Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 192526272829

Thread: Random Sony Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt The Cat View Post
    What's fun about it though? The demo just had you slog through a linear level fighting enemies with generic combat moves and generic shooter gameplay and then ended with a fairly cinematic boss battle with an admittedly climactic ending. It didn't really do a good job of conveying what the hook for this game is, it just felt like it was doing things that any other ARPG does. If all you liked about was the story and the music that's not really worth a purchase since you buy games for you know, the gameplay. And I'm not seeing anything special about the gameplay.
    This is the first time I played a game made by Platinum Games so maybe that is why I enjoy it more. I haven't played much arpgs either so that another reason why I like it. Of course I like the gameplay. Playing the demo is what lead me to buying the full game.
    Last edited by BlueSpeedsFan92; 12-31-2017 at 01:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuronoa View Post
    What I understand Nier Automata is sorta open world. I guess the demo doesn't take you into the main gameplay loop of the game?
    Yeah the demo only shows the first mission of the game and boss fight.

Currently playing through Deus Ex Mankind Divided, which tbh, is my first experience with a Deus Ex game.

And...ehhh...It's alright.

I like how they recap the other games before hand so I'm caught up from the get go.

Kind of interesting gameplay thus far, I like the fps/stealth, covering and being tactical for kills/takedowns, kind of feels like a good combination of xcom and metal gear, and the intercom through the ps4 controller is pretty cool.

It's just...idk.

I think it's just a case where I've played so many other games that have similar elements that it just seems "fine" and really nothing special.

I've played so many cover/shooting games and so many stealth games that it's just...eh.
    -Blackmage of the Sega Forums-
    Currently Playing: Deus Ex Mankind Divided (PS4)
    Bad joke of the week: "I like Waiters, they bring a lot to the table."

Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 192526272829