Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Valkyria Revolution coming to the West in 2017

Nah thanks, hearing the same ol' tale for 7 years now. Fool me seven times, shame on me.

And the news basically has nothing to offer. It could as well be a pachinko machine like Sega made for Persona 4.

Ordinarily I'd already moved on. VC is so good it is really sad how SEGA is treating the IP.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultramarinus View Post
    Nah thanks, hearing the same ol' tale for 7 years now. Fool me seven times, shame on me.

And the news basically has nothing to offer. It could as well be a pachinko machine like Sega made for Persona 4.
    I rather believe or better yet trust what developers say than listening to certain click bait. And it is kinda your fault for waiting a yearly for some piece of news regarding the series.
    But seriously, everyone needs to get off the franchise is dead because they made a spin off and franchise is dead because there is a slot machine mentality.

Quote Originally Posted by mbpopolano24 View Post
    Ordinarily I'd already moved on. VC is so good it is really sad how SEGA is treating the IP.
    If you want to see real mistreatment on franchise(s), one word:

Because otherwise Revolution is last thing to call "mistreating" for the whole franchise

I'm going to have to agree with BlueAdeptRogue, people are overreacting. I imagine if SEGA says the series isn't dead, than they must have plans for it. Especially with their recent "Road to 2020" plans.

Overreacting??? VC was published in 2008. VC is one of best games ever created. It was a masterpiece. It was released again for PC in 2014 and sold about 1 million copies. How this IP was treated in the last 10 years? Two vastly inferior sequels, one never even translated in English, and this new abomination. If this is not mistreating the IP I don't know what is.

If by overreacting you mean that there are more important problems in the world, sure, by all means. But as long as games go, I have a hard time finding a worst example. Do you want to learn something? See how Larian Studios has treated their Divinity Original Sin acclaimed IP. Published in 2014, it got an Enhanced Edition in 2015 and the a wonderful sequel is about to come out now, just 3 years later. Three games in three years. Three wonderful games, albeit two of them very similar, in three years. Ten years of waiting faithfully and patiently for SEGA to get their collective heads out of their and what do we get? A plan for the road to 2020... please.

Quote Originally Posted by mbpopolano24 View Post
    Overreacting??? VC was published in 2008. VC is one of best games ever created. It was a masterpiece. It was released again for PC in 2014 and sold about 1 million copies. How this IP was treated in the last 10 years? Two vastly inferior sequels, one never even translated in English, and this new abomination. If this is not mistreating the IP I don't know what is.
    It's questionable why they put the other two on a handheld, but at the same time they did want to test their waters on a handheld and it was double-edged sword for everyone. in other words it failure here and a success in Japan. Also they did say making a sequel on a console requires a bigger budget. 2 and 3 despite being on handheld, were great. As for Revolution, it's a okay game but they could've made something better of it. And I painfully stress it, but fans really need to stop treating this game as the end of the franchise. It's a spin-off, even thou I said it main times but this isn't like it's going kill the series off for not being VC4. Spin-offs are side projects, something that will have little to no impact for the future of the franchise. Look at Prime Federation Forces, combined with "nobody" wants and poor sales, many believed the Metroid series was dead, but long behold a remake and a Prime sequel.

If by overreacting you mean that there are more important problems in the world, sure, by all means. But as long as games go, I have a hard time finding a worst example. Do you want to learn something? See how Larian Studios has treated their Divinity Original Sin acclaimed IP. Published in 2014, it got an Enhanced Edition in 2015 and the a wonderful sequel is about to come out now, just 3 years later. Three games in three years. Three wonderful games, albeit two of them very similar, in three years. Ten years of waiting faithfully and patiently for SEGA to get their collective heads out of their and what do we get? A plan for the road to 2020... please.
    It's easy to believe them than you have us accepting that Revolution is the final nail to the series. I guess not getting anything new Valkyria related for 5 years will tip off some individuals due to them for waiting that long. However even thou you are upset, but take my advice with a grain of salt. Even thou they said it's a "spin-off", what if they already have plans of making VC4 since the beginning in their road to 2020, what was all the complaints we said about Revolution do for the company? Did we give the company constructive legit complaints or did we cry and stomp our feet because we didn't get that birthday gift we all ask for.
    Btw it was less than a decade the series made it's debut, and Sega has been fair on what we care about the series.

Just bought the Limited Edition. Didn't have time to play the game, just listened to the soundtrack selections - I love the music already *.*

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123