Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Azure Revolution TGS Trailer

Default Azure Revolution TGS Trailer

K, just waiting on the western PC release to be announced. Any decade now.
    #SteamRevolution - Bring Valkyria Revolution to PC as a follow-up to the first game's 900K and counting PC sales!

Hope we don't have to wait too long for Azure in the West.
    http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7352/11403311736_d9378cea2e_o.jpg
    We want Panzer Dragoon SAGA 2 RPG on PS4 and other home consoles, please Sega, please Nagoshi!

http://gematsu.com/2016/09/18-minute...-2016-gameplay

more gameplay. it looks so boring. this game is incredibly frustrating because if it doesn't sell enough, good chances they're going to can the franchise. but if it sells well then they will take it that more people want this type of gameplay. in either case, the main valkyria chronicles series will never return.

Quote Originally Posted by Majarra View Post
    http://gematsu.com/2016/09/18-minute...-2016-gameplay

more gameplay. it looks so boring. this game is incredibly frustrating because if it doesn't sell enough, good chances they're going to can the franchise. but if it sells well then they will take it that more people want this type of gameplay. in either case, the main valkyria chronicles series will never return.
    It is getting tired some by written this game as the "death of Valkyria Chronicles", all because it's not VC4 and it's spin-off.

there is no need for the series to go into a spinoff after a relatively successful trilogy and absence for soon to be 6 years (january 2011 being the last release). what it needed was a strong debut back on consoles/pc and azure was not the way to go about it. i don't think my leap in logic is blind either. the game selling bad means they'll take it that no one wants valkyria chronicles games and if it does good they'll think azure is the way go to about it. that's what has me most annoyed by the situation of the game. i'd rather have the series be finished at 3 than let it turn into this. if AR does end up getting localized i won't be buying it.

there is no need for the series to go into a spinoff after a relatively successful trilogy and absence for soon to be 6 years (january 2011 being the last release). what it needed was a strong debut back on consoles/pc and azure was not the way to go about it. i don't think my leap in logic is blind either. the game selling bad means they'll take it that no one wants valkyria chronicles games and if it does good they'll think azure is the way go to about it. that's what has me most annoyed by the situation of the game. i'd rather have the series be finished at 3 than let it turn into this. if AR does end up getting localized i won't be buying it.
    You are not making a whole lot of sense. Because first off, all successful franchises are allowed to branch off to spin off into hopefully something greater. I mean look at Mario, why do think fans are not mad at about having an RPG series or sports series because it's doing it's own thing and not straying away from platforming which Mario is well known for. Do I have to remind you with Metroid Prime after Super Metroid? That's what VC is doing. Let it do it's own thing. I mean the series hasn't been dormant in 4 years(VC3 Extra Edition) by the time this comment will be posted. I won't tell you how you spend your money, but listen they are very self aware about the fans of the original games and they were discussing about remaking 2 and 3 but right now they want to focus on VAR for now before they'll get into it. So being either cynical or over exaggerating about VAR not being VC4 regardless is saying you are pinning that game is the death of the series rather than this is something that Sega just wanted to put out something new and just want to expand the series by having a spin off. But no one can tell the difference. Not to mention, it took some if not most elements from the original trilogy.

Now, I do want it to be good,I do want to like it, but I won't be afraid to make any criticisms if it has problems and judge it's own merits. As for fanboys out there, they'll most likely trash the game for not being VC instead critiquing the actual product and being for the last-time, a spin-off.

Usually I'm ok with spin off but this time Majarra is absolutely right.

After a long hiatus, Valkyria should've returned with VC4 on PS4, not with a spin off that changes all the elements that made Valkyria 1 a success here (and Valkyria isn't a really successful series in Japan, so why cater to japanese audience only instead of western audience?)
    Last edited by City Hunter; 09-19-2016 at 04:39 AM.
    We want Panzer Dragoon SAGA 2 RPG on PS4 and other home consoles, please Sega, please Nagoshi!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueAdeptRogue View Post
    You are not making a whole lot of sense. Because first off, all successful franchises are allowed to branch off to spin off into hopefully something greater. I mean look at Mario, why do think fans are not mad at about having an RPG series or sports series because it's doing it's own thing and not straying away from platforming which Mario is well known for. Do I have to remind you with Metroid Prime after Super Metroid? That's what VC is doing. Let it do it's own thing. I mean the series hasn't been dormant in 4 years(VC3 Extra Edition) by the time this comment will be posted. I won't tell you how you spend your money, but listen they are very self aware about the fans of the original games and they were discussing about remaking 2 and 3 but right now they want to focus on VAR for now before they'll get into it. So being either cynical or over exaggerating about VAR not being VC4 regardless is saying you are pinning that game is the death of the series rather than this is something that Sega just wanted to put out something new and just want to expand the series by having a spin off. But no one can tell the difference. Not to mention, it took some if not most elements from the original trilogy.

Now, I do want it to be good,I do want to like it, but I won't be afraid to make any criticisms if it has problems and judge it's own merits. As for fanboys out there, they'll most likely trash the game for not being VC instead critiquing the actual product and being for the last-time, a spin-off.
    mario is one of the biggest and most recognizable brand names out there and can afford to fiddle with spin offs and side content. valkyria chronicles does not have this luxury. its a smaller srpg series that many argue has been handled in an awkward manner and the third game was never localized due to poor sales of 2. not that i blame them, as 2 is easily the worst in the series and game sales on psp dried up very quickly. the whole vc1 remaster they pushed recently for pc and ps4 made no sense considering the next game in the series is going to play nothing like it. there is no need to expand on the series, its not a huge series to begin with but it has its dedicated niche. if they didn't want to make a straight up 4 considering the rocky history the series has in english, then a game that plays the same but in a whole new setting (perhaps a ww1 inspired prequel where you play as welkin's dad, for example, or a more modern setting) would've been the best path possible and pleased long time fans as well as newer ones who may have gotten into the series with the pc or ps4 port.

now, even ignoring all this and judging it on the criteria it fits in, a spin off, it still looks like garbage. that tgs footage is an embarrassment. they really think this is what valkyria fans have been asking for after all these years and the amazing game that was vc3. nah, it's not for me. i hope you enjoy the game but call me when they make a real valkyria chronicles game that actually plays like one. if its a flop and it results in the death of the series, then i will respect it as one of last gens best trilogies and freshest series and replay vc1 and 3 every now and then.
    Quote Originally Posted by City Hunter View Post
    Usually I'm ok with spin off but this time Majarra is absolutely right.

After a long hiatus, Valkyria should've returned with VC4 on PS4, not with a spin off that changes all the elements that made Valkyria 1 a success here (and Valkyria isn't a really successful series in Japan, so why cater to japanese audience only instead of western audience?)
    eh i'm not so sure on that. the psp games were definitely cheaper to make and were aimed more at the japanese audience and they accepted it. i wouldn't be surprised if even with their lower sales, the psp games pulled in an overall better profit for sega. i mean vc2 did good enough for them to push out another sequel in just a year, and vc3 did good enough to warrant an updated rerelease. i do think vc has the potential to be one of sega's few games with global appeal though because the concept is striking and the gameplay is a very fun mix of strategy and action.

eh i'm not so sure on that. the psp games were definitely cheaper to make and were aimed more at the japanese audience and they accepted it. i wouldn't be surprised if even with their lower sales, the psp games pulled in an overall better profit for sega. i mean vc2 did good enough for them to push out another sequel in just a year, and vc3 did good enough to warrant an updated rerelease. i do think vc has the potential to be one of sega's few games with global appeal though because the concept is striking and the gameplay is a very fun mix of strategy and action.
    If we count only profits then yes, since developing on PSP cost less then developing on PS3, so you need to sell less copies to break even and make a profit.
    But if I remember correctly the PSP Valkyrias never reached the 500k in Japan, maybe they were lower than 300k too.

Instead Valkyria Chronicles reached 1 million on PS3 alone and other 800k (or more?) on PC, don't know the PS4 edition, but these numbers clearly say thet the core market of the series is in the WEST.

So why they focus on Japanese audience for Valkyria Azure Revolution?

Quote Originally Posted by City Hunter View Post
    If we count only profits then yes, since developing on PSP cost less then developing on PS3, so you need to sell less copies to break even and make a profit.
    But if I remember correctly the PSP Valkyrias never reached the 500k in Japan, maybe they were lower than 300k too.

Instead Valkyria Chronicles reached 1 million on PS3 alone and other 800k (or more?) on PC, don't know the PS4 edition, but these numbers clearly say thet the core market of the series is in the WEST.

So why they focus on Japanese audience for Valkyria Azure Revolution?
    well i'm one of the fans who jumped onto the series with the pc port of vc1 because i never had a ps3. i faintly remember trying the vc2 demo years ago but didn't enjoy it much, didn't know if it was me, the series, or the game, but after beating them all i can safely say it was the game. now correct me if i'm wrong, but i heard that vc1 only started to sell really good when it was $20-30 and was a bit of a dud to say the least before that. a majority of the pc sales i'd wager were also bought when the game was $5-10. i was one of those types, stacked coupons and gmg and got it cheap at launch but later redeemed my sins and bought and gifted two full price copies.

why they focus on japan for azure you ask? well you have to understand something about japanese companies, even if they see success in foreign markets, they are very dedicated and loyal to their own people first. if their main homeland audience isn't satisfied, they will change things up and try to appeal to them. that sense of nationalism and love for one's own people is awesome but it does result in cases like this sometimes. i hope they get this series back on track in the future though, but at this point it's hard to stay positive. like everything else, we'll just have to wait and see.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast