Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Resident Evil 7 Announced

Didn't the main guy behind Resident Evil leave after 4? :O

Gunpowder gelatine dynamite with a laser beam

Quote Originally Posted by fluffymoochicken View Post
    I know, right? They should have made a clunky PS1-style game with tank-like controls instead.

....Actually, nah. Never mind. This is a lot better.
    That's not what I said. I thought you was smarter than this, Fluffy. Strawman argument don't suit you.

Resident Evil was never a series about psychological terror, ghosts or supernatural. It is a series about the horrors of biological weapons and humanity trying to play god.

Be sarcastic all you want, but tell me one single super natural happening in Resident Evil 1, 2 or 3 before that.

The trailer only shows that the series don't know what it is anymore.
    Last edited by BlazeFromRush; 06-14-2016 at 01:23 PM.
    I am actually a very nice person. If you have a problem with a post of mine, or my attitude, send me a PM.
    Ps: It's not because I don't agree with you that I'm not nice.

Quote Originally Posted by BlazeFromRush View Post
    That's not what I said.
    You said "return to the roots", and RE's roots are in PS1-era game design, tank-like controls, cheesy stories, and FMV cutscenes with hilariously bad acting.

So like, I see no problem in abandoning its roots, at least if they want RE7 to be taken more seriously as a legitimate horror franchise. If you'd rather them have cheesy B-movie qualities instead though then I can understand that perspective, too.
    -Proud to be a True Gamer-

Fluffy's Tumblr Page
    I love my Shadi-kun. <3

You said "return to the roots", and RE's roots are in PS1-era game design, tank-like controls, cheesy stories, and FMV cutscenes with hilariously bad acting.

So like, I see no problem in abandoning its roots, at least if they want RE7 to be taken more seriously as a legitimate horror franchise. If you'd rather them have cheesy B-movie qualities instead though then I can understand that perspective, too.
    I don't think you're understanding what he's saying. I think he's referring more along the lines of "REmake" which to me and others is the epitome of what an RE game is.

REVII is the definition of a company that is on their way down, stealing ideas in the process because they're too incompetent to lead the industry with new experiences and original content.
    <a href=http://segabits.com/forums/ target=_blank>http://segabits.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Dynamite.png</a>
    Gamertag: Pirovash88

Quote Originally Posted by pirovash88 View Post
    I don't think you're understanding what he's saying. I think he's referring more along the lines of "REmake" which to me and others is the epitome of what an RE game is.

REVII is the definition of a company that is on their way down, stealing ideas in the process because they're too incompetent to lead the industry with new experiences and original content.
    "She", and I guess the difference between myself and you two is that I don't have any particular fondness for the older games. I've always felt that RE titles were pretty bad prior to 4, and it's not like the third person action shooter games were fantastic to me either. Ditching the style of those games is no problem by me.

As for Capcom going down.... Yeah, you might be right about that, lol.
    -Proud to be a True Gamer-

Fluffy's Tumblr Page
    I love my Shadi-kun. <3

I saw someone stream the demo no Twitch last night.. Yeah, quite disappointed. It couldn't be anymore of a PT ripoff, but just not as good.

This game seems like it should've just been a new Capcom IP, but decided to garner RE sales, so they stamped the name on it.
    Thing with PT was it did a pretty good job of being a horror game judging by the reactions.

Try to say the same thing about most modern RE games except for Revelations. Nobody wanted a shooter from SOCOM devs or a tactical shooter or a mediocre action game.
    If I wasn't a Collector or Nintendo fan I would give my Wii U away at this point. I've gotten less time out of this console than my Atari Jaguar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaquaza View Post
    I guess it might be the genre, then. Call of Duty, Halo and such are exactly the same.

Quote Originally Posted by gligar13vids View Post
    Thing with PT was it did a pretty good job of being a horror game judging by the reactions.

Try to say the same thing about most modern RE games except for Revelations. Nobody wanted a shooter from SOCOM devs or a tactical shooter or a mediocre action game.
    Sadly, the more mainstream fratcore heads would love to buy Mediocre Action games or Tactical Shooters. XP
    Currently awaiting......Whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Diamond View Post
    Sadly, the more mainstream fratcore heads would love to buy Mediocre Action games or Tactical Shooters. XP
    Not when they take another franchise and gut it. Sometimes it sells more copies such as with Fallout, and if enough time has passed it's easy to get away with, but in most cases it sells like garbage.
    If I wasn't a Collector or Nintendo fan I would give my Wii U away at this point. I've gotten less time out of this console than my Atari Jaguar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaquaza View Post
    I guess it might be the genre, then. Call of Duty, Halo and such are exactly the same.

Quote Originally Posted by gligar13vids View Post
    Not when they take another franchise and gut it. Sometimes it sells more copies such as with Fallout, and if enough time has passed it's easy to get away with, but in most cases it sells like garbage.
    It's how things are in the business, Lucario. It's how many Video Game executive s run the joint. They see everything as being mostly "Clash of Clans," "Candy Crush" and "Call of Duty."
    Currently awaiting......Whatever.

They can return to the roots, but it doesn't mean they can't do improvements and deliver a better experience. Was RE (GC version) bad?
    But if you said that you didn't find any particullar fondness to this game since the begining, what were you expecting with a remake of RE actually? I may be lost here...

"None of this is Good, Vector. Thats why it's called war."
    By Knuckles.

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast