. And while SEGA has a great tradition of racing games, that's not all there is to the company. Why not make a fighting game based on VF, FV or even Virtual-On? SEGA has an established tradition in that genre as well.
    I agree, But we have 2 fighting games Sonic the Fighters and Sonic Battle. I'd prefer a party title similar to Mario Party or Sonic Shuffle.
    Quote Originally Posted by knuckles20 View Post
    It shouldn't be that hard to say you like whatever game you like without saying bs like "it's way better than that trash game 'x' ", because that's how flame wars start.
    This is a secret
    Signature by Speendlex.

Quote Originally Posted by wonder-inc View Post
    I agree, But we have 2 fighting games Sonic the Fighters and Sonic Battle. I'd prefer a party title similar to Mario Party or Sonic Shuffle.
    I wasn't referring to the Sonic series, but in regards to the All-Stars/Superstars series. I mean, the Sonic series has several racing games as well, from Sonic Drift to Sonic Free Riders. But the All-Stars/Superstars series has no fighting games, despite the genre being quite prominent in regards to SEGA.

Party games like the ones you mentioned isn't really SEGA's style, it's more of a nintendo thing. For a SEGA cross-over, it should draw from and represent SEGA even in the genre and gameplay as well. That's something the previous games have done, you have SEGA Superstars Tennis, which is essentially Virtua Tennis with SEGA characters, and you have the racing games, which as one of the developers even claimed is: "Outrun with weapons". Which I definitely can at least partially agree to.

Making the next game a fighting game is the most obvious choice. I mean, they have so much to draw from; Fighting Vipers, Last Bronx, Eternal Champions, Fighters Megamix, Virtual-On and of course Virtua Fighter. And that's only vs. fighters.

I wasn't referring to the Sonic series, but in regards to the All-Stars/Superstars series. I mean, the Sonic series has several racing games as well, from Sonic Drift to Sonic Free Riders. But the All-Stars/Superstars series has no fighting games, despite the genre being quite prominent in regards to SEGA.

Party games like the ones you mentioned isn't really SEGA's style, it's more of a nintendo thing. For a SEGA cross-over, it should draw from and represent SEGA even in the genre and gameplay as well. That's something the previous games have done, you have SEGA Superstars Tennis, which is essentially Virtua Tennis with SEGA characters, and you have the racing games, which as one of the developers even claimed is: "Outrun with weapons". Which I definitely can at least partially agree to.

Making the next game a fighting game is the most obvious choice. I mean, they have so much to draw from; Fighting Vipers, Last Bronx, Eternal Champions, Fighters Megamix, Virtual-On and of course Virtua Fighter. And that's only vs. fighters.
    I see. The name of the racing games always led me to believe they were Sonic racing games with Sega characters.
    Yeah I agree a fighting game similar to Fighters Megamix or Virtua Fighter has a lot of potential, Unfortunantly it doesn't seem like its gonna happen.
    It shouldn't be that hard to say you like whatever game you like without saying bs like "it's way better than that trash game 'x' ", because that's how flame wars start.
    This is a secret
    Signature by Speendlex.

I see. The name of the racing games always led me to believe they were Sonic racing games with Sega characters.
    Yeah I agree a fighting game similar to Fighters Megamix or Virtua Fighter has a lot of potential, Unfortunantly it doesn't seem like its gonna happen.
    That was most likely a decision from the higher up in the SEGA management to throw in "Sonic" in the title to get more sales. Bad decision, they should go back to just SEGA All-Stars/Superstars.

They did the same thing with Ultimate Collection, which of course was not a Sonic collection but definitely a SEGA collection.

That was most likely a decision from the higher up in the SEGA management to throw in "Sonic" in the title to get more sales. Bad decision, they should go back to just SEGA All-Stars/Superstars.

They did the same thing with Ultimate Collection, which of course was not a Sonic collection but definitely a SEGA collection.
    Yeah I think Sega Superstars Tennis didn't sell well.

Ultimate collection is still called Sega Megadrive Ultimate collection in Europe and it did get a reprint.
    This is a secret
    Signature by Speendlex.

Yeah I think Sega Superstars Tennis didn't sell well.

Ultimate collection is still called Sega Megadrive Ultimate collection in Europe and it did get a reprint.
    Wouldn't know, I've been unable to find a number for SST.

Yes, I know, but they played the Sonic card in NA.

Wouldn't know, I've been unable to find a number for SST.

Yes, I know, but they played the Sonic card in NA.
    No need for a number. If you check the platforms the game was released on not a single one of them got a rerelease due to good sales e.g Greatest hits, Platinum, etc...
    This is a secret
    Signature by Speendlex.

playing tekken 7 with virtua fighter 6 nowhere to be found

why the hell does it need more sonic characters lol i remember someone making a similar post to this one when the game was released if anything they should name it sega all stars racing but in all honesty what mechanics can they add to the game to make it better than transformed

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Miru View Post
    It's because Sonic characters aren't playable in their own games anymore.
    Lmao.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast