Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Valkyria Chronicles as we know it is DEAD!

Default Valkyria Chronicles as we know it is DEAD!

I was so happy to hear that we were finally getting a new console Valkyria Chronicles game with Azure Revolution and I finally got around to watching a Video of the JP Demo that came with VC Remastered and I could not be more heart broken! It's went from a beautiful looking water colored manga game with turn-based strategy elements to a generic looking steaming pile of action rpg! Yes, I get it... It's a spin-off, but who asked for this? Nobody wanted this! Valkyria Chronicles fans didn't ask for this! the BLITZ system is completely gone and the stylized art style is nowhere to be seen!

In all fairness the game might turn out to be good, but it's not what I wanted. I supported Sega and VC with hundreds of my dollars. I bought VC twice on PS3, once again on PC and was considering the PS4 version but now i can't after watching that tragedy of a game that nobody asked for. hell I even had VC2 on PSP then bought it digitally so I could play on my Vita... I'm not just mad with Sega... i feel betrayed again... this pain is all too familiar. They let me down with Phantasy Star Online 2 localization which they completely lied about and never delivered, they stopped making Sega All-Star Racing games, Sonic games are terrible and now Valkyria Chronicles is turning into some generic game nobody asked for. I don't know why I even bother with Sega anymore... they ruin everything and never listen to the fan base who actually purchase their games.
    Last edited by cochrane; 05-21-2016 at 11:22 AM.

As you yourself said, it's a spin off. Valkyria Chronicles as we know it is NOT dead. And there's no need to be salty about this. And for God's sake, stop saying SEGA don't listen to their fans. We asked for Yakuza 5, they brought it, we asked for Yakuza Zero, they are bringing it, we asked for the Genesis 3DS Collection they brought it, we asked for Hatsune Miku games they brought it, we asked for the Valkyria Chronicles Remaster, they brought it. OK, I get it, PSO2's case is indeed painful, but the only recent terrible Sonic game is called Sonic Boom. And stop saying Azure Revolution is a tragedy, just because *you* don't like the way the game is looking or how the gameplay is, it doesn't mean other people can't like it. It doesn't mean the game is a tragedy, it means *you* didn't liked it. I'm sorry if I'm sounding rude, but deal with it. Personally, I prefer the Blitz system too. But that's not a reason to say 'the game is a tragedy' or 'nobody asked for it'. Again, imo this is kinda a selfish thinking.
    TojoHQ: "The Headquarters of the Yakuza fans"

I'm not a fan of the direction they went with for Azure Revolution, so I can relate to what you're saying, OldytroN. Anyway, I think you should buy VC on PS4 not only to support the franchise but to send SEGA the clear message that you want more Valkyria Chronicles.

Quote Originally Posted by tojohq View Post
    As you yourself said, it's a spin off. Valkyria Chronicles as we know it is NOT dead.
    Can you really say that with absolute certainty given the history of this company? It's like people have already forgotten what SEGA did to Phantasy Star and the Shining series once the respective spinoffs proved to be successful.

I hate these sort of rant threads. VC is most definitely not dead, especially given the fact SEGA are actively seeking the views of the SEGA fanbase on the release of VC: Remaster: http://valkyria.sega.com/vcr/survey/

I genuinely believe we're in the midst of a SEGA renaissance here folks. Believe.

I don't get it. 3 games in a series is enough. Chronicles has had enough and concluded why do you need more? We've not even gotten the 3rd game stateside still complain about that instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Clesarie View Post
    I don't get it. 3 games in a series is enough. Chronicles has had enough and concluded why do you need more? We've not even gotten the 3rd game stateside still complain about that instead.
    Yeah, sure, and Sonic should have ended after 3 games. Good grief.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnedBones View Post
    Can you really say that with absolute certainty given the history of this company? It's like people have already forgotten what SEGA did to Phantasy Star and the Shining series once the respective spinoffs proved to be successful.
    Of course I can't say for sure. But neither can him or you. Yes, SEGA changed the way they handle the Phantasy Star and Shining series once the respective spin offs proved to be successful. But Azure Revolution is far from finished. Who knows if it will be successful? Who knows if, even it's successful, it will replace the main series? It's useless to condemn the future of the main series based on suppositions made upon an unfinished game, that's what I'm trying to say.
    Last edited by tojohq; 05-23-2016 at 11:43 AM.
    TojoHQ: "The Headquarters of the Yakuza fans"

Quote Originally Posted by tojohq View Post
    Of course I can't say for sure. But neither can him or you. Yes, SEGA changed the way they handle the Phantasy Star and Shining series once the respective spin offs proved to be successful. But Azure Revolution is far from finished. Who knows if it will be successful? Who knows if, even it's successful, it will replace the main series? It's useless to condemn the future of the main series based on suppositions made upon an unfinished game, that's what I'm trying to say.
    Well, to be fair, Phantasy Star and Shining spinoffs becoming mainline sorta started a death-spiral that made those IPs go from internationally relevant in gaming to being Japan-Only.

Thankfully, Valkyria, as it stands, already hit Phantasy Star's no-localize rock-bottom half a decade ago, so it has nowhere to go but up really.
    #SteamRevolution - Bring Valkyria Revolution to PC as a follow-up to the first game's 900K and counting PC sales!

Quote Originally Posted by QuietBomb View Post
    Yeah, sure, and Sonic should have ended after 3 games. Good grief.
    Theres such thing as beating a dead horse. Not every game needs to be turned into a yearly outing or even a huge series.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast