Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Nindies Thread! :p

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowLegend View Post
    People said the same thing about the Wii U. Just saying.
    For such a poor selling console it did end up with a good library of indie games. It also has its own set of titles ported to Nintendo that aren't on Playstation or XBOX.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobthebob View Post
    Cool story bro.

/pic

Now Playing: LA Noire (Switch) Super Mario Odyssey (Switch)
    Recently Completed: Persona 5 (PS4), South Park Fractured But Whole (PS4), Sonic Forces (PS4)
    Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/NintendoSega54

I'm looking forward to it, not because it's a good series (and it is), or because I liked the series (I kinda did, but mostly only in multiplayer), but because of all the people who will get introduced to such a unique series. Toejam and Earl is such a unique concept imo.

Bye bye, Jontron.

Removed from Yooka-Laylee, because "love and tolerance" and all that. =P
    -Proud to be a True Gamer-

Fluffy's Tumblr Page
    I love my Shadi-kun. <3

Quote Originally Posted by fluffymoochicken View Post
    Bye bye, Jontron.

I heard about this yesterday. So I tried contacting Playtonic to see if I could take Jon's place. But they have no spots at the time. Oh well, at least I Gave it a shot to take that elephant er's place.
    Currently awaiting......Whatever.

Bye bye, Jontron.

Oh wow, that sucks. The guy was basically the biggest fan of Playtonic's past works. Ah well, Yooka-Laylee was looking kind of bad anyways.

Never fall for the kickstarter meme.

aspiring memesmith

The thing is, the audience for Yooka-Laylee is pretty much the same as Jontron's core fanbase - i.e. internet-dwelling males who frequent websites like Know Your Meme and 4chan, and many of whom have been redpilled something fierce.

In a way, retaliating against Jontron is like biting the hand that feeds them.
    -Proud to be a True Gamer-

Fluffy's Tumblr Page
    I love my Shadi-kun. <3

The thing is, the audience for Yooka-Laylee is pretty much the same as Jontron's core fanbase - i.e. internet-dwelling males who frequent websites like Know Your Meme and 4chan, and many of whom have been redpilled something fierce.

In a way, retaliating against Jontron is like biting the hand that feeds them.
    They're already used to biting the hand that feeds them. They did cancel the Wii U version, aka the "main" version according to them, of Yooka-Laylee afterall. Not a great way to treat the Nintendo fans they wanted to please.

Them canning Jontron over political reasons that have nothing to do with his involvement with the game itself is just extra gravy at this point. Though I'm pretty sure they'd have kept his voice if not for Gaffers whining about him on Playtonic's Twitter. Pretty sure most people forgot he even did some voicework for it.
    Last edited by Captain Linebeck; 03-23-2017 at 11:10 PM.

aspiring memesmith

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Linebeck View Post
    They're already used to biting the hand that feeds them. They did cancel the Wii U version, aka the "main" version according to them, of Yooka-Laylee afterall. Not a great way to treat the Nintendo fans they wanted to please.

Them canning Jontron over political reasons that have nothing to do with his involvement with the game itself is just extra gravy at this point. Though I'm pretty sure they'd have kept his voice if not for Gaffers whining about him on Playtonic's Twitter. Pretty sure most people forgot he even did some voicework for it.
    Remember when Pew Die Pie went under the controversy microscope? It cost him a deal with Disney, and now it seems Youtube doesn't want anything to do with him.

Edit: Also, in recent times, Youtube is facing an Advertiser revolt over certain Youtube Content.

The decision by a handful of high-profile consumer brands to pull advertising from Google’s YouTube over offensive content could threaten the site’s long-term strategy of stealing ad dollars from television, analysts and ad industry professionals said Thursday.

The immediate financial impact of the controversy is likely to be limited, in part because a big chunk of YouTube revenue comes from smaller advertisers who lack the budget for TV campaigns and do not have easy alternatives. Some analysts also believe that departing advertisers, eager to reach YouTube's millennial audience, will quickly return.

But with "brand safety" emerging as a major concern for marketers amid a surge in hate speech and other types of offensive content across the internet, the widespread assumption that major advertisers are ready to shift large chunks of their budgets from TV to digital now looks much more dubious.

The timing may also favor television networks as they usually present their fall line-ups and woo big advertisers starting in May, agency executives said.
    More info is at: http://www.reuters.com/article/us-al...-idUSKBN16V08Y
    Currently awaiting......Whatever.

Bye bye, Jontron.

Lmao.
    http://forums.sega.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=163480&dateline=14877  30777
    STOP SPREADING FAKE REVIEWS ON SONIC!

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast