Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Sony Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Kuronoa View Post
    The original PS2 version load times were terrible.
    Load times aren't really a problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by knuckles20 View Post
    It shouldn't be that hard to say you like whatever game you like without saying bs like "it's way better than that trash game 'x' ", because that's how flame wars start.
    This is a secret
    Signature by Speendlex.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by wonder-inc View Post
    Load times aren't really a problem.
    If they're extremely long and frequent, then yes, they are.

The original PS2 version load times were terrible.
    I did go look at some video footage of what the PS2 version's load times were like and they don't seem too bad I guess. They're about 15-25 seconds depending on the stage. I don't think that puts it into the Sonic '06 category of game-ruining load times.

Should be playing the Xbox version instead though.

Quote Originally Posted by YoshiParty
    If they're extremely long and frequent, then yes, they are.
    Definitely not "frequent". It loads before a stage and after a stage is completed.

They don't interrupt gameplay at all.
    Last edited by fluffymoochicken; 07-16-2016 at 12:28 PM.
    -Proud to be a True Gamer-

Fluffy's Tumblr Page
    I love my Shadi-kun. <3

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by fluffymoochicken View Post
    Definitely not "frequent". It loads before a stage and after a stage is completed.

They don't interrupt gameplay at all.
    Wasn't referring to TWoC when I said that. I was referring to other games infamous for long load times, like Sonic 06, and Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly.

The original PS2 version of Crash: TWoC load times are kinda annoying, tho, but they're fixed in the PS2 Greatest Hits version, as well as Xbox and GameCube versions, so I can get those versions instead (Although, the GameCube apparently has a worse framerate, and inferior graphics, so it's probably best I avoid that version.)

No way, has to be longer than that on the Black Label version I played. I wish I still had my copy to test it again. I'm usually patient with load times in games.

No way, has to be longer than that on the Black Label version I played. I wish I still had my copy to test it again. I'm usually patient with load times in games.
    Check video footage if you don't believe me. The longest load time I could find on various vids was 25 seconds long. I did also notice that some playthroughs had way shorter load times, too.

I think maybe it felt longer to you than it actually was.

Quote Originally Posted by YoshiParty
    The original PS2 version of Crash: TWoC load times are kinda annoying, tho, but they're fixed in the PS2 Greatest Hits version, as well as Xbox and GameCube versions, so I can get those versions instead (Although, the GameCube apparently has a worse framerate, and inferior graphics, so it's probably best I avoid that version.)
    I generally avoid the GC versions of multi-plats, not merely because of graphics/performance, but because the GC controller is not ideal for most games.

GC controller is especially bad for most fighting games (due to teensy D-pad), racing games (due to mushy triggers), and FPS games (due to mushy triggers and the nubby C stick).
    -Proud to be a True Gamer-

Fluffy's Tumblr Page
    I love my Shadi-kun. <3

Banned

Seriously, hoping that they rerelease some of the PS2 Crash games on PS4, especially Twinsanity. I always wanted to play that one.

Quote Originally Posted by fluffymoochicken View Post
    Jak 1 is fantastic. Better than the PS1 Crash games, definitely.

Insomniac's games were always better though. =P
    This is true.

I suppose I don't have the greatest experience with Naughty Dog's games, but I've preferred pretty much all of Insomniac's games that I've played, to any of Naughty Dog's that I've played.
    McBragg'd, noun: A state in which a user argued incessantly over an idea in an unpleasable manner, often resulting in contempt and/or drama.
    The super villain, Dr. Eggman, discovers a powerful Ragnium element in Ragna Rock island which can fuel his robots and make them faster than Sonic.

the Grand Universal Space Station, Helix Nebula

I think jak3 balanced out the gunplay & platforming well compared to jak2. Health upgrades in 3 were also a god save since you end up with twice as much hp by the end compared to jak 2 being stuck with 8 hp the whole game. 4 hp was fine in the first game because guns weren't commonplace in the past, but once the went to the future, dying got so dang easy in 2... hover board was sweet tho.

Might update.
    PSN: The_120cxx
    deviantART

Banned

Who here wants a new Ape Escape game? I know I do.

Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast