Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Sonic Lost World 2"

Default "Sonic Lost World 2"

I'd personally like to see a sequel to SLW as I enjoyed the game though because it was a WiiU exclusive, poorly detailed controls and mixed-feedback we might never see a second one. I'm sure the PC version (no gimmicky controls like on the WiiU with the GamePad) is a lot better but it doesn't have the Yoshi/Zelda DLC stages.

If they didn't stick with the gameplay from Colours or Generations with Lost World, then what makes you think that there is any chance that the coarsely contrived gameplay of Lost World stands a chance at continuance? Project 2017 is already looking like Generations 2. There's not even any story between Sonic Colours and Sonic Lost World, which I consider to be the Marioesque subseries of Sonic, characterised by Mario influences, Pontaff writing, and wisps as a gameplay element.

The Steam audience was an afterthought. The game was originally designed for a Nintendo audience, and was ported to Steam as a quick cost-effective way to get a fresh game out.

Sources:
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...-to-mario-fans
    http://www.tssznews.com/2013/07/03/i...ic-lost-world/
    http://mynintendonews.com/2013/07/29...ic-lost-world/
    Last edited by Nibiko; 12-19-2016 at 11:17 PM. Reason: sources

Recent fav house: Zzyzx (Sergey Shemet Remix) Recent fav trance: Beside You (Startail Remix)
    Can the eel come out to play?

I personally would not mind such a game, though I would like it to be faster in many ways, for that would make it more fun to me. I'd keep the parkour, though.

I'd just rather some of Lost World's ideas taken and implemented in other games. The parkour has potential, but it needs to be fluid, not static. I like the control scheme, minus the run button, that shouldn't exist in a Sonic game. I like how Sonic controls, but the game's weird level design coupled with bad physics, did not allow for any good implementation of it.

The weird level design needs to go, physics need improvement, level themes could use more variety, and fix the spindash so you don't have to be jumping all the time.
    McBragg'd, noun: A state in which a user argued incessantly over an idea in an unpleasable manner, often resulting in contempt and/or drama.
    The super villain, Dr. Eggman, discovers a powerful Ragnium element in Ragna Rock island which can fuel his robots and make them faster than Sonic.

If they change the story writers then ok. Gameplay is way more fun than boost then I would be happy to see LW2.

isn't going to happen, if you look at the reveal trailer of the next Sonic game the intro suggests fast gameplay and boosting is coming back with a dark theme.

MrFranklin "UltraHD Brotherhood" Grandmaster
    In celebration of fourth generation 3D graphics
    and the coming of Pro consoles.
    Join us.

Oh please... God no, no,NO, NOOOO!

Quote Originally Posted by Jman exe View Post
    Oh please... God no, no,NO, NOOOO!
    Why? The only thing that happens with sequels are improvements or new features.

Quote Originally Posted by SonikkuHusbandu View Post
    but it doesn't have the Yoshi/Zelda DLC stages.
    Yet.
    Wait for mods.

FUN IS INFINITE.

Sonic Advance trilogy, Sonic Unleashed, Sonic Colors and Sonic Boom Fire & Ice should be on PC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast