Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is this game really that bad?

Default Is this game really that bad?

epic english
    I honestly think this is absolutely the best sonic game since SA2(the gameplay is still better than boost, but I agree the story is bad) but the mixed steam reviews are just huring my eye, I just don't understand it. Just because you had booring hold boost&jump before, so now "dat sawnic gam s 2slofw"? Someone please explain.

I personally loved Lost World. : 3
    DeviantArt - YouTube - NewGrounds

Proud fan of both Mario and Sonic​.

This game's """"""spindash"""""" is just boost, except it's infinite and really slow. There's no momentum, controls are way too tight and unresponsive (especially parkour. Great idea, atrocious execution. Oh, and snowball section...). Enemies are cheap (when you think you can use Homing Attack on an enemy, but it hits you instead, because you had to use kick first. Or vice versa. How do you know? Trial and error - you can't tell it by enemy design), obstacles are stupidly cheap (so many times you are punished with instant death when you simply don't even know what to do). Bosses are primitive (and Zavok is ridiculous. How are you supposed to figure out the way you finish him?). Art style is primitive (I don't even care about bouncing lights or whatever, just give me something to look at!).

Music is truly the biggest disappointment, as it's repetitive, lacks drive and instrumental variety; it reminds me of things that can be heard in commercials, shopping malls, radio... that noise, I expect Sonic music to be different, energizing - even freaking 06 had amazing soundtrack.

PC port is a mess. Locked framerate, no true fullscreen and many other issues. They made an experimental patch that addresses some issues (at the cost of adding more, hence the "experimental" part), but that went nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by GaroK View Post
    epic english
    I honestly think this is absolutely the best sonic game since SA2(the gameplay is still better than boost, but I agree the story is bad) but the mixed steam reviews are just huring my eye, I just don't understand it. Just because you had booring hold boost&jump before, so now "dat sawnic gam s 2slofw"? Someone please explain.
    SA2 was pretty awful, and has been surpassed by several games both before and after it. This game isn't good either, and a clear step back from the efforts preceding it.

epic english
    I think reviewers were overwhelmed by options, so they mostly ran instead of spin-dashing.
    I really like Lost World.

FUN IS INFINITE.

Sonic Advance trilogy, Sonic Unleashed, Sonic Colors and Sonic Boom Fire & Ice should be on PC.

The Catastrophe  Title:     Black Fallen Angel

epic english
    Both SA2 and Lost World make me wanna vomit.
    Check out Project Drive!

"Yami de shika sabakenai tsumi ga aru..."

How one of the best sonic games can make you vomit?

The Catastrophe  Title:     Black Fallen Angel

Because they are both garbage.
    Check out Project Drive!

"Yami de shika sabakenai tsumi ga aru..."

One of the best Sonic games? SA2? SA2 can barely even be classified as a Sonic game, I mean 2/3rds of it have nothing to do with Sonic. And the last third is a poor and shallow attempt to a Sonic game.

But boost games aren't looking like a sonic games from 90s either and are less fun. SA2 is the most fun t play for me.
    Last edited by GaroK; 11-08-2016 at 12:11 PM.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast