Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 28 of 28

Thread: Am I the only one who likes this game?

  1. #21
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reichskommissar View Post
    Lost world has less content than Generations though, and you there's more than just boost, jump, die and repeat in Generations. Did you actually play those games?
    Yes, I did, even maxed it out on steam. The most memorable moments were side missions and the car section on Heroes map. Beside it there is not much of a gameplay. LW on the other hand was fun to play, playing with walldash was very fun, collecting red rings, 2d sections, I remember so much levels, because I didnt boosted through it i 1 second, and other little details that made the game enjoyable.
    To me Generations is just a nice quick game you can quickly forget about. Beside the side missions I dont really remember much even tho maixng it out, while I remember so much of LW despite beating it once

  2. #22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GaroK View Post
    Yes, I did, even maxed it out on steam. The most memorable moments were side missions and the car section on Heroes map. Beside it there is not much of a gameplay. LW on the other hand was fun to play, playing with walldash was very fun, collecting red rings, 2d sections, I remember so much levels, because I didnt boosted through it i 1 second, and other little details that made the game enjoyable.
    To me Generations is just a nice quick game you can quickly forget about. Beside the side missions I dont really remember much even tho maixng it out, while I remember so much of LW despite beating it once
    The thing is, Lost world has less content and is way less interesting or fun to play compared to Generations. You say you maxed everything out, but then you say boosted through it in 1 second, which really hurts your credibility as doing it so fast is impossible. Besides, Lost world has the spin boost which functions pretty much like the boost, except that it's limitless.

    Also, Generations also had red rings for the player to collect, as well as 2D sections, but with better physics and controls compared to Lost world and more interesting level design with more alternative paths and areas to explore.


  3. #23
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reichskommissar View Post
    The thing is, Lost world has less content and is way less interesting or fun to play compared to Generations. Besides, Lost world has the spin boost which functions pretty much like the boost, except that it's limitless.

    Also, Generations also had red rings for the player to collect, as well as 2D sections, but with better physics and controls compared to Lost world and more interesting level design with more alternative paths and areas to explore.

    More levels, levels you can actually explore and have fun on it instead of boosting through it in one second, and the gameplay, LW have alot more of it than G. The fun in the amount Generations never gave me. Same with red rings. About the 2d sections in generations they were'nt very good either, LW had at least Parkour and Walldash which was just damn fun.
    ,
    oh and the unique levels, like the railing(railing that was just better than in generations), or the snowball one. I know this maybe doesn't really suits to sonic game and "sawnic is sawnic he suposed to run fwst only" but these were a really nice brake from normal gameplay.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reichskommissar View Post
    You say you maxed everything out, but then you say boosted through it in 1 second, which really hurts your credibility as doing it so fast is impossible.
    Just. LOL.
    Last edited by GaroK; 04-20-2017 at 01:02 PM.

  4. #24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GaroK View Post
    More levels, levels you can actually explore and have fun on it instead of boosting through it in one second, and the gameplay, LW have alot more of it than G. The fun in the amount Generations never gave me. Same with red rings. About the 2d sections in generations they were'nt very good either, LW had at least Parkour and Walldash which was just damn fun.
    You know, there's nothing that actually forces you to boost through it, and even if you do it will most certainly won't be in one second. Are you sure you actually played the game? You can actually let go off the boost, and explore and considering it has bigger levels there's more of it for the player to explore. For instance, stages in the scope and size to Seaside hill act 2 are non-existent in Lost world. The 2D sections in Generations are not the best, but they are better than what Lost world offers in that regard. The parkour mechanic in Lost world has serious issue, especially in its flow and momentum, not to mention how clunky and un-intuitive it is.

    Just. LOL.
    The best thing you could do was to prove me wrong, instead of throwing non-responses.


  5. #25
    Senior Member Silver Roy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Murica
    Posts
    427

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reichskommissar View Post
    You know, there's nothing that actually forces you to boost through it, and even if you do it will most certainly won't be in one second. Are you sure you actually played the game? You can actually let go off the boost, and explore and considering it has bigger levels there's more of it for the player to explore. For instance, stages in the scope and size to Seaside hill act 2 are non-existent in Lost world. The 2D sections in Generations are not the best, but they are better than what Lost world offers in that regard. The parkour mechanic in Lost world has serious issue, especially in its flow and momentum, not to mention how clunky and un-intuitive it is.
    He quite OBVIOUSLY didn't complete it in one second but Generations was a fast experience, also Generations has the ability to let go of the boost but the game itself encourages you to boost with its level design, Majority of Red Rings are easily found presenting little challenge in Generations while Lost World required mastery of the parkour system


    The best thing you could do was to prove me wrong, instead of throwing non-responses.
    Read the first sentence

  6. #26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silver Roy View Post
    He quite OBVIOUSLY didn't complete it in one second but Generations was a fast experience, also Generations has the ability to let go of the boost but the game itself encourages you to boost with its level design, Majority of Red Rings are easily found presenting little challenge in Generations while Lost World required mastery of the parkour system
    The thing is, Generations does not punish you for slowing down and taking your time exploring or what not. So whining that it's nothing but boosting through stages is ultimately whining about ones own chosen playstyle, a playstyle that can be chosen to play Lost world as well, with its limitless spin boost mechanic.

    And, no kidding he didn't actually complete it in one second, it's obvious he didn't play the game at all. The hyperbole's and the user "not remembering" much of it, are convenient make up to hide ones inexperience with the game.


  7. #27
    Senior Member Silver Roy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Murica
    Posts
    427

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reichskommissar View Post
    The thing is, Generations does not punish you for slowing down and taking your time exploring or what not. So whining that it's nothing but boosting through stages is ultimately whining about ones own chosen playstyle, a playstyle that can be chosen to play Lost world as well, with its limitless spin boost mechanic.

    And, no kidding he didn't actually complete it in one second, it's obvious he didn't play the game at all. The hyperbole's and the user "not remembering" much of it, are convenient make up to hide ones inexperience with the game.
    It somewhat does punish you because not using the Boost will net you a low ranking, and I also recall some moments where you HAVE to use boost to not die such as the falling bridge in Green Hill

    Also Its not fair to assume that someone didn't complete the game because they found it forgettable

  8. #28
    Senior Member SunMerc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Hakugyokurou
    Posts
    6,241

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silver Roy View Post
    It somewhat does punish you because not using the Boost will net you a low ranking, and I also recall some moments where you HAVE to use boost to not die such as the falling bridge in Green Hill

    Also Its not fair to assume that someone didn't complete the game because they found it forgettable
    Actually, it doesn't have much impact on your rank at all, since the ranking system is very forgiving.

    I was messing around in Green Hill, trying to find extra routes and stuff, then, I got to the end and still got the S rank.
    Finished Security Hall M4 no hints in 0'46"62


Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •