Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1/15/16 Forum News & Announcements

Default 1/15/16 Forum News & Announcements

Hey there everyone,

Happy Friday! It's been a long time since any official posts arrived detailing what's new for the forums, as well as SEGA, so I figured I'd write a little something up for you all before I take off for the weekend.

First, I hope you all had a great holiday and a happy start to the new year! It's crazy to think that it's 2016 already, isn't it? I originally joined these forums as a fan back in ~2001 or so, which makes the events that followed over 15 years a bit surreal!

With all the transition elements from last year, SEGA of America relocating down to Los Angeles, and the whirlwind of changes that came with it, things have been pretty busy for us here. There have been some pretty awesome games released in that time, too - Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai DX for the 3DS is adorably awesome, and Yakuza 5 for Playstation 3 is a much-welcomed next step in an equally epic franchise.

I work more specifically on the Sonic side of things now, and hopefully you guys have been enjoying the stuff posted on the Sonic Twitter, Facebook, and Tumblr pages over the last 7 months. Speaking of Sonic, this year is the 25th Anniversary! There are some pretty fun announcements coming up for Sonic as the year continues, but you'll have to stay tuned for more on those.

New Staff for 2016

As we look to the forums, specifically, we have a new admin joining the team who I look forward to introducing you to soon - the excellent Dan Sheridan, who joined up with SEGA of Europe recently. He's a great guy, and some of you in the UK may have already met him at one of the events he's hosted.

A New Intern - A month or two ago, we put up a job listing for a new Intern, who will actually be working with... me! A big thank you to everyone who sent in their resumes. As the intern is selected, I'll introduce them here and you guys can subject them to the tomato-throwing and ritualistic virtual rite of passage that accompanies such an honored position.

Coming up for the forums...

As we move through 2016, we'll be making some changes to the forums to improve functionality and access. Some of these changes will include streamlining old and inactive forums to make the boards easier to browse, as well as explorations into giving you guys more freedom to choose from new skin options. (The latter depends on time and resources, but I'd love to see it happen!)

There's a ton of cool stuff planned for SEGA as we move into the new year, so from all of us in the US, Europe, and Japan - thanks for being a fan, and enjoy your time here on the forums!

In regard to new styles, does that include the generic SEGA style, too? I love it and all, so please don't take this negatively, but it's been here for a long time and has gotten boring?

In regard to improving functionality and access, are you referring to updating SEGA Forum to the latest version of vBulletin (4.2.3, I think) for security purposes and all that or, hell, changing to another forum software altogether, such as XenForo? I won't get into it, but let's just say there have been... issues and concerns with vBulletin--or, rather, its company. I'm partly biased since KH-Flare, a forum I administrate, is running XenForo, but XenForo is a must better software than vBulletin. It's not filled with so much bloat; instead, they include only necessary features and features that are heavily supported in the suggestions forum (if they're possible). For a forum like SEGA Forum that doesn't really have any add-ons, converting is a breeze. XenForo supports importing everything (users, user groups, etc.), though user group permissions will need to be adjusted as they work differently.

Anyway, I'm rambling. Sorry, Ruby. I look forward to the changes.
    YouTube Channel

I am regularly active on KH-Vids: https://kh-vids.net/members/3091/

Well welcome back.

Hopefully we can expect some more games in 2016.

Like idk.... Phantasty Star Online 2?

Happy 2016, RubyEclipse! It really is crazy to think it's already been 5 years since Sonic Generations. I guess you could say also scary, really doesn't feel like it's been 5 years.

I'm looking forward to 2016 announcements, both SEGA and Sonic related. Japanese SEGA games coming to the west seems to be a thing again, so that is exciting. Big Sonic announcements are always exciting too. There isn't any doubt in my mind that you have some crazy stuff planned for Sonic's 25th anniversary.

Don't change Sega Forum to make it silly, silly things are silly. :O

Super Moderator - Foxy Mod Ingolme's Avatar

I can't wait to meet our new admin and I'm looking forward to announcements about Sonic's 25th anniversary!

Bye bye Lost World forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaquaza View Post
    I'd rather have a video game console that can't play DVDs than one that can't play video games at all. Amazingly, I've just predicted why people won't like the next Xbox.

Quote Originally Posted by RubyEclipse View Post
    Hey there everyone,

Happy Friday! It's been a long time since any official posts arrived detailing what's new for the forums, as well as SEGA, so I figured I'd write a little something up for you all before I take off for the weekend.

First, I hope you all had a great holiday and a happy start to the new year! It's crazy to think that it's 2016 already, isn't it? I originally joined these forums as a fan back in ~2001 or so, which makes the events that followed over 15 years a bit surreal!

With all the transition elements from last year, SEGA of America relocating down to Los Angeles, and the whirlwind of changes that came with it, things have been pretty busy for us here. There have been some pretty awesome games released in that time, too - Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai DX for the 3DS is adorably awesome, and Yakuza 5 for Playstation 3 is a much-welcomed next step in an equally epic franchise.

I work more specifically on the Sonic side of things now, and hopefully you guys have been enjoying the stuff posted on the Sonic Twitter, Facebook, and Tumblr pages over the last 7 months. Speaking of Sonic, this year is the 25th Anniversary! There are some pretty fun announcements coming up for Sonic as the year continues, but you'll have to stay tuned for more on those.

New Staff for 2016

As we look to the forums, specifically, we have a new admin joining the team who I look forward to introducing you to soon - the excellent Dan Sheridan, who joined up with SEGA of Europe recently. He's a great guy, and some of you in the UK may have already met him at one of the events he's hosted.

A New Intern - A month or two ago, we put up a job listing for a new Intern, who will actually be working with... me! A big thank you to everyone who sent in their resumes. As the intern is selected, I'll introduce them here and you guys can subject them to the tomato-throwing and ritualistic virtual rite of passage that accompanies such an honored position.

Coming up for the forums...

As we move through 2016, we'll be making some changes to the forums to improve functionality and access. Some of these changes will include streamlining old and inactive forums to make the boards easier to browse, as well as explorations into giving you guys more freedom to choose from new skin options. (The latter depends on time and resources, but I'd love to see it happen!)

There's a ton of cool stuff planned for SEGA as we move into the new year, so from all of us in the US, Europe, and Japan - thanks for being a fan, and enjoy your time here on the forums!
    no need to thank us We are grateful to be here
    and we are big fans of Sega this brand and all this legacy will never be forgotten or died
    happy New Year to everybody ^_^ sorry for my bad english I'm brazillian Sega f„n XD
    http://i.imgur.com/nNBbWzX.jpg

I hope the forum can be more welcoming to foreign members, just like Brazilians.
    Subscribe my channel and click on the bell button!
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TeamChaotixBR
    We have comic dubs, gameplay, sonic news, sonic product reviews, old SEGA comercial translations, sonic plushies exploring places, stopmotion animation and a lot more!

It's not already?
    YouTube Channel

I am regularly active on KH-Vids: https://kh-vids.net/members/3091/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast