Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is this game really that bad?

Dude, Lost World is great! Preach it brother, PREACH IT!

It's kinda subjective, but the thing that makes me hate Lost World is that it never feels good to play. That's what I look for in a Sonic game, I want it to feel good.

I mean, where do I begin with that? The controls are ridiculously precise and sensitive, Sonic goes from 0 to top speed in an instant, he turns on an absolute dime, the level design is blocky and precise, the jumping is stiff. Parkour never feels natural to use at all.

Here's the thing, to me the most absolute important thing in a Sonic game is feel. I'll fully admit that games like Adventure 1 and 2, and yes Sonic 06, are buggy games that are full of jank, but they at least FEEL good to play. Lost World doesn't have that. It's just an all around uncomfortable experience.

its the worst game in the series; no other sonic game tries to copy mario as hard as this one. that is the biggest sin a sonic game could make to me personally and its why the series has been in a slope for years now. safe, bland design choices, tons of 2D, and gutting any elements of speed because bad kids couldn't handle it or said its to automated, like sonic moving fast is a problem.

a flaw of that magnitude is enough to make the game trash but there's also the bad controls and awkward physics, inconsistent and weak, gimmick filled levels, cringe worthy story, dialogue, and characters that is also the worst in the series so far, art design took a major hit from previous games, and the soundtrack sounds like it could be from mario sunshine or galaxy, ergo its not sonic like at all and is bad. the game is utterly appalling and the biggest stain on the series in its 25 years. lost world makes 06 look like a masterpiece.

It's not bad, but at the same time, it's not really good, either. It's pretty mediocre game with it's poorly explained controls, an overdose of gimmicky levels, lackluster boss battles, and clunky 2D platforming sections. Again, it''s not all bad, as the game looks pretty decent, running at a solid 60FPS, the parkour can be fun at times, and the game is extremely polished, but with it's problems, the game just feels like a major step-down from Colors, Generations, and (this is debatable) Unleashed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mario_Sonic_Megaman View Post
    Not at all. In fact, it's still one of the 'good ones' (meaning Colors and beyond) as far as the main series goes. That's completely excluding the Boom spin-off series BTW.
    >implying Sonic 4: Episode 2 and All Stars Racing: Transformed were good
    Quote Originally Posted by Majarra View Post
    its the worst game in the series; no other sonic game tries to copy mario as hard as this one. that is the biggest sin a sonic game could make to me personally and its why the series has been in a slope for years now. safe, bland design choices, tons of 2D, and gutting any elements of speed because bad kids couldn't handle it or said its to automated, like sonic moving fast is a problem.

a flaw of that magnitude is enough to make the game trash but there's also the bad controls and awkward physics, inconsistent and weak, gimmick filled levels, cringe worthy story, dialogue, and characters that is also the worst in the series so far, art design took a major hit from previous games, and the soundtrack sounds like it could be from mario sunshine or galaxy, ergo its not sonic like at all and is bad. the game is utterly appalling and the biggest stain on the series in its 25 years. lost world makes 06 look like a masterpiece.
    You... didn't actually play the game, did you?
    Last edited by Monobear; 02-26-2017 at 10:51 AM.

...nope

I actually really like this game and still play it fairly often.

A lot of people say it isn't as good as Generations or Colors and I guess I can agree with that but it's really different in many ways so I can't really compare them to each other. I liked the way it played overall. It was the first Sonic game in a while to really focus on platforming and not just over the top speed sections.

Was it perfect? No, but it seems like as soon as this game came out, it was just super hated and I don't know why... it really doesn't have any game breaking glitches or annoying features that make it annoying to play. There were a few levels I didn't care for but with that comes an awesome amount of variety too.

At this point, I'm just impressed when SEGA makes new levels. Even in this game, they rip off several Sonic levels of the past or elements of them but at times, they create new levels and much like Colors, I found that refreshing rather than more nostalgia thrown our way. The story was pretty cheesy and lame but again, that's not really why I play Sonic games at this point.

I'd say this is a 8/10 type game.

If you like Mario games or SA2, this is good for you.

But for me, it's even worse.

i saw this game at the first time, and saw direktly nintendo in this game, but its a cool game too offcourse its cool on steam controller with touchpads too mates

I personally liked this game a lot. Quite different controls than other Sonic games is a nice change. I find it good that this time Sonic's not so OP, regularly badniks take one hit to deffeat, but in this game the gameplay is actually challenging.

I am not played this game, but I watch gameplays to this games, and I would like to play for PC. I do not know you

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast