Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Azure Revolution TGS Trailer

Any hope for a Steam port?

wouldn't be insane to expect it. they'll probably announce a localization of the game a few months after the japanese one is released, ignore the vita port, and instead make it ps4/pc for the english release.

For those interested in playing the demo, you might want to read this:

Earlier on, SEGA of Japan had noted that they would be releasing a demo of Valkyria: Azure Revolution to the general public. They have now opened a website where people can pre-register to receive the demo, as well as other bonus items that will be available at the game’s launch. You can pre-register on the official website here, simply by entering your e-mail address. The demo will be released on November 20, but note that you need to register before November 19 if you want to receive it. You’ll probably need a Japanese Playstation Store account to redeem it.
    Credit goes to Segalization.

Brand new footage showcasing an entire different area (I think?):

And for those interested, here's a couple of new screenshots via Dualshockers.

PS: I know I'm biased, but this game doesn't look good at all.

I agree if it wasn't for the resolution I could say that those are screens from the PSvita version.

And it does even support PS4 Pro, I mean if the game barely use the PS4 power, how can it be improved by PS4 Pro?
    http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7352/11403311736_d9378cea2e_o.jpg
    We want Panzer Dragoon SAGA 2 RPG on PS4 and other home consoles, please Sega, please Nagoshi!

They're probably going to increase the resolution. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yeah, it was confirmed for PS4 Pro, no specifics though.
    #SteamRevolution - Bring Valkyria Revolution to PC as a follow-up to the first game's 900K and counting PC sales!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueAdeptRogue View Post
    Like I said, what is the harm of having a spin off and allowing it to do it's own thing without impacting the series as a whole? And no, playing exactly like the originals in terms of everything is not an option.
    Some of the various harms:

- Completely screwing over the setting with Will Smith Wild Wild West giant mecha-arthropods and beating those FFVII giant swords and ruining it for any further games both spin-off and mainline

- Ruining the games' image for both fans and targeted gamers, it looks like a generic JRPG in all means with the stupid costumes and whatnot

- Further diminishing any chances of a proper mainline game as they'll either claim "this spin-off is what fans want" or "fans are no longer interested in the franchise" if this succeeds or fails, their bases are covered to avoid a VC4 because if they wanted to do it, they'd do once in 7 years

- Distracting the fans of the series from demanding VC4 and leeching off the franchise's name to sell a game that would normally bomb if it was a random new-name JRPG

I don't mind spin-offs if they're faithful to the setting and atmosphere, which this game is not. It's an absolute travesty and poops all over WWII-style combat and setting. It could as well be named Tales of Valkyria since it has much more to do with Tales of series.

While as a fan of the main game who liked the spin-off demo, I need to agree with some points mentioned by Ultramarinus.
    If they wanted to make an interesting spin-off, maybe they should create sth that we'd call in the west Valkyria Universalis and not Tales of Valkyria.
    And it's hard to see the graphic design as a painting - it's just a slight effect mainly seen on close-ups on characters, nothing else.

Nevertheless, I'd get it day one if it's released in English.

New story trailer:

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345