Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617

Thread: What should they do with Shadow in future games?

Quote Originally Posted by SunMerc View Post
    Naah, that's not a very accurate representation of him.

His personality should be that of SA2.
    I know it's not accurate, but with his SA2-ShtH story being done it's the only way they can use him.
    Clark Kent the Wolf

Quote Originally Posted by New the Chameleon View Post
    I know it's not accurate, but with his SA2-ShtH story being done it's the only way they can use him.
    I guess so...

Some characters (like Silver) are only good for one game, after all. Shadow wasn't even meant to come back.
    "Your adventuring days are coming to an end!"
    -Shadow the Hedgehog, 2001

He needs to be the ruthless dark anti hero he should have been in Sonic X and Archie(except more competent and less a lackey of gun). In fact get rid of Gun as a staple of his character, and have him be a full blown loner like The Punisher, seeking to destroy and eliminate any and all evil of corruption with extreme methods in contrast to Sonic. And make his and Sonic's rivalry stronger than ever because of this.

Look, Shadow doesn't have to be really evil again, just give him a reason to be antagonistic towards Sonic, it doesn't take much.
    Clark Kent the Wolf

Quote Originally Posted by Havon Bob Topal View Post
    Make him more like Boom Shadow.
    Quote Originally Posted by SunMerc View Post
    Naah, that's not a very accurate representation of him.

His personality should be that of SA2.
    Quote Originally Posted by New the Chameleon View Post
    Nah, you guys are forgetting about Sonic Battle Shadow. I feel that it's the best characterisation for him post-SA2 as it has him having already accepted his past (so he doesn't angst everywhere and stuff) and developed as a character without discarding his entire backstory, while still being edgy, serious and pragmatic. He even has a good reason for opposing Sonic (he wants to destroy Emerl as he sees Emerl's potential to go rogue and destroy everything, just like himself) and points out the flaws in Sonic's actions teaching deadly combat techniques to the super-dangerous weapon with the ability to copy any move perfectly and the potential to destroy the world and giving it the super-powerful Chaos Emeralds) in that game.
    Last edited by Grizzexploder; 05-07-2017 at 01:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzexploder View Post
    Nah, you guys are forgetting about Sonic Battle Shadow. I feel that it's the best characterisation for him post-SA2 as it has him having already accepted his past (so he doesn't angst everywhere and stuff) and developed as a character without discarding his entire backstory, while still being edgy, serious and pragmatic. He even has a good reason for opposing Sonic (he wants to destroy Emerl as he sees Emerl's potential to go rogue and destroy everything, just like himself) and points out the flaws in Sonic's actions teaching deadly combat techniques to the super-dangerous weapon with the ability to copy any move perfectly and the potential to destroy the world and giving it the super-powerful Chaos Emeralds) in that game.
    I guess you're right, but I just don't see the point of using the backstory anymore.
    Clark Kent the Wolf

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617