Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Virtua Fighter 25th Anniversary ?

playing tekken 7 with virtua fighter 6 nowhere to be found

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Bros 3D View Post
    lol Tekken 7 delayed again for june, Rip the hype and the fans.

This is the perfect time to announce a new Virtua Fighter soon so much ! =)
    better hear something soon........final showdown came out in june 2012 and we dont even have news of a game in development

This years or in 2018 there will be also Souls Calibur, only Virtua Fighter is dead

What a shame for a series that started the 3D fighting games
    http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7352/11403311736_d9378cea2e_o.jpg
    We want Panzer Dragoon SAGA 2 RPG on PS4 and other home consoles, please Sega, please Nagoshi!

VF is not dead. SEGA cannot afford to kill one of their biggest moneymakers in the Arcade business.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnedBones View Post
    VF is not dead. SEGA cannot afford to kill one of their biggest moneymakers in the Arcade business.
    In theory yes, but...
    I mean VF5 Final Showdown was a 2010 game and VF5 was 2005, it's more than 10 years since a brand new chapter and 7 years since the final release, majority of people would count that as a dead series.
    We want Panzer Dragoon SAGA 2 RPG on PS4 and other home consoles, please Sega, please Nagoshi!

VF5 is 2006, there still few people who play VF5FS everyday, it's not so bad...

VF is not only the 3D starter but also the best 3D Fighter (the best fighting game of all imo).

I hope so bad that Nagoshi (worked on VF2) since Yakuza 6 and the series is over, and this developers team is the best from SEGA !

I really hope SEGA and Nagoshi's studio will announce they work on the next Virtua Fighter.

That would be the greatest news for VF.

Only them can make it, VF is hard : graphics (1080p-4k), gameplay, musics, stages, art style & design, costumes, win pauses, new mechanics & characters, everythings... VF is the best, and it takes very long to all for being so good.

Let's keep dreaming...

VF mini games in the Yakuza series, trademark renewed, JAEPO 2017, VF 25th Anniversary, EVO Japan 2018, ...

There still some chances for #VF6

Well.. we know why there hasn't been a new game, its because they can't add anything to the formula that would make it better then 5. No game is better then a bad game. They don't want to downgrade the game, and in my view final showdown was a downgrade.. I mean akira was so different and not in a good way, stages so small, it didn't feel good at all. Then again R wasn't too good either.. a new character was added.. which I didn't like to much. Anyway, they need new talent that can see the game in a new way and then develop a game that can surpass 5. Maybe it will happen, maybe it won't because the task is very difficult but I hope it happens one day.

Quote Originally Posted by _AreBeAre_ View Post
    Well.. we know why there hasn't been a new game, its because they can't add anything to the formula that would make it better then 5. No game is better then a bad game. They don't want to downgrade the game, and in my view final showdown was a downgrade.. I mean akira was so different and not in a good way, stages so small, it didn't feel good at all. Then again R wasn't too good either.. a new character was added.. which I didn't like to much. Anyway, they need new talent that can see the game in a new way and then develop a game that can surpass 5. Maybe it will happen, maybe it won't because the task is very difficult but I hope it happens one day.
    I agree with both statements.
    Also in my opinion Final Showdown was a downgrade of VF5 (it became a juggle fest basically), not to mention that it arrived in a very bare bone edition and digital only.

And I think too Am2 is struggling to find a way to evolve the series and it seems that they are completely in the dark right now (we must call back Yu Suzuki!).

Bring original Model 3 arcade Virtua Fighter 3 to Switch, please.

playing tekken 7 with virtua fighter 6 nowhere to be found

Quote Originally Posted by City Hunter View Post
    I agree with both statements.
    Also in my opinion Final Showdown was a downgrade of VF5 (it became a juggle fest basically), not to mention that it arrived in a very bare bone edition and digital only.
    juggling was already starting to take shape in virtua fighter 4. VF5 only made the game more accessible and easier to execute x_x

the net code was trash in vf5 and if VF6 is to come that would definitely need to be improved
    Last edited by 9.9.99; 01-28-2017 at 10:07 PM.

VF5FS is better than VF5 :

animations, spacing, lightning, netcode, new characters... FS is really an upgrade of VF5.

+ for the Virtua Fighter 6 case, there always been at least 1 VF by generation so it's not too late...

and imo VF5 cames out very too soon on the PS360 generation.

But now today we have a 20x better internet (YouTube, Twitch, Twitter, FB, forums, websites...) than 2006 and a lot of publicity for games, people couldn't see enough how VF is godlike !

a great VF in 2017-18-19-20...with the new technologies would be mind blow :0

VF6 4k HDR can't wait

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast