Page 316 of 317 FirstFirst ... 216266306312313314315316317 LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,160 of 3168

Thread: Random Nintendo thoughts thread

Quote Originally Posted by Waffletiger View Post
    What? People in "for fun" just stand around taunting for the entire match? And report you if you actually try to fight?
    Well in Smash 4, they can only taunt three times in a public match before taunting is disabled. The "taunt party" name originally came from Brawl, where you actually could taunt in Basic Brawl all day. Instead, these For Fun players mostly just fidget about, maybe pressing a button every once in a while, in order to keep from being booted offline.

They will report you if you try to play though, for sure. The reason why is because if a player gets enough reports in a certain time frame, they will be forced into what's known as "For Glory Hell", which basically means that they can't find anyone to play online for a while - could be weeks, or even months in some reportedly extreme instances.

And in case you're wondering: No, Nintendo does not check the reports they get, and they never did either, lol. This was always an automated system without any moderation at all.
    -Proud to be a True Gamer-

Fluffy's Tumblr Page
    I love my Shadi-kun. <3

Everything about that is retarded. You should never get banned for actually playing the game. Reports should be manually checked. And as already said earlier, what is even fun about just jumping around doing nothing? Why are you even on Smash at all then?
    I play a lot of League of Legends. I currently have Mastery 7 on fifteen champions: Vi (jungle), Tristana (ADC), Lulu (support), Nautilus (support), Sona (support), Bard (support), Rumble (jungle), Poppy (support), Zyra (support), Nami (support), Soraka (support), Miss Fortune (ADC), Leona (support), Shen (jungle), Kog'maw (ADC)

I honestly have no idea what those people get out of taunt parties tbh, lol.

As for the Report system, for sure it's retarded, but what else do you expect from Nintendo? They've always been awful when it comes to online play in their games. Applying minimum effort is par for the course.
    -Proud to be a True Gamer-

Fluffy's Tumblr Page
    I love my Shadi-kun. <3

Quote Originally Posted by fluffymoochicken View Post
    Are you actually talking to yourself, there?
    LOL, of course not. The first sentence of my last post just didn't feel right without context and I didn't want to make anyone have to backtrack to know what I meant by 'my question.'

Seems EA managed to up and accidentally leak the January 2018 Nintendo Direct

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/201...intendo_direct

Anyone got a leather belt? Cuz I know a certain company that needs a trip to the Woodshed for being a bunch of incompetent fools.
    Currently awaiting......Whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Waffletiger View Post
    Everything about that is retarded. You should never get banned for actually playing the game. Reports should be manually checked. And as already said earlier, what is even fun about just jumping around doing nothing? Why are you even on Smash at all then?
    It's Nintendo. Did you expect competence or something?

aspiring memesmith

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Linebeck View Post
    It's Nintendo. Did you expect competence or something?
    Eeeeeh. I mean, they generally make pretty fun games. Shame they rather suck at pretty much everything else related to the games.
    I play a lot of League of Legends. I currently have Mastery 7 on fifteen champions: Vi (jungle), Tristana (ADC), Lulu (support), Nautilus (support), Sona (support), Bard (support), Rumble (jungle), Poppy (support), Zyra (support), Nami (support), Soraka (support), Miss Fortune (ADC), Leona (support), Shen (jungle), Kog'maw (ADC)

This is pure gold.

Source: Amazon - RiME (Nintendo Switch)

I can't imagine how enraged this woman was as she wrote this "review." lol

Those exclamantion marks are the icing on the cake. haha

Quote Originally Posted by fluffymoochicken View Post
    And in case you're wondering: No, Nintendo does not check the reports they get, and they never did either, lol. This was always an automated system without any moderation at all.
    So I guess Squidbanging and rage quitting matches prior to results so that everybody lose rank points are still a thing in Splatoon 2 then eh?
    -Blackmage of the Sega Forums-
    Currently Playing: Deus Ex Mankind Divided (PS4)
    Bad joke of the week: "I like Waiters, they bring a lot to the table."

Nintendo should name their next console the "Nintendo." That way it could be the Nintendo Nintendo, and everybody could just call it the Nintendo for short.

Me: "When I get home I'm going to play my Nintendo."

Guy: "Which one?"

Me: "The Nintendo."

Guy: "Yeah, but which Nintendo?"

Me: "I already told you, I'm playing the Nintendo."

Guy: "Ok..."
    Last edited by Hobthebob; 01-12-2018 at 07:12 PM.

Page 316 of 317 FirstFirst ... 216266306312313314315316317 LastLast