Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Sony Thoughts

the Grand Universal Space Station, Helix Nebula

I've only played Pumped & primed, but I enjoyed it. How's the main trilogy?

Might update.
    PSN: The_120cxx
    deviantART

Quote Originally Posted by YoshiParty View Post
    Who here wants a new Ape Escape game? I know I do.
    Sure, but I don't know how they could top Ape Escape 3. That game was pretty much perfection.

Quote Originally Posted by the 120cxx View Post
    I've only played Pumped & primed, but I enjoyed it. How's the main trilogy?
    The first two games are quite good and very fun, but the third game is exceptional. It's sort of like crossing the AE games that came before it with a bit of Kid Chameleon, in the sense that you have these different "transformations" (like a Knight, a Ninja, a Cowboy, etc.) which helps to add a lot of variety and fun to the gameplay. Top that off with great art and graphics (it's a late-gen PS2 title), music, a good sense of humor, and a LOT of replay value (including a Metal Gear Solid crossover mode) and you have one one of the best games you can buy for the system.
    -Proud to be a True Gamer-

Fluffy's Tumblr Page
    I love my Shadi-kun. <3

Quote Originally Posted by Mario_Sonic_Megaman View Post
    In terms of Sony studios, I kind of wish we got more games from Guerilla Cambridge (formerly SCE Cambridge Studio), the makers of Medievil, Primal, and the Playstation Port of Frogger among other titles.
    There's Rigs, if you're going to be getting PSVR.

Fluffy's Tumblr Page
    I love my Shadi-kun. <3

Quote Originally Posted by Mario_Sonic_Megaman View Post
    Looks like a cool idea, though it's not the same type of game that I most like from that studio.
    I don't see why that matters. I mean, don't you love Splatoon? =P

Fluffy's Tumblr Page
    I love my Shadi-kun. <3

Well I just meant that multiplayer arena shooters weren't the type of game that you liked most from Nintendo prior to Splatoon, but that didn't affect your judgement of it negatively. So I don't see why Rigs being of the same genre should matter that much to you.

Anyway.... Don't know if I'll get PSVR myself. I have motion sickness issues and stuff. But it does seem neat.

Fluffy's Tumblr Page
    I love my Shadi-kun. <3

Senior Member UnknownDarkness??'s Avatar

I prefer Ape Escape 2 to be honest, the movie feature in 3 was eh, the FMF were more interesting in 2 and had a cool boss theme to boot, the original is still good, Gex is another franchise you might want to check out as well with it's movie parodies and fourth wall breaking as well as Croc, Tomba and Klonoa. Spyro a Hero's Tail is when I think the series became a parody of itself and needed a reboot
    Last edited by UnknownDarkness??; 07-20-2016 at 02:03 AM.
    YouTube Channel is U.D Playthroughs.
    I update gameplay content regularly so check it out.
    Currently recording Ape Escape 3 & Donkey Kong 64 on the channel.

My problem with virtual reality gaming is that it's basically wii/move games with a gyro/tablet instead of a t.v. screen, and really they do best for very casual, quick playing games (games that usually last 5-10 minute sessions).
    -Blackmage of the Sega Forums-
    Currently Playing: Deus Ex Mankind Divided (PS4)
    Bad joke of the week: "I like Waiters, they bring a lot to the table."

Quote Originally Posted by BlackmageZero View Post
    My problem with virtual reality gaming is that it's basically wii/move games with a gyro/tablet instead of a t.v. screen, and really they do best for very casual, quick playing games (games that usually last 5-10 minute sessions).
    Not all games for VR use motion controls though. Some (a lot?) use regular controllers.

Fluffy's Tumblr Page
    I love my Shadi-kun. <3

Quote Originally Posted by fluffymoochicken View Post
    Not all games for VR use motion controls though. Some (a lot?) use regular controllers.
    I really don't see much of the appeal in those though. I mean, that kind of defeats the whole purpose of virtual reality because your headset is basically just functioning as a tv and right analog stick. Same goes for games that are not in a first person perspective to me it just translates as something that doesn't need to be vr and would be better suited being on a traditional setup rather than virtual reality.

And I know it's ironic coming from one of the only few people on these boards who is a fan of the vita and wii U and one of the only handful of people who defend something like Starfox Zero, but there's the legit argument and sense of frustration of games that really should be on a traditional control set up but instead are gimmicked out for some type of weird control schemes.

And with that segue, I can see something like the attractions in nintendo land being VR games, or wii sports. Something that's goofy and fun, but at the same time are short arcade-ish games. I really couldn't see myself playing something that are heavy time investments like Final Fantasy on v.r.

I think I brought up before why stereoscopic 3d (another sony venture that they tried to push at one point) failed and that's because it gives some people headaches, and now your sort of doing that while bringing light right to your eyes, and well I'm not even sure if I could/should even bother with such things post lasik. lol.
    -Blackmage of the Sega Forums-
    Currently Playing: Deus Ex Mankind Divided (PS4)
    Bad joke of the week: "I like Waiters, they bring a lot to the table."

Quote Originally Posted by BlackmageZero View Post
    I really don't see much of the appeal in those though.
    The appeal is being able to play games with more depth to their gameplay in virtual reality. =P

I'm not trying to sell you on the idea btw. I've never tried any VR headset to know how much of a difference they make. However, the way that VR has been described makes it seem more intriguing and more immersive than just having a TV mounted to your face.

Fluffy's Tumblr Page
    I love my Shadi-kun. <3

Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast