Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 205

Thread: Resident Evil 7 Announced

  1. #21
    Senior Member - Gooch -'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    11,712

    Default

    Just seen the interesting and in some ways reassuring Game Informer interview with the developers.

    few things I noted:

    - The demo isn't part of the full game
    - The protagonist, who doesn't appear in the demo is new, since Capcom believed the likes of Chris, Leon and Jill are effectively "Super-heroes" by this point, and wanted to make the main character more like a regular person to increase the sense of hopelessness.
    - The game returns more to the single central location design of the earlier games.
    - It isn't a reboot. Getting players to try and figure out how it connects to other games in the series will be part of the appeal of the story, the devs believe. They also want to reassure people, that the game doesn't revolve around ghosts, or the supernatural.
    - They finish by confirming that there are no QTE's in the game, lol.
    Xbox Live Gamertag: GOOCH3R
    Switch Friend Code: SW-2375-2456-6218

  2. #22
    Senior Member Darkism 13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Maryland, USA
    Posts
    2,518

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pirovash88 View Post
    I saw someone stream the demo no Twitch last night.. Yeah, quite disappointed. It couldn't be anymore of a PT ripoff, but just not as good.

    This game seems like it should've just been a new Capcom IP, but decided to garner RE sales, so they stamped the name on it.
    I'm willing to give it a chance. Also, to be fair, PT was more or less taking cues from typical J-horror movies.

    Quote Originally Posted by TinkererTails View Post
    Didn't the main guy behind Resident Evil leave after 4? :O
    You're referring to Shinji Mikami. Yes, after the GameCUbe version of Resident Evil 4 was finished, he moved away from Capcom's Production Studio 4 and over to Clover Studios. When Capcom stupidly closed down Clover Studios, Mikami along with some of Capcom's most talented people left Capcom altogether. The Resident Evil series had been in a decline ever since Shinji Mikami stepped away from it. I think a lot of this has to do with the fact that Mikami cared about quality. When Resident Evil 2 was nearly finished, he decided that it wasn't good and scrapped 90% of the game and delayed it's released by almost a year. With Resident Evil 4, multiple versions of the game were started and scrapped at least three times before the team got something they liked. With Mikami gone, they people in charge of the series seemed to care more about competing with western franchises than actually pushing the series forward and trying to make it the best it could be.

  3. #23
    Senior Member BlazeFromRush's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Gunpowder gelatine dynamite with a laser beam
    Posts
    18,138

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by - Gooch - View Post
    regular person to increase the sense of hopelessness.
    Oh! Like Chris, Leon and Jill used to be before RE5?!

    Who would KNOW!?

    Sure, they were all cops, Chris and Jill part of a special forces, but they wasn't trained to deal with zombies or other types of creatures, and Leon was a rookie normal cop, which got his city destroyed on his first day at the job.

    And not let's talk about Claire, who was a total civilian.

    When Gears of Evil kicked in, they, out of the blue, could punch rocks and Matrix people out, without explanation.

    Basically Capcom dug their own grave and can't get out of it without reboot. My question is: Why not reboot?
    Last edited by BlazeFromRush; 06-14-2016 at 10:04 PM.
    I am actually a very nice person. If you have a problem with a post of mine, or my attitude, send me a PM.
    Ps: It's not because I don't agree with you that I'm not nice.



  4. #24
    Senior Member TinkererTails's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Ireland.
    Posts
    11,221

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darkism 13 View Post
    You're referring to Shinji Mikami. Yes, after the GameCUbe version of Resident Evil 4 was finished, he moved away from Capcom's Production Studio 4 and over to Clover Studios. When Capcom stupidly closed down Clover Studios, Mikami along with some of Capcom's most talented people left Capcom altogether. The Resident Evil series had been in a decline ever since Shinji Mikami stepped away from it. I think a lot of this has to do with the fact that Mikami cared about quality. When Resident Evil 2 was nearly finished, he decided that it wasn't good and scrapped 90% of the game and delayed it's released by almost a year. With Resident Evil 4, multiple versions of the game were started and scrapped at least three times before the team got something they liked. With Mikami gone, they people in charge of the series seemed to care more about competing with western franchises than actually pushing the series forward and trying to make it the best it could be.
    Ah yes, I remember seeing a trailer where Resident Evil 4 looked completely different, it was more about the paranormal than zombies or evil viruses. I'm glad he scrapped it though, it really doesn't suit what you'd expect in a Resident Evil game. :O


  5. #25
    Senior Member Oxvial's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,644

    Default

    I'm one of those guys that got bored with P.T. so I have low expectations , installed this yesterday gonna try it in a few hours.
    http://savegameonline.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/ps4logo.jpg
    Oxvial ''UltraHD Brotherhood''
    In celebration of the PS4 and fourth generation 3D graphics.
    Join us.

  6. #26
    Senior Member BlazeFromRush's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Gunpowder gelatine dynamite with a laser beam
    Posts
    18,138

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mario_Sonic_Megaman View Post
    Still, I can't help but mention that I loved the part in Umbrella Chronicles where Chris and Jill did some Matrix flips to survive the laser trap that I'm sure was inspired by the live action movie. XD
    Probably inspired by the Resident Evil Movies.
    I am actually a very nice person. If you have a problem with a post of mine, or my attitude, send me a PM.
    Ps: It's not because I don't agree with you that I'm not nice.



  7. #27
    Senior Member - Gooch -'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    11,712

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlazeFromRush View Post
    Probably inspired by the Resident Evil Movies.
    A very similar moment also appears in RE4, too. The devs must love that laser scene, lol.
    Xbox Live Gamertag: GOOCH3R
    Switch Friend Code: SW-2375-2456-6218

  8. #28
    Senior Member Reichskommissar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    12,392

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlazeFromRush View Post
    Oh! Like Chris, Leon and Jill used to be before RE5?!

    Who would KNOW!?

    Sure, they were all cops, Chris and Jill part of a special forces, but they wasn't trained to deal with zombies or other types of creatures, and Leon was a rookie normal cop, which got his city destroyed on his first day at the job.

    And not let's talk about Claire, who was a total civilian.

    When Gears of Evil kicked in, they, out of the blue, could punch rocks and Matrix people out, without explanation.

    Basically Capcom dug their own grave and can't get out of it without reboot. My question is: Why not reboot?
    Honestly, that started with CV, which still had the original structure and gameplay intact.

    And I'd hardly call being former Delta Force or Air Force as regular people.


  9. #29
    Senior Member BlazeFromRush's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Gunpowder gelatine dynamite with a laser beam
    Posts
    18,138

    Default

    They aren't as regular people, sure, but none of them was trained to face zombies or monsters, for sure. It was way above their training.
    I am actually a very nice person. If you have a problem with a post of mine, or my attitude, send me a PM.
    Ps: It's not because I don't agree with you that I'm not nice.



  10. #30
    Senior Member Reichskommissar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    12,392

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlazeFromRush View Post
    They aren't as regular people, sure, but none of them was trained to face zombies or monsters, for sure. It was way above their training.
    Was it? I'm not sure, especially about Jill and her past in the Delta Force, I'd figure that most enemies in the game would not be of significant challenge for a former Delta Force operative, except for perhaps the Hunters and Tyrant.


Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •