Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why is Knuckles a big idiot?

Default Why is Knuckles a big idiot?

Am I the only one that remembers the cool, intelligent Knuckles from SA1 and 2 that guarded the master emerald? I really miss that guy. Sure, he got manipulated by Eggman, but he wasn't a brainless bag of rocks.

The thing that sucks about Sonic Boom is that the characters from the games aren't here. Is that supposed to be a good thing? I don't get it.

Different is not always better. The characters from the games are awesome, they just need to be adapted correctly. Just once I wish SEGA would hire competent writers that played SA1, 2, Heroes, etc, and actually understood these characters.

Characters and their personality were edited for Boom Spinoff seeries to fit te comedy genre more. Knuckles was edited extremely, yes. I guess they needed an idiot character to the show and Knuckles was the most fitting option. After all no one looks competent in Sonic Boom though.

Senior Member Sonic_and_Tails_forever's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JanPřibyl View Post
    Characters and their personality were edited for Boom Spinoff seeries to fit te comedy genre more. Knuckles was edited extremely, yes. I guess they needed an idiot character to the show and Knuckles was the most fitting option. After all no one looks competent in Sonic Boom though.
    Tails and Orbot are fairly competent. Amy, too. The others, unless Sticks is doing survival stuff or is right about a theory, not so much.
    Freedom. Admiration. Determination. Loyalty to Cause. Selflessness. Altruism.

Signature pic by Speendlex​

I don't recall Knuckles being particularly intelligent in the franchise. Resourceful yes, but not exactly bright. Often he was either tricked by Dr. Eggman or he acted out of a single-minded impulse with not much thought on the consequences.

One thing I noticed though is that Knuckles is an entertaining character... in alternative media like cartoons or comics. In the actual games, at least the modern ones like the Adventures were often he was alone on his own, he's kind of serious and a bit bland. Makes one miss the classic days when he chuckled.

Then there's the way many stories forced him to appear for reasons that had nothing to do with his role as the guardian of the ME, in some cases being degraded to perform mundane tasks worthy of a job for unimportant extras like in 06, which is a shame because I still like the character and hurts to see it handled this way for reasons that don't benefit it.

I do kind of like Boom Knuckles a bit better though because while not intelligent, he has some genuine moments that I find funny or that show him dealing with the idea of being the last of his kind, which his main counterpart hardly ever did, and instead of taking and angsty route, it went for a silly one were the character desperately looked for a family were he could feel like belonging. Add on top that this Knuckles is actually a friend of Sonic from the start, unlike the game counterpart which at the most is just an ally.

I dunno... sometimes I think that fans over-idealize the main version of Knuckles, projecting into him something that maybe he really wasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Azzy View Post
    If SMS is considered evil then I don't want to be nice.

Because he always was an idiot. Surely, it's exaggerated now.
    http://forums.sega.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=163480&dateline=14877  30777
    STOP SPREADING FAKE REVIEWS ON SONIC!

Because they exaggerated his lack of intelligence for the sake of comedy. Knuckles was never bright, but it was less of a full on stupid, and more of an inability to think before acting. Regardless, it's not stopping him from being ing hilarious in Sonic Boom.
    ​​

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfan94 View Post
    Am I the only one that remembers the cool, intelligent Knuckles
    No, what would make you think that?

Slightly off topic, but has anybody ever heard of BlackCeiling?

Over at DeviantArt, he used to troll people who had the "audacity" to portray Knuckles in a manner that wasn't "uber serious" or "cool" (i.e. dumb, or buttmonkey) and call them "misguided Knuckles haters" And when the artist tried to say otherwise, saying they were going by how he acts in the games and Sonic X, his response was "Sega has brainwashed you well."

He would have a field day with Boom!Knuckles..... I really can't help but wonder what he'd think about him and what he would say to others who support him or what not?

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...DuEmpMwLL4S_r5
    Click above to see Minkgirl's Top 100 Sonic Moments!!!

He looks more like a bro type of guy to me.

Peach / Girl Bomber: Tackle with a hip attack, but try not to miss.
    Unikitty: Oh, he's stuck to my butt thank you!
    Amy Rose: Ha! Dexter is just a guy I imagined. I wanted to make you jealous I don't need him now!

Knuckles wants you to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ud0NbemeoU0 LOL.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast