Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Yakuza 0 Sales (VGChartz)

Quote Originally Posted by Reichskommissar View Post
    I'd love for that to happen. Majima was definitely the highlight in Y0, his fighting styles were just too fun to use. A game starring him as the main character would be awesome, with his combat styles being further enhanced and improved like Kiryu's were in Kiwami.
    I'm agree with you, Majima is one of the best playable protagonist of the RGG serie. I already loved his two first fight style but with the last .... Dance fight style man I was really surprised to see all theses moves. The more funiest thing is that I discovered this fighting style with a substorie, the one with the drug test you know ? One of them make you change your fighting style all the one minute or so, when I saw "breaker style" I was telling me "Breaker ??? It's the last one ?!!!" xD

So yeah, I think a game with Majima can really be awesome, Zero prove it. The one thing that will be missing me too much : Haruka !!!!!^^ And Kazzie too of course Kazzie !!!^^

Forgot to ask : what do you think of the gameplay/combat style in Yakuza 6 ?

Quote Originally Posted by City Hunter View Post
    During the 3rd party era there were just a few real attempts at big console games, Yakuza and Valkyria, and guess what they both payed off becoming series.
    The ones that really failed were the sega published games (the one not developed by sega) like resonance of fate, mad world and similars.

During the first party days they took many risks and the majority payed off, the one that failed were abundantly covered by other successes.
    The real problem were the hardware sales of Saturn and DC and the huge debts during the Saturn era, that's what really ruined Sega as an hardware house.
    Don't forget Bayonetta, which sold over 1 million units in the first month. Ironically though, the sequel was inexplicable cancelled despite the original game being "hugely successful for SEGA". Good job killing yet another great IP, SEGA.

Quote Originally Posted by Unclekaz View Post
    I'm agree with you, Majima is one of the best playable protagonist of the RGG serie. I already loved his two first fight style but with the last .... Dance fight style man I was really surprised to see all theses moves. The more funiest thing is that I discovered this fighting style with a substorie, the one with the drug test you know ? One of them make you change your fighting style all the one minute or so, when I saw "breaker style" I was telling me "Breaker ??? It's the last one ?!!!" xD

So yeah, I think a game with Majima can really be awesome, Zero prove it. The one thing that will be missing me too much : Haruka !!!!!^^ And Kazzie too of course Kazzie !!!^^

Forgot to ask : what do you think of the gameplay/combat style in Yakuza 6 ?
    I heard that you could unlock the Breaker style in one of the substories, before you are actually supposed to have it. Haven't tried doing so, but I will eventually. And, yeah, it's an awesome style, very unique and powerful. Did you unlock the fourth style? Really cool as well.

As for the gameplay and combat in Yakuza 6. I've only played the demo, so can't fully judge it yet. But from what I've played and seen, the gameplay and the free roaming aspect is certainly welcomed and makes the world feel more organic, and combat more dynamic. A fight beginning in the streets, and then naturally moving into a store or other area was great.

As for the combat itself, I try to keep an open mind, and it is nice to see that it has different features from different styles incorporated into one combat style. But, it's a bit disappointing as it does not seem to have same options and versatility that the four combat styles provided in Y0/Kiwami. Again, this is only based on the demo and game footages, so maybe the full game will turn out to be better in that regard.

I heard that you could unlock the Breaker style in one of the substories, before you are actually supposed to have it. Haven't tried doing so, but I will eventually. And, yeah, it's an awesome style, very unique and powerful. Did you unlock the fourth style? Really cool as well.

As for the gameplay and combat in Yakuza 6. I've only played the demo, so can't fully judge it yet. But from what I've played and seen, the gameplay and the free roaming aspect is certainly welcomed and makes the world feel more organic, and combat more dynamic. A fight beginning in the streets, and then naturally moving into a store or other area was great.

As for the combat itself, I try to keep an open mind, and it is nice to see that it has different features from different styles incorporated into one combat style. But, it's a bit disappointing as it does not seem to have same options and versatility that the four combat styles provided in Y0/Kiwami. Again, this is only based on the demo and game footages, so maybe the full game will turn out to be better in that regard.
    Yes, the substorie is the one with the drugs tests, I'm doing all the side content directly when I can so I've got to see the Breaker style without wanted it but man, after I saw that style I wanted only one thing : moving in the story to have this fighting style !!!!!^^

Fourth style ???? There's four ?!!!! xD I actually haven't finished Zero yet, I was on The Last Guardian till the beginning of February, then I found a job and I began Zero. I put almost all my free time when I'm home on Yakuza Zero, even like that I'm REALLY late in the game I have to do, in the progression of Zero, I'm really a turtle when I play games, especially the one I like the most like Yakuza, 550 hours for Yakuza 5 and I could return to it if I had the time :P

So yeah, I'm at the seven chapter of Yakuza Zero, for 130 hours of playtime, yes, 130 xD But I'm at 75% of completion !!!! I'm really doing all the side content directly when I can so I don't see the hours^^

Ah you don't played Yakuza 6 yet ? You wait till the english version ? That's what I'm doing for all the Yakuza too, for having the best experience possible but with Yakuza 6 .... I couldn't wait. I haven't played it either but I know MANY things from the story (many details for the baby of Haruka, which is, from what I heard, some big if you want my opinion. The Haruka I know wouldn't do what she've done. For me, Nagoshi "betrayed" the character that is Haruka to serve the story. I won't say more to not spoiling you but seriously, everything concerning my Haruka in this Yakuza is , one of my friend who played the game told me for different reasons "I almost don't have the impression to play a Yakuza game...") I know the end too, the one for Haruka and the one for Kazzie, I won't spoil you, don't worry.

The one for Haruka, I'm quite happy with it, we retrive the Haruka I know since some years but the one with Kazzie ? Well ... It's ... I don't like it, you'll see by yourself but his ending is really "particular" ...

For many of my friend, Yakuza 6 is a deception. For the story of Haruka, for the story itself, for the final boss who's ridiculously easy, for the gameplay, for the content ..... A high deception and, for me, the worst deception I EVER had. Cause I was waiting this Yakuza like one of the best Yakuza but man it's so disappointing ....

I'll have my final opinion when I'll play the game entirely but with all what I know, with the reviews of my friends, with what I saw ..... Deception, that's what come in my mind when I think to Yakuza 6. I'll stop here for writing, sorry for the book, hope you like reading and writing cause I really love that, specially when it comes to Yakuza ^^
    Last edited by Unclekaz; 04-22-2017 at 12:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnedBones View Post
    Don't forget Bayonetta, which sold over 1 million units in the first month. Ironically though, the sequel was inexplicable cancelled despite the original game being "hugely successful for SEGA". Good job killing yet another great IP, SEGA.
    Bayonetta was one of the very very few stories of success with published games not developed internally, It was just unlucky (like many games cancelled) to be caught during the 2012 Sega restructuration (aka downsizing).
    http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7352/11403311736_d9378cea2e_o.jpg
    We want Panzer Dragoon SAGA 2 RPG on PS4 and other home consoles, please Sega, please Nagoshi!

Yes, the substorie is the one with the drugs tests, I'm doing all the side content directly when I can so I've got to see the Breaker style without wanted it but man, after I saw that style I wanted only one thing : moving in the story to have this fighting style !!!!!^^

Fourth style ???? There's four ?!!!! xD I actually haven't finished Zero yet, I was on The Last Guardian till the beginning of February, then I found a job and I began Zero. I put almost all my free time when I'm home on Yakuza Zero, even like that I'm REALLY late in the game I have to do, in the progression of Zero, I'm really a turtle when I play games, especially the one I like the most like Yakuza, 550 hours for Yakuza 5 and I could return to it if I had the time :P

So yeah, I'm at the seven chapter of Yakuza Zero, for 130 hours of playtime, yes, 130 xD But I'm at 75% of completion !!!! I'm really doing all the side content directly when I can so I don't see the hours^^

Ah you don't played Yakuza 6 yet ? You wait till the english version ? That's what I'm doing for all the Yakuza too, for having the best experience possible but with Yakuza 6 .... I couldn't wait. I haven't played it either but I know MANY things from the story (many details for the baby of Haruka, which is, from what I heard, some big if you want my opinion. The Haruka I know wouldn't do what she've done. For me, Nagoshi "betrayed" the character that is Haruka to serve the story. I won't say more to not spoiling you but seriously, everything concerning my Haruka in this Yakuza is , one of my friend who played the game told me for different reasons "I almost don't have the impression to play a Yakuza game...") I know the end too, the one for Haruka and the one for Kazzie, I won't spoil you, don't worry.

The one for Haruka, I'm quite happy with it, we retrive the Haruka I know since some years but the one with Kazzie ? Well ... It's ... I don't like it, you'll see by yourself but his ending is really "particular" ...

For many of my friend, Yakuza 6 is a deception. For the story of Haruka, for the story itself, for the final boss who's ridiculously easy, for the gameplay, for the content ..... A high deception and, for me, the worst deception I EVER had. Cause I was waiting this Yakuza like one of the best Yakuza but man it's so disappointing ....

I'll have my final opinion when I'll play the game entirely but with all what I know, with the reviews of my friends, with what I saw ..... Deception, that's what come in my mind when I think to Yakuza 6. I'll stop here for writing, sorry for the book, hope you like reading and writing cause I really love that, specially when it comes to Yakuza ^^
    Yep, there is a fourth style, for each character. I won't spoil what it is or how to get it, if you are going for 100% completion you'll get it sooner or later, but it's definitely worth it, both of them are awesome.

And yes, I'm waiting for the Western release of Y6 before playing it, Kiwami will make the wait a breeze. I only imported Y5, as I had given up hope that it would get localised. Still got it once it was localised though.

I heard that Y6 was a disappointment, in several aspects. I'm disappointed myself with it, from what I've seen of it so far, especially the lack of a coliseum and no Ultimate battles. But I still really want to play, even if it turns out to be a disappointment, I still think it will be a great game.

Yep, there is a fourth style, for each character. I won't spoil what it is or how to get it, if you are going for 100% completion you'll get it sooner or later, but it's definitely worth it, both of them are awesome.

And yes, I'm waiting for the Western release of Y6 before playing it, Kiwami will make the wait a breeze. I only imported Y5, as I had given up hope that it would get localised. Still got it once it was localised though.

I heard that Y6 was a disappointment, in several aspects. I'm disappointed myself with it, from what I've seen of it so far, especially the lack of a coliseum and no Ultimate battles. But I still really want to play, even if it turns out to be a disappointment, I still think it will be a great game.
    I unlocked the fourth style yesterday, I was telling me "Majima don't have this fighting style ? That's weird" and it's the last one !!!! It's a demon with this fighting style, I love it, the thing I really think is useless are the upgrade ..... There's nothing, just upping your character strengh and such, I wanted new moves, news heat action, not that. Plus, I have the impression and confirmation from friend that if you really want to be a god, you can when you're upgrading this fighting style, that's really a shame.

I'm not sure what will it be for Kazuma, not as sure as I was for Majiji but I'm sure that it'll be fun

Ahah, I understand you my friend, after all the "we have no intention of localize Yakuza 5" from Nagoshi itself .... It was quite the nightmare, I still hold on to a lil hope to not play it in Japanese and almost waste the game by doing so and at an E3, Yakuza 5 was announced .... Best day ever in my gamers day my friend^^

Ahah there's no Coluseum and no Ultimate battle ? I wasn't even aware of that !!!!! xD The more I learn for this "Yakuza" the more I'm disappointed. Even if, with all the things missing in this Yakuza, I'm not suprised anymore from anything.

Yes I always say it : for me, Yakuza 6 is a great game but a bad, baaaad Yakuza ..... There's was so much to do and there's nothing ... the lack of coliseum is not the only thing missing, many character that we used to see in Yakuza aren't in this Yakuza, the end of the Legend of the Dragon of Dojima deserved WAY better than this game, I can't bear this Yakuza .....

Like you, I will do this RGG, I have my opinion, I will surely have a different one (I'm sure it'll be worse !!!!! xD) when finishing it. As a fan, we have to play this Yakuza to really judge by ourself but man, it's the FIRST time I'll play a game that I don't really want to play ....

The new engine is probably the center of all those problem, Nagoshi shouldn't have make Yakuza 6 now, with a new engine half finished .... He should have make some remake/remastered till he work on Yakuza 6 and his new engine. From the way I see it, I have the impression he almost don't care and finished in "rush" this Yakuza 6 ...

Anyway, this is my worst deception ever and I hope it won't be even worse when I will finish it ...

I unlocked the fourth style yesterday, I was telling me "Majima don't have this fighting style ? That's weird" and it's the last one !!!! It's a demon with this fighting style, I love it, the thing I really think is useless are the upgrade ..... There's nothing, just upping your character strengh and such, I wanted new moves, news heat action, not that. Plus, I have the impression and confirmation from friend that if you really want to be a god, you can when you're upgrading this fighting style, that's really a shame.

I'm not sure what will it be for Kazuma, not as sure as I was for Majiji but I'm sure that it'll be fun

Ahah, I understand you my friend, after all the "we have no intention of localize Yakuza 5" from Nagoshi itself .... It was quite the nightmare, I still hold on to a lil hope to not play it in Japanese and almost waste the game by doing so and at an E3, Yakuza 5 was announced .... Best day ever in my gamers day my friend^^

Ahah there's no Coluseum and no Ultimate battle ? I wasn't even aware of that !!!!! xD The more I learn for this "Yakuza" the more I'm disappointed. Even if, with all the things missing in this Yakuza, I'm not suprised anymore from anything.

Yes I always say it : for me, Yakuza 6 is a great game but a bad, baaaad Yakuza ..... There's was so much to do and there's nothing ... the lack of coliseum is not the only thing missing, many character that we used to see in Yakuza aren't in this Yakuza, the end of the Legend of the Dragon of Dojima deserved WAY better than this game, I can't bear this Yakuza .....

Like you, I will do this RGG, I have my opinion, I will surely have a different one (I'm sure it'll be worse !!!!! xD) when finishing it. As a fan, we have to play this Yakuza to really judge by ourself but man, it's the FIRST time I'll play a game that I don't really want to play ....

The new engine is probably the center of all those problem, Nagoshi shouldn't have make Yakuza 6 now, with a new engine half finished .... He should have make some remake/remastered till he work on Yakuza 6 and his new engine. From the way I see it, I have the impression he almost don't care and finished in "rush" this Yakuza 6 ...

Anyway, this is my worst deception ever and I hope it won't be even worse when I will finish it ...
    Great job! Hope you are enjoying the 4th style, I sure did.

Yeah, the 4th style is fun, but it does come in a whole package with all moves and Heat actions already available from the get go. Your friend is correct, if you get the limit breaker from the CP shrine, you can level up the Legendary style to the point that you become a god when it comes to combat. Personally I would recommend not to do that, as it effectively takes all the fun out of combat, any upgrade done in the legendary style applies to all the other styles as well.

Yep, when they announced that Y5 would be localised, it was truly a day to celebrate. And then they announced Y0, then Kiwami and Y6. Just when I was thinking that Yakuza was dead in the West, they go and make such a huge reversal.

As for Yakuza 6 and the new Dragon engine, that does seem to be a very plausible reason for the game turning out the way it did. They should have taken more time with it, or as you said make a smaller project using it for a remake, or maybe even a spinoff game. But it is what it is. Since there is a new Yakuza in the works, I really hope they work all that out the new game. Either way, I'm looking forward to see what they have in store for us.

Great job! Hope you are enjoying the 4th style, I sure did.

Yeah, the 4th style is fun, but it does come in a whole package with all moves and Heat actions already available from the get go. Your friend is correct, if you get the limit breaker from the CP shrine, you can level up the Legendary style to the point that you become a god when it comes to combat. Personally I would recommend not to do that, as it effectively takes all the fun out of combat, any upgrade done in the legendary style applies to all the other styles as well.

Yep, when they announced that Y5 would be localised, it was truly a day to celebrate. And then they announced Y0, then Kiwami and Y6. Just when I was thinking that Yakuza was dead in the West, they go and make such a huge reversal.

As for Yakuza 6 and the new Dragon engine, that does seem to be a very plausible reason for the game turning out the way it did. They should have taken more time with it, or as you said make a smaller project using it for a remake, or maybe even a spinoff game. But it is what it is. Since there is a new Yakuza in the works, I really hope they work all that out the new game. Either way, I'm looking forward to see what they have in store for us.
    Thanks I'm enjoying it, it's really fun but I'm not using it that much on "story mode", there's too much great fighting style with Majima^^

Yes I won't do that. I don't really understand where's the fun to be God among human ... It's already not dofficult so if we're even stronger ..... No thanks !!!!^^ Ahah you know what I just thought of ? Upgrade ennemy too, ahah this would be fun and pretty original xD

Yes, I do hope that sales are higher due to the appearance of Yakuza 5 at the same E3 it was announced, Yakuza deserve high sales. Can't wait for Kiwami but as I told you, I'm not really waiting RGG 6 :/ For a better mood, I think Yakuza as still future in west and I hope this'll be like that for years

"It is what it is" Yes, unfortunatly, Yakuza 6, for me and others players is a deception and even a "betrayer" ... Can't bear it...

The next Yakuza will surely be better than 6, I don't see how it could be worst honestly so I'm looking forward to see the future of Yakuza too

I'm at chapter 13, 90% completion. It's always funny to see how the game is quicker when you're doing the story only^^

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234