Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 31 to 37 of 37

Thread: Am I the only one who likes this game?

  1. #31
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    43

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reichskommissar View Post
    And guess what, you can do all of that in Generations as well. This is exactly what I mean when saying that it doesn't seem like you actually played the game, the high level of ignorance you show toward it.
    Well I know you can do it in generations, but all of this is better in LW. As I said maps and controls are not made for walking around it, rings are mostly placed on your boosting way, I don't remember freeing animals in generations except for some 2d classic sonic level(such exploring). I thought you won't even think to compare it all to LW.

    Quote Originally Posted by Reichskommissar View Post
    That's a misconception, if anything Generations has more gameplay than what Lost world offers.
    Very wrong. As someone said the boost does not have much gameplay. In fact boost is so simple(and boring) mechanic that every boost game needs some kind of gimmick like werehog, 2d Colors and classic sonic.
    Last edited by GaroK; 04-23-2017 at 12:21 PM.

  2. #32
    Senior Member Reichskommissar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    11,459

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GaroK View Post
    Well I know you can do it in generations, but all of this is better in LW. As I said maps and controls are not made for walking around it, rings are mostly placed on your boosting way, I don't remember freeing animals in generations except for some 2d classic sonic level(such exploring). I thought you won't even think to compare it all to LW.
    The notion that it's better in Lost world is a misconception, for one the level design is more open in Generations giving you more space and opportunities to explore about, the level design (maps) in Lost world are very limited and linear in comparison. The controls and physics are also better in Generations, as they take momentum into account and have dynamic manoeuvring which makes controlling the game all the more natural.

    It's true that there are no animals in Generations to collect, that's definitely for the better. In lost world they serve little purpose outside of artificially padding out the game, forcing the player to collect them and waste time.

    Very wrong. As someone said the boost does not have much gameplay. In fact boost is so simple(and boring) mechanic that every boost game needs some kind of gimmick like werehog, 2d Colors and classic sonic.
    You do realise that every modern Sonic heavily relies on so called gimmicks, right? Look at the SA games, they have treasure hunting, fishing, stealth and mech shooting, that pads those games out and takes up more space than the gimmicks in the boost games. Heroes has the team gimmick which permeates the whole game, Shadow has guns and vehicles, 06 has vehicles and telekinesis. And don't forget Lost world which is filled with various gimmicks including 2D.

    So every modern Sonic game, with or without boost, has needed a gimmick or three in order to make up for the lacklustre core gameplay, lost world is no exception, if anything it's one of the bigger offenders in that regard.


  3. #33
    Junior Member SuperTurrican's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    13

    Default

    Very late to the party, but I've always thought that Sonic Lost World could be compared to 'We Can't Dance' by Genesis.

    It sounds crazy but hear me out:

    Both of them set out to repeat the strengths of the comeback era (Adventure/80s Genesis), while also trying to be similar to the classic era, alongside doing new things too.

    This combination works to a degree, but at the end of the day it just makes people wish that they had gone all out in one direction, instead of a mishmash with new ideas.

    All in all, I give We Can't Dance a 3/5.
    Last edited by SuperTurrican; 05-03-2017 at 11:43 PM.

  4. #34
    Senior Member SonikkuEkkusu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    The Catastrophe  Title:     Black Fallen Angel
    Posts
    4,824

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperTurrican View Post
    Very late to the party, but I've always thought that Sonic Lost World could be compared to 'We Can't Dance' by Genesis.

    It sounds crazy but hear me out:

    Both of them set out to repeat the strengths of the comeback era (Adventure/80s Genesis), while also trying to be similar to the classic era, alongside doing new things too.

    This combination works to a degree, but at the end of the day it just makes people wish that they had gone all out in one direction, instead of a mishmash with new ideas.

    All in all, I give We Can't Dance a 3/5.
    This post just gave me a reason to get on the forums more frequently, lmao.
    Check out Project Drive!

    "Yami de shika sabakenai tsumi ga aru..."

  5. #35
    Senior Member MacJesus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,175

    Default

    I liked it but it lacked consistency. SO many different styles of levels with varying degrees of preference makes it hard to enjoy the game as a whole.

  6. #36

    Default

    I REALLY want to like this game...it's just WAY TOO SLOW and way too gimmicky.... I never liked how some levels get like 3 or 4 acts, I don't care if "that's how classic sonic games did it," it gets disorienting and makes the levels feel like the overstay their welcome.

    Plus, why does Sega feel the need to nerf Super Sonic? In Riders he looses rings WAY TOO FAST when drifting and boosting, in Generations he's too slow and has a pathetic jump and looses rings WAY TOO FAST when boosting, in Lost World he dies when he runs into a small door when grindrailing...I swear this game kills Super Sonic with so many instant kills...it's ridiculous.

  7. #37
    Senior Member the Ys guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    .........
    Posts
    24,254

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaffeineRush View Post
    I REALLY want to like this game...it's just WAY TOO SLOW and way too gimmicky.... I never liked how some levels get like 3 or 4 acts, I don't care if "that's how classic sonic games did it," it gets disorienting and makes the levels feel like the overstay their welcome.

    Plus, why does Sega feel the need to nerf Super Sonic? In Riders he looses rings WAY TOO FAST when drifting and boosting, in Generations he's too slow and has a pathetic jump and looses rings WAY TOO FAST when boosting, in Lost World he dies when he runs into a small door when grindrailing...I swear this game kills Super Sonic with so many instant kills...it's ridiculous.
    Try the 3ds version. I liked it, I didn't love it thought. If you're vigilant you'll see ways to use parkour to speed up even frozen factot act 3 or tropical coast act 1. This game is competently programmed but some fans don't like DIMPS.
    Banned for a week.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •