Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 50

Thread: Azure Revolution TGS Trailer

  1. #11
    Senior Member CertifiedFP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    507

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Majarra View Post
    well i'm one of the fans who jumped onto the series with the pc port of vc1 because i never had a ps3. i faintly remember trying the vc2 demo years ago but didn't enjoy it much, didn't know if it was me, the series, or the game, but after beating them all i can safely say it was the game. now correct me if i'm wrong, but i heard that vc1 only started to sell really good when it was $20-30 and was a bit of a dud to say the least before that. a majority of the pc sales i'd wager were also bought when the game was $5-10. i was one of those types, stacked coupons and gmg and got it cheap at launch but later redeemed my sins and bought and gifted two full price copies.

    why they focus on japan for azure you ask? well you have to understand something about japanese companies, even if they see success in foreign markets, they are very dedicated and loyal to their own people first. if their main homeland audience isn't satisfied, they will change things up and try to appeal to them. that sense of nationalism and love for one's own people is awesome but it does result in cases like this sometimes. i hope they get this series back on track in the future though, but at this point it's hard to stay positive. like everything else, we'll just have to wait and see.
    You attribute it to simple nationalism, but look where Capcom got themselves laser-focusing on western markets and neglecting Japan last gen.

    And I hate to say it, but pretty much every game developer ever (Except Capcom) has been primarily focused on their home-market above all else. This isn't unique to Japan or Sega. Otherwise, you get situations like Wizardry, where it went from a western developed series with a lot of sales in Japan - To a Japanese developed one with Jack as far as western localizations go. Or inversely, look at Dead Rising for an equivalent opposite to Wizardry's grim fate.
    Last edited by CertifiedFP; 09-21-2016 at 09:03 PM.
    #SteamRevolution - Bring Valkyria Revolution to PC as a follow-up to the first game's 900K and counting PC sales!

  2. #12
    Senior Member Majarra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4,147

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CertifiedFP View Post
    You attribute it to simple nationalism, but look where Capcom got themselves laser-focusing on western markets and neglecting Japan last gen.

    And I hate to say it, but pretty much every game developer ever (Except Capcom) has been primarily focused on their home-market above all else. This isn't unique to Japan or Sega. Otherwise, you get situations like Wizardry, where it went from a western developed series with a lot of sales in Japan - To a Japanese developed one with Jack as far as western localizations go. Or inversely, look at Dead Rising for an equivalent opposite to Wizardry's grim fate.
    true, but traditionalism in east asia is a different beast than in western territories. all i'm saying is, it's not really a big surprise that sega refocused valkyria chronicles into something japanese gamers would enjoy more, while throwing english fans under the bus. it doesn't negate how it sucks, but it's an interesting how the series ultimately unfolded anyway. i bet if 3 got an official release, it would be loved that much more. there's a big divide right now where people played the pc port and then disregard the others, calling them trash, because they're psp games and the covers and character designs are more anime with the big swords and black uniforms and such, a shame.

  3. #13
    Senior Member City Hunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    3,397

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Majarra View Post
    well i'm one of the fans who jumped onto the series with the pc port of vc1 because i never had a ps3. i faintly remember trying the vc2 demo years ago but didn't enjoy it much, didn't know if it was me, the series, or the game, but after beating them all i can safely say it was the game. now correct me if i'm wrong, but i heard that vc1 only started to sell really good when it was $20-30 and was a bit of a dud to say the least before that. a majority of the pc sales i'd wager were also bought when the game was $5-10. i was one of those types, stacked coupons and gmg and got it cheap at launch but later redeemed my sins and bought and gifted two full price copies.

    why they focus on japan for azure you ask? well you have to understand something about japanese companies, even if they see success in foreign markets, they are very dedicated and loyal to their own people first. if their main homeland audience isn't satisfied, they will change things up and try to appeal to them. that sense of nationalism and love for one's own people is awesome but it does result in cases like this sometimes. i hope they get this series back on track in the future though, but at this point it's hard to stay positive. like everything else, we'll just have to wait and see.
    Yes you're correct, the majority of VC sales on both PS3 and PC were at budget price, still those ar big numbers that really show the potential of this franchise.

    Yeah, loyalty toward your own nation is positive, but Sega should've learned something about ignoring West, after all the reason why they are now a simple publisher and not a leader anymore is because they focus only i nJapan and ignored the success in West during the hardware days.

    In this case sticking to Japanese audience means ruining AGAIN (the first time was with the downgrade to PSP to please the japanese gamers) the Valkyria series.
    http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7352/11403311736_d9378cea2e_o.jpg
    We want Panzer Dragoon SAGA 2 RPG on PS4 and other home consoles, please Sega, please Nagoshi!

  4. #14
    Senior Member City Hunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    3,397

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CertifiedFP View Post
    You attribute it to simple nationalism, but look where Capcom got themselves laser-focusing on western markets and neglecting Japan last gen.

    And I hate to say it, but pretty much every game developer ever (Except Capcom) has been primarily focused on their home-market above all else. This isn't unique to Japan or Sega. Otherwise, you get situations like Wizardry, where it went from a western developed series with a lot of sales in Japan - To a Japanese developed one with Jack as far as western localizations go. Or inversely, look at Dead Rising for an equivalent opposite to Wizardry's grim fate.
    Actually a lot of japanese companies like Square Enix, KoeiTecmo, Konami, Capcom etc. aim to western gamers first.
    Sega is the only one who doen't have a worldwide approach and aim only to japanese market, a very bad moves nowadays, that's why their game suffers a lot i nterm of sales and in teams of cerativity.
    http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7352/11403311736_d9378cea2e_o.jpg
    We want Panzer Dragoon SAGA 2 RPG on PS4 and other home consoles, please Sega, please Nagoshi!

  5. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by City Hunter View Post
    Usually I'm ok with spin off but this time Majarra is absolutely right.

    After a long hiatus, Valkyria should've returned with VC4 on PS4, not with a spin off that changes all the elements that made Valkyria 1 a success here (and Valkyria isn't a really successful series in Japan, so why cater to japanese audience only instead of western audience?)
    4-5 years is not a long hiatus. And if the point to make a spin off, why should it play everything exactly like with the originals, way to make a point there.lol

    Actually a lot of japanese companies like Square Enix, KoeiTecmo, Konami, Capcom etc. aim to western gamers first.
    Sega is the only one who doen't have a worldwide approach and aim only to japanese market, a very bad moves nowadays, that's why their game suffers a lot i nterm of sales and in teams of cerativity.
    And we should agree and listen to someone who wanted Alien Isolation to bomb for his desire that is clearly not "selfish" just for the company to put out more if not, focus all on Japanese games which not a lot of the titles will may not sell here and ignore western games?

  6. #16
    Senior Member City Hunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    3,397

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueAdeptRogue View Post
    4-5 years is not a long hiatus. And if the point to make a spin off, why should it play everything exactly like with the originals, way to make a point there.lol
    It's 7 years since Valkyria 1 on PS3...
    The problem is that the idea to use spin off to revive a series maybe was a mistake.

    It would be like to wait 7 years since the last Sonic game and revive him as a puzzle game, you can't play the "it's just a spin off" card...

    And we should agree and listen to someone who wanted Alien Isolation to bomb for his desire that is clearly not "selfish" just for the company to put out more if not, focus all on Japanese games which not a lot of the titles will may not sell here and ignore western games?
    And even if was, how my opinion on Alien Isolation invalid my statement about Azure Revolution?
    http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7352/11403311736_d9378cea2e_o.jpg
    We want Panzer Dragoon SAGA 2 RPG on PS4 and other home consoles, please Sega, please Nagoshi!

  7. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by City Hunter View Post
    It's 7 years since Valkyria 1 on PS3...
    The problem is that the idea to use spin off to revive a series maybe was a mistake.

    It would be like to wait 7 years since the last Sonic game and revive him as a puzzle game, you can't play the "it's just a spin off" card...
    I was talking about VC3 Extra Edition being the last VC game being released 4 years and 10 months and again not a long hiatus(Don't care if it counts). LMAO!



    And even if was, how my opinion on Alien Isolation invalid my statement about Azure Revolution?
    You trend for Sega to put Japanese games as a top priority above all else without thinking about their western games that has a strong following.

  8. #18
    Senior Member City Hunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    3,397

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueAdeptRogue View Post
    You trend for Sega to put Japanese games as a top priority above all else without thinking about their western games that has a strong following.
    Of course, because the western games are not real Sega gams being simply games developed by third party developers or that comes from acquired teams (no matter what, Persona 5, total war etc. will never be sega games).

    It would be different if Sega still had its own internal western teams like sega technical institute in the past.
    Last edited by City Hunter; 09-26-2016 at 04:45 AM.
    http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7352/11403311736_d9378cea2e_o.jpg
    We want Panzer Dragoon SAGA 2 RPG on PS4 and other home consoles, please Sega, please Nagoshi!

  9. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by City Hunter View Post
    Of course, because the western games are not real Sega gams being simply games developed by third party developers or that comes from acquired teams (no matter what, Persona 5, total war etc. will never be sega games).

    It would be different if Sega still had its own internal western teams like sega technical institute in the past.
    Such an elitist thing for you to say. Sega is already making money off of those two because they're footing the bill on those franchises, they're responsible for the fastest selling Persona game since Persona 1 and fastest selling Total War game in the entire franchise. And you want to seperate what is a Sega game and not one. Those things you say make me embarrassed not a Sega fan, not a gamer, but a human being. But hey, if that's how you see it, then there's no reason to support Shenmue 3 because that's not a real Sega game(no involvement) despite owning by the IP.

  10. #20
    Senior Member City Hunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    3,397

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueAdeptRogue View Post
    Such an elitist thing for you to say. Sega is already making money off of those two because they're footing the bill on those franchises, they're responsible for the fastest selling Persona game since Persona 1 and fastest selling Total War game in the entire franchise. And you want to seperate what is a Sega game and not one. Those things you say make me embarrassed not a Sega fan, not a gamer, but a human being. But hey, if that's how you see it, then there's no reason to support Shenmue 3 because that's not a real Sega game(no involvement) despite owning by the IP.
    I think it's more embarassing to use non-Sega games just to say that Sega is doing ok.
    Sega is not responsible for anything, Atlus is responsible for the fastes selling Persona game, SegaSammy was just lucky to own the company when this thing happened, nothing more.

    Well maybe we can thank Sega too for not destroying Atlus like they did with their own teams, this is the only merits that I can think of.

    Shenmue 3 is not Sega game, it's a Suzuki game
    and Suzuki is more Sega's than the 90% of the poeple who work currently in Sega in Japan, America and Europe, but maybe it's too hard to udnerstand for people who believe that total war and perosna are real sega games, so nevermind.
    http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7352/11403311736_d9378cea2e_o.jpg
    We want Panzer Dragoon SAGA 2 RPG on PS4 and other home consoles, please Sega, please Nagoshi!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •