Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: What should they do with Shadow in future games?

Quote Originally Posted by S.O.N.I.C View Post
    Shadow didnt do any damage. The game developers did. Don't know if you're aware of this, but Shadow isn't real.

and what other characters are you even talking about? The Chaotix? Omega the Fillerbot? The series is already lacking secondary characters to begin with and you want to get rid of one of the best ones?

Best ones? He has nothing to offer anymore. He's just put in things for fans service. He's been explored enough as a character.
    http://forums.sega.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=163480&dateline=14877  30777
    STOP SPREADING FAKE REVIEWS ON SONIC!

Quote Originally Posted by PandaChao~ View Post

Best ones? He has nothing to offer anymore. He's just put in things for fans service. He's been explored enough as a character.
    Yes,as bad as he may be and is, he's still one of the best, given how practically the whole cast is awful as characters. And he doesn't need to be explored as a character further, just have him be playable and appear in the story. Just because he's around, doesn't mean he needs to get development. The whole cast has nothing to offer as characters, especially Sonic's three closest pals, yet they're always showing up. Not to mention in terms of playstyle, him playng lik sonic makes the most sense
    Last edited by S.O.N.I.C; 01-11-2017 at 08:19 AM.

Shadow didnt do any damage. The game developers did. Don't know if you're aware of this, but Shadow isn't real.

and what other characters are you even talking about? The Chaotix? Omega the Fillerbot? The series is already lacking secondary characters to begin with and you want to get rid of one of the best ones?
    Shadow already complete his story which is the only thing that he used to serve , we know everything about him and he got enough spotlight . while the characters are trapped being underuse for a long time like Chaotix and misused like Rouge , SEGA made her damsel in distress for the sake of him . It's not fair focusing on a character just because you find him cool and ignore the rest of the cast, the other characters have fans you know , and the most they are easier to justify their extence .

A side series with him, Rouge and Omega would be cool.
    <a href=http://forums.sega.com/image.php?u=154241&type=sigpic&dateline=1343932484 target=_blank>http://forums.sega.com/image.php?u=1...ine=1343932484</a>

Yes,as bad as he may be and is, he's still one of the best, given how practically the whole cast is awful as characters. And he doesn't need to be explored as a character further, just have him be playable and appear in the story. Just because he's around, doesn't mean he needs to get development. The whole cast has nothing to offer as characters, especially Sonic's three closest pals, yet they're always showing up. Not to mention in terms of playstyle, him playng lik sonic makes the most sense
    He's not really all that interesting since he plays exactly like Sonic. An inferior version of Sonic. I'll rather play as Amy or Blaze.
    http://forums.sega.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=163480&dateline=14877  30777
    STOP SPREADING FAKE REVIEWS ON SONIC!

Quote Originally Posted by Emerlad View Post
    Shadow already complete his story which is the only thing that he used to serve
    A character's story being done is only done when the writers want it to be. Again, as a GUN agent, it isn't hard to put Shadow into the story with a reasonable ... reason. Sonic, Tails, Knukcles, and Amy have never had a game revolve around them on a personal level either (except maybe one may make an exception with Sonic and the Werehog thing). It's always someone else, whether that be Chaos, Gerald, Metal Sonic, Elise, Chip, Sharah, or the Wisps. Shadow doesn't need to be th focus of a game to justify him being present in the story.

The games' stories never actually revolve around the main characters outside of Shadow, and Knuckles/Eggman indirectly.

we know everything about him and he got enough spotlight
    First off, he's been absent for over 10 years from the main games, so no, it's high time he was properly put into the story again

Second, your idea of needing to know more "things" about a character to justify their appearance only applied to, again, characters like Elise and Chip, whom the story actually center around. Otherwise, Sonic should never show up given we know nothing about him
    while the characters are trapped being underuse for a long time like Chaotix and misused like Rouge , SEGA made her damsel in distress for the sake of him.

t's not fair focusing on a character just because you find him cool and ignore the rest of the cast, the other characters have fans you know , and the most they are easier to justify their extence .
    You do realize this whole "characters being underused" applies to literally the entire cast bar Sonic, Tails, and Eggman, right? Shadow has been used just as much as Rouge or the Chaotix have. Moreover, if you actually took the time to read some of my posts on this thread, I actually do vouch for Team Dark as a whole as well as Team Chaotix being regulars, since both teams' appearances are easy to justify.

Quote Originally Posted by thesoniczone11 View Post
    Yes. That's pretty much what happened. Sonic naturally became what Shadow was artificially created to be.
    mystery solved I guess

Quote Originally Posted by PandaChao~ View Post
    He's not really all that interesting since he plays exactly like Sonic. An inferior version of Sonic. I'll rather play as Amy or Blaze.
    Gameplay can fluctuate based on the developers, and that much is obvious.

I was actually speaking from a story perspective, and quite frankly, Team Dark as a whole has more of a reason to get involved with stopping Eggman and saving the world than pretty much the rest of the cast bar Sonic and Tails, and maybe Amy. But I doubt SEGA will ever replace Knuckles with Amy.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckie6 View Post
    Shadow's been more or less irrelevant since '06. What should they do about this, and how could it be handled correctly?
    By either not using him anymore (at all) or giving him his own spin-off series which should be completely unrelated to Sonic and his adventures. He also works as a multiplayer / time attack unlockable (like Metal Sonic in SA1/2) and for games like All-Stars racing.

kill him

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast