Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Just admit it! Lost world 3DS is better.

Sonic Lost World on the Wii U was a mediocre package all around, while Sonic Lost World on the 3DS started off strong but quickly dropped quality midway through the second world when every level becomes twenty minutes long and filled with puzzles.

I'll take the three minutes of mediocrity over the twenty minute long torture session.

Senior Member UnknownDarkness??'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the Ys guy View Post
    Okay. Well here a tip

Run on top of the water in the beginning and when you go to the under water section use the hover craft or make large spin dash jumps to the walls that can be run on.
    The Drill wisp controls were bad in 3D that's it.
    YouTube Channel is U.D Playthroughs.
    I update gameplay content regularly so check it out.
    Currently recording Ape Escape 3 & Donkey Kong 64 on the channel.

Quote Originally Posted by Vertette View Post
    Sonic Lost World on the Wii U was a mediocre package all around, while Sonic Lost World on the 3DS started off strong but quickly dropped quality midway through the second world when every level becomes twenty minutes long and filled with puzzles.

I'll take the three minutes of mediocrity over the twenty minute long torture session.
    You can get around the puzzles, the RC gadget breaks most of the puzzles. I saw a playthrough were players died numerous times and were given a RC power up that would allow them to make it pass everything but they refused because of code of honor or something and continued to die and crap on the game.

Quote Originally Posted by UnknownDarkness?? View Post
    The Drill wisp controls were bad in 3D that's it.
    There are alternatives although I do wish the drill wisp controlled like an arkwing from star fox.

Quote Originally Posted by the Ys guy View Post
    You can get around the puzzles, the RC gadget breaks most of the puzzles. I saw a playthrough were players died numerous times and were given a RC power up that would allow them to make it pass everything but they refused because of code of honor or something and continued to die and crap on the game.
    I'd find it pretty insulting being offered that, even if the levels were hot garbage. Means they should've designed better levels rather than implementing ways to break the already existing levels.

I'd find it pretty insulting being offered that, even if the levels were hot garbage. Means they should've designed better levels rather than implementing ways to break the already existing levels.
    How else are they suppose to support the player? If they keep dying what else should be done? It not like it's being forced and they are puzzles. If you don't want the rc to appear die less.

If it's that painful to take offered help maybe they should just make an automatic no rings, no lives, boring route. This way the player can finally stop blaming the level for their deaths. This game doesn't have too many glitches so skill is the main evaluation.

They should have just made a non-garbage game. That's all there is to it. The fact that you can skip some of the garbage doesn't redeem it.

They should have just made a non-garbage game. That's all there is to it. The fact that you can skip some of the garbage doesn't redeem it.
    Oh so having an open environment that you can approach anyway you want is garbage. having options is garbage design? A lot of complaints stem from the fact this is a sonic game and sonic shouldn't have puzzles. A piece of the puzzle is figuring out how to progress and if you figure out something that works for you it's still garbage? You can do things the hard way or the easy way and just because you pick the hard way most of the time doesn't mean the game is bad.

People die in dark souls a lot and never could, would, or should you ever say the game is cheap. You will be greeted by cynical players that will tell you to "git gud". Every single level in this game can be challenged with the RC and all options are not limited. Some level are too long like they tried to meet a quota for some foolish executive but at the end of the day The parkore, RC will always get you through when you decide to play the game the way you want to.

I looked into the negative reception of this game and I found something out that was horrible. I found out how agenda and sonic fans sites with almost no traffic managed to influence scores on metacritic.
    Last edited by the Ys guy; 01-15-2017 at 09:16 AM.

The 3DS version was a pain in the to play. level design was , stages dragged on for too long, and they somehow managed to make a Special Stage worse than the one in Sonic Heroes.
    ​​

Quote Originally Posted by Smash The Oni View Post
    The 3DS version was a pain in the to play. level design was , stages dragged on for too long, and they somehow managed to make a Special Stage worse than the one in Sonic Heroes.[/
    Not if you had a spinning chair or taped the 3DS to your face. lol

Yes a few level were too long but that problem can be fixed with a sequel and I've covered the options.

Never played the 3ds version but the bosses looked better to me

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast