Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: SEGA has “some great IPs coming out next year” with announcements this year

we need a new Bonanza Bros

Quote Originally Posted by City Hunter View Post
    Asking for new games instead?

I'll never understand those who prefer wating YEARS for PC portings instead of actual buy a cheap console.
    same

I would love to see a Panzer Dragoon RPG again, and anything Phantasy Star whether its a traditional game like PS 1-4 or a new online iteration. Thank you for listening SEGA.

Hello,

I am currently running a campaign for a rebooted Open World Action RPG Panzer Dragoon. It is going well ! 100 follow in 2 weeks, but I need more visibility now.

Would you please be kind enough to help and share the message somehow ? It can make a massive difference.

I am mainly communicating on Twitter @PanzDragWorld

And the petition is available here http://panzerdragoonworld.com

I'd very much appreciate your help.

Thank you.
    Panzer Dragoon Saga being my favorite game with Zelda BOTW

Honestly, Zwei and Orta were better games than Saga. I'd love if they made another PD game in style of those.

Quote Originally Posted by Reichskommissar View Post
    Honestly, Zwei and Orta were better games than Saga. I'd love if they made another PD game in style of those.

This is a very personal opinion, they were different genres. Did you play SAGA yourself ?

I will give you a fact: google trends show that when people search for panzer dragoon: they actually search for panzer dragoon saga, more often than panzer dragoon orta:
    See my tweet

https://twitter.com/PanzDragWorld/st...68789271605248

I don't want to oppose the games, I am just saying a new game is an opportunity to shed light on the series and so we could have remasters.

I also propose to offer a 2 games in 1 mechanism in this rebooted game: you could have a normal mode and then you could later, once your dragon is strong enough, play reoutes as a rail shooter inside the open world. Seems feasible to me.

But just a rail shooter is too poor in terms of story and exploration for me.
    Last edited by PanzerDragoonWorld; 08-11-2017 at 09:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PanzerDragoonWorld View Post

This is a very personal opinion, they were different genres. Did you play SAGA yourself ?
    Sure did. Decent game, but it had little on Zwei or Orta, those two are by far the best games in the series. Saga always felt out of place, largely because it was a completely different genre.

And yeah, it's a personal opinion, but so is yours.

Yes but I gave you facts, Saga is largely more googled than Orta

Quote Originally Posted by PanzerDragoonWorld View Post
    Yes but I gave you facts, Saga is largely more googled than Orta
    So? Perhaps it has to do more so with the fact that it's a less common and more rare of game.

I mean, speaking of facts, which of the games sold more? Perhaps that would be interesting to bring up as well.

Saga likely sold less because it had a limited run, hence its rarity. If we're talking about facts, however, RPGs have always had more mainstream appeal than on-rail shooters.

Anyway, I would love to support your initiative, PanzerDragoonworld, as I love both RPGs and Panzer Dragoon, but I fear a petition will not convince SEGA to greenlight a sequel. SEGA Japan are a very safe company theses days.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567