Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why is Knuckles a big idiot?

Knuckles has been made the comic relief character since after Heroes. He was always gullible and falling for Eggman's tricks, but never seemed to learn from them. In Boom he is more like the village idiot than anything, as its a spin-off in a different continuity, there is no reason to change things up a bit. Plus, truth be told, I have never laughed so much while watching a Sonic cartoon. Seriously, its the reason I watch Boom for Knuckles. His personality in the main series hasn't changed that much, just added a bit of the Boom side

Lmao there are lots of threads asking why is X character a jerk/idiot? Different universe.
    Clark Kent the Wolf

This Knuckles in Sonic Boom parody is much better.
    Always Bet On Tails!

Sig pic by Speendlex.
    Bring back playable characters!

To be a broken record about this, Boom Knuckles pretty much takes how dumb Knuckles was in the games and adds more to that trait. After all a common thing that characters with a lot of brawn have is that they don't have much brain and Knux in both the mainline and Boom series pretty much share that.

Unless you also count Archie comics but in all honesty I don't really count them on a lot of things.

Because he was getting too popular. Illuminati.

i just watched the first few episodes and noticed he wasnt all that dumb. besides the "i cant read" line He was just really goofy

His character is different. Maybe they just want to emphasize how he fell for Eggman's tricks in S3 and SA.
    Finished Forces stage 22 Death Egg - Death Egg in 1'23"35

In every comedy show they have someone who is dumb, someone who is smart and someone who is something in the between.

I find Sonic Booms version of Knuckles a liiittle bit to much that he's not funny at all just annoying.
    They should tone down a bit on his stupidness (spell`? can't find the right word), then he would be perfect.

Senior Member ShadowTheUltimate's Avatar

Do what they did with Michael Kelso in That 70's Show and make him naive, not stupid. Make Amy less... everything. Make Tails more creative.

Knuckles' anti-intellectualism came with the proclamation that unlike Sonic he didn't chuckle and would rather flex his muscles.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast