Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021

Thread: Resident Evil 7 Announced

Just a reminder that both DLC's are out tomorrow. Not a Hero is free, of course, and End of Zoe is $15.
    Xbox Live Gamertag: GOOCH3R
    Switch Friend Code: SW-2375-2456-6218

Played through both DLC's, back to back. I think a lot of people might take issue with the length of them (about 90 minutes each), but I loved them both.

Not A Hero works well as the real ending to the game. It ties up more or less all of the loose ends, and potentially sets up RE8. It also addresses one of my biggest issues with the main game by having a proper last boss that requires actual effort.
    There's also some interesting new mechanics and enemy types, but nothing spectacular. Gameplay is more of the same for the most part, with a slightly higher emphasis on melee attacks.

End of Zoe is in some ways the more interesting of the two, because it plays and feels so different from the main game. Combat revolves almost entirely on hand to hand combat, which is fun, if a bit silly. The game also utilises the swamp environment well, asking the player to wade through crocodile infested water, crafting makeshift spears, or collecting small critters to replenish health. It's definitely a lot more tongue-in-cheek, but it's very enjoyable.
    Last edited by - Gooch -; 12-14-2017 at 04:24 AM.

I'm going to visit my brother soon. I imagine I'll be seeing at least one of them while I'm down there. LOL

Chronologically, Not A Hero takes place first. End of Zoe takes place after. Not that it matters much, EoZ is pretty inconsequential, story-wise. Unless you really need to see how Zoe's story ends, lol.

I actually am very curious about that. Even knowing what the right (and canon) choice was, I felt bad.

The title makes me kind of fearful, but I do plan to go through it and Not a Hero if my brother has them downloaded. (And he likely does)

Thank you for letting me know the chronology. Such things are significant to me.

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021